Tiger Shipment

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
In the UK there has been a bit of confusion as to whether Tiger will ship on Friday or be delivered and Apple keep changing the wording! In the London Apple Store I was told that the UK pre-orders would arrive Thursday (if we're lucky) or Friday. However, when phoning up, a representative said it could take till Tuesday (Monday is a bank holiday). Has anyone got any idea? Also if my order is processing - as of today, is it more likely to arrive Friday? It'd be great if the Brits got it before the Yankees!

I will post screenshots and comments if i get it earlier than 6PM BST Friday!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 88
    Yes. The e-mail from Apple UK urging me to pre-order claimed pre-orders would *arrive* on the 29th. But the online order status say is will ship on the 29th.

I'm near enough to the London store that I might pop over after work on Friday if it doesn't show up.
  • Reply 2 of 88
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melevittfl

Yes. The e-mail from Apple UK urging me to pre-order claimed pre-orders would *arrive* on the 29th. But the online order status say is will ship on the 29th.

I'm near enough to the London store that I might pop over after work on Friday if it doesn't show up.

But then you don't get the special seminar!!
  • Reply 3 of 88
    my Tiger pre-order says delivered on or before the 28th. so iExpect it to ship today.
  • Reply 4 of 88
    My Tiger is officially shipping! It should arrive moro or Friday. It looks like UK people are finally getting something early!
  • Reply 5 of 88
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Today, My copy of Tiger shipped...and I noticed that my shipping was conveniently upgraded to 2-day shipping...hmm...lets think about this...April 27+2 days = April 29...o wait...Thats when tiger comes out!!!
  • Reply 6 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

Today, My copy of Tiger shipped...and I noticed that my shipping was conveniently upgraded to 2-day shipping...hmm...lets think about this...April 27+2 days = April 29...o wait...Thats when tiger comes out!!!

I was expecting it Tuesday.
  • Reply 7 of 88
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

I was expecting it Tuesday.

Well yes...if Apple would have stuck to ground shipping...but with 2 day shipping upgraded for everybody...they can get it all out today and to people on the 29th
  • Reply 8 of 88
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    That's pretty nice if you think about it. Free 2-day shipping ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!!!! When 10.3 first came out Apple Over nighted it to me.
  • Reply 9 of 88
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Algol

Free 2-day shipping ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!!!!

lol yes, after your Mac mini's shipping time (absolutely horrible service by the way), 2 days should be perfect.
  • Reply 10 of 88
    I ordered Tiger on 4/12 and as of 4:30am on the 4/28 my copy hasn't shipped ....Order status page still says "Preparing shipment".

Has anyone in the states had their copy ship yet? Has anyone in Connecticut received their copy yet? I wonder if international shipped first (for obvious reasons)?

When I ordered Tiger I also ordered iLife '05 and although it was sent via 2-day ground it came the next day (16 hours after I ordered it!!!) because it was sent from Jersey to Connecticut.....so I'm trying to be optimistic.

If it doesn't go out early this morning I think I won't get it until Saturday
  • Reply 11 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by FireDancer

I ordered Tiger on 4/12 and as of 4:30am on the 4/28 my copy hasn't shipped ....Order status page still says "Preparing shipment".

Has anyone in the states had their copy ship yet? Has anyone in Connecticut received their copy yet? I wonder if international shipped first (for obvious reasons)?

When I ordered Tiger I also ordered iLife '05 and although it was sent via 2-day ground it came the next day (16 hours after I ordered it!!!) because it was sent from Jersey to Connecticut.....so I'm trying to be optimistic.

If it doesn't go out early this morning I think I won't get it until Saturday

Mine shipped this morning as I said - but it's in the UK already. If you ordered it in America the Apple policy is delivery on the 29th.
  • Reply 12 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

Mine just arrived (Barcelona) wooohooo !!!

Now I have a problem as I was expecting it tomorrow and I have a ton of work today - can I hold out and not install till then ?

Doesn't seem likely....hmmmm....

go for it, post screenshots. When did it ship?
  • Reply 13 of 88
    Quote:

Shipped on the 26th - will try and get some stuff out of the way and go for it in an hour or so ! If I can hold out till then !

Resistance is futile!!!

• Reply 14 of 88
    Quote:

Shipped on the 26th - will try and get some stuff out of the way and go for it in an hour or so ! If I can hold out till then !

cool - so do u mind if we ask you questions? I want to know if you copy the library mail folder if the new Mail works properly.
  • Reply 15 of 88
    Quote:

No probs but I can't risk it for an hour or so because I need MySql for this job I'm doing and it's best to finish it on Panther because I have always had problems installing it and that would be disastrous if that happened.

I'm superstitious so I need to wait a bit

that's cool, what kind of install are you doing?
  • Reply 16 of 88
    Got my copy today. Installed and ready.
  • Reply 17 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by Patrik_L

Got my copy today. Installed and ready.

cool - tell us what it's like. Is it still indexing?
  • Reply 18 of 88
    there's a sticky about it - i assume the person who wrote it had used it
  • Reply 19 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

cool - tell us what it's like. Is it still indexing?

Indexing took 30-40 minutes, when I connected my iPod it started indexing that, took 20 minutes.

It works like a charm, a little problems with Mail (thank god for backup...) and I needed to re-install X11.

Safari's automatic update of RSS-streams doesn't seem to work though...
  • Reply 20 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by Patrik_L

...a little problems with Mail (thank god for backup...) ...

That sounds a little worrying... Could you give some more info on what the problem was (and what you did to correct it)?