Tiger Shipment

Comments

• Reply 61 of 88
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Well, Mine is "on the truck" lets hope I don't "Fall off the wagon" before it gets here...
  • Reply 62 of 88
    Well the FedEx lady just told me FedEx will probably hold my package unti lMonday since it was sent 2nd day. Unfortunately, it was picked up in PA yesterday at 6PM and hasn't shown up anywhere since (it's 11:30am the next day).

Thinking of going to get a copy at the Apple store tonight and returning this copy when it comes.
  • Reply 63 of 88
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    FireDancer,

Maybe you can even just refuse the Fedex package on Monday, which will save you on shipping it back.
  • Reply 64 of 88
    billhbillh Posts: 19member
    FedEx just delivered mine.
  • Reply 65 of 88
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    It's so fast! Wow - just putting on my stuff.
  • Reply 66 of 88
    I managed to pick up a copy this evening, from PC World of all places!!! It's all installed and appears to be working OK. Of course, I wasn't paying attention, and ended up doing the default upgrade, rather than archive & install . So does anyone know if I could just run the installer again, and select archive & install this time?
  • Reply 67 of 88
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    WOHOO GOT IT and after I finish this project - it is upgrade time!!!

W00t
  • Reply 68 of 88
    Mail problems as well - BACKUP!
  • Reply 69 of 88
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    All of you folks with a Radeon 9600 or better, or nVidia 5200 go or better, don't forget to turn on Quartz 2-D Extreme. The following is copied from John Siracusa's fantastic Tiger review on Ars Technica:

Right click this link to download, unzip and run the Quartz Debug application at

http://www.johnnylundy.com/Quartz%20Debug.zip

Choose "Enable Quartz 2-D Extreme" from the menu and leave Quartz Debug open. RE-LAUNCH all apps that you want to take advantage of it.

I will put this post in a sticky at the top of Mac OS.
  • Reply 70 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by lundy

Choose "Enable Quartz 2-D Extreme" from the menu and leave Quartz Debug open. RE-LAUNCH all apps that you want to take advantage of it.

So I need to have this running whenever I want Quartz 2D Extreme? That's a pain .
  • Reply 71 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by digitaldave

So I need to have this running whenever I want Quartz 2D Extreme? That's a pain .

I don't think it's been perfected yet so Apple have it turned off - they'll probably enable it later on.
  • Reply 72 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by digitaldave

...anyone know if I could just run the installer again, and select archive & install this time?

Don't worry, I re-raan as an archive & install over the original upgrade install, all seems to be working fine .
  • Reply 73 of 88
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Western Australia, failed to receive the OS as promised by apple.au
  • Reply 74 of 88
    slickslick Posts: 34member
    well, mine shipped, thats the good part.

it shipped via USPS, is that really the "bestway"? i would have paid more for shipment through UPS or FedEX.

no tracking number provided, but again, i guess i shouldnt expect much for $9.95.
  • Reply 75 of 88
    Well any questions i'll be pleased to answer as a Tiger user. Apple have added backgrounds to this OS - more nature and plants, new screensavers and lots of other niceties.
  • Reply 76 of 88
    pmjoepmjoe Posts: 565member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pmjoe

Yeah, me too. When I first bought it (the day it was announced), the Apple site said something about being delivered on the 28th (early, which I thought was strange), then later it said shipped by the 28th (which I thought was fine for overnight shipping). Now it is shipped, but FedEx says delivery on the 2nd. Tracking has it in a town a few hours away, so who knows, but if I don't get it sometime today, I am going to be rather disappointed. I just got a notification from the university that the computer store on campus will have special hours tonight, and I could've just gotten the software there.

Well that blows. Ordered the day of the announcement and no Tiger. Thanks a bunch Apple. Now they keep e-mailing me links to watch the seminar. It'll probably be at the FedEx office tomorrow and I could pick it up there, but I'm rather disappointed that Apple failed to deliver.
  • Reply 77 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by pmjoe

Well that blows. Ordered the day of the announcement and no Tiger. Thanks a bunch Apple. Now they keep e-mailing me links to watch the seminar. It'll probably be at the FedEx office tomorrow and I could pick it up there, but I'm rather disappointed that Apple failed to deliver.

And the seminar requires Tiger so you can't even watch while you wait! My local delivery man only delivered my copy because I phoned up TNT and asked them if they were coming. The last Friday of the month is always busy - and it doesn't help that it's a bank holiday weekend (in the Uk anyway).
  • Reply 78 of 88
    defjefdefjef Posts: 62member
    Wow! So I won't be receiving Tiger this weekend. I can probably expect it on Monday, May 2nd. I did however call earlier this evening around 6pm Eastern and ask customer support whether I would be receiving Tiger today and the woman I spoke with said that, yes, if I had not received a phone call or email from Apple that I could still expect tiger to arrive today.

After 9pm I called again. I think I spoke to the same person though she didn't go out of her way to recognize me. I told her that I had ordered Tiger on the 12th of April and I then asked when I could expect to receive it. She apologized and informed me that I wouldn't be getting it on the 29th (this much I already knew). She then without any other provocation offered to give me iLife or iWork for free. I was floored considering that I'm getting Tiger with student discount (I am actually a student too). I requested iWork since my current computer can't really take advantage of most of the stuff in iLife 05 and because I'll probably be getting a Powerbook later this summer. She gave me an order number, told me that I could expect iWork on the 4th, I thanked her a lot and that was that.

I feel kind of guilty for getting an $80 ($50 EDU) item just for wanting a little more information about why Apple screwed up. Yeah, I also wanted them to throw one more complaint on the heap so that they might be more thoughtful about shipping on time but I certainly didn't expect iWork or iLife.

The guilt lessens as I look at pictures of people getting powerbooks at the official store releases.

I guess Apple will get a glowing bizrate survey afterall.

p.s. I forgot to mention that the Quicktime 7 update killed quicktime for me in 10.3.9
  • Reply 79 of 88
    zenatekzenatek Posts: 203member
    I had mine not show up either! I am totally pissed.
  • Reply 80 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by zenatek

I had mine not show up either! I am totally pissed.

Yep, it's 10:53pm central time and I am pretty pissed. I could have gone to a local store but decided to avoid it and have it delivered on the 29th. I leave for 2 weeks on Monday at 6am!!!! Arrgh!