Tiger Shipment

Comments

• Reply 21 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by digitaldave

That sounds a little worrying... Could you give some more info on what the problem was (and what you did to correct it)?

Chose to do an Archive & Install. When I started Mail after installing, all my mails were gone, and the program crashed. So I deleted the Mail-folder in my Library, started the program again and then manually imported my mails from the backup. Now it works just like it should.
  • Reply 22 of 88
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Patrik_L

Chose to do an Archive & Install. When I started Mail after installing, all my mails were gone, and the program crashed. So I deleted the Mail-folder in my Library, started the program again and then manually imported my mails from the backup. Now it works just like it should.

apart from mail which I heard had problems (hence the question) is everything else working ok? Is it faster on your computer - what do you have?
  • Reply 23 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

apart from mail which I heard had problems (hence the question) is everything else working ok? Is it faster on your computer - what do you have?

Have an iMac G4 17" 1GHz and it's quicker when resizing windows, scrolling etc. Other than that, I can't really see any large improvement.

Everything is working just like it should, so far.
  • Reply 24 of 88
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

Indexing took 30-40 minutes, when I connected my iPod it started indexing that, took 20 minutes.

It works like a charm, a little problems with Mail (thank god for backup...) and I needed to re-install X11.

Safari's automatic update of RSS-streams doesn't seem to work though...

Is it just me...or does it seem like this is a potential loop whole in terms of getting your music off your iPod?
  • Reply 25 of 88
    ulmoulmo Posts: 21member
    I got mine (Tiger Family Pack) this morning (Thursday), I'm in Liverpool, England.

I took the disk and my two powerbooks to work and installed it on them (Told them it was for development purposes ;-)

I did an upgrade on my 17" Powerbook, took around 30 minutes, everything worked perfectly, including mail. Indexing took around 30 minutes.

I did a clean install on my 12" 1Ghz Powerbook, took about 15 minutes, and everything SEEMED to work. When I took it back home it refused to work with my wireless router. It connects, obtains an IP address and then crashes the router. Even after I disconnect it, the router will not work until it is rebooted. It is a BT Voyager 2100 (So beware!! If you have one).

Weirdly enough, the 17" Powerbook which is the newest model connects and works brilliantly. Can't work out why the 12" would crash it.

The 3D Effects and ripple effect in Dashboard work on both machines. The 12" Powerbook has an NVidia card with only 32MB of RAM. I also tried the demos with XCode 2 and the toybox utility that Jobs used in a keynote looks sweet.

Another thing that I think is cool is the new RSS screensaver, it looks at your bookmarked sites and creates a really cool animation using news feeds. Everyone has been drooling over it in work. (They all use Windows!!)
  • Reply 26 of 88
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Just arrived via Fed-Ex.

Shipped from Tennessee yesterday and said 2 day shipping but made it to Houston early this morning and got on the truck.

I am at work now so I can't play with it yet. Box is nice though.
  • Reply 27 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by ulmo

I got mine (Tiger Family Pack) this morning (Thursday), I'm in Liverpool, England.

I took the disk and my two powerbooks to work and installed it on them (Told them it was for development purposes ;-)

I did an upgrade on my 17" Powerbook, took around 30 minutes, everything worked perfectly, including mail. Indexing took around 30 minutes.

I did a clean install on my 12" 1Ghz Powerbook, took about 15 minutes, and everything SEEMED to work. When I took it back home it refused to work with my wireless router. It connects, obtains an IP address and then crashes the router. Even after I disconnect it, the router will not work until it is rebooted. It is a BT Voyager 2100 (So beware!! If you have one).

Weirdly enough, the 17" Powerbook which is the newest model connects and works brilliantly. Can't work out why the 12" would crash it.

The 3D Effects and ripple effect in Dashboard work on both machines. The 12" Powerbook has an NVidia card with only 32MB of RAM. I also tried the demos with XCode 2 and the toybox utility that Jobs used in a keynote looks sweet.

Another thing that I think is cool is the new RSS screensaver, it looks at your bookmarked sites and creates a really cool animation using news feeds. Everyone has been drooling over it in work. (They all use Windows!!)

cool, when did yours ship - Wed? Mine shipped yesterday so it should arrive moro - I'm doing a clean install on mine and a upgrade on my sisters. Looking forward to that RSS screensaver.
  • Reply 28 of 88
    Mine shipped Tuesday, wasn't expecting it till tomorrow morning. I've just found some new dashboard widgets to play with on the net. There's a gmail reader, wikipedia box a British yellow pages and the best of all is a video player that pauses when you exit and resumes when you hit F12, great when in work.

Still discovering lots of new things hidden away.

Oh yeh, and its faster!! especially Safari, which can now open gmail correctly
  • Reply 29 of 88
    Quote:

Same thing happened to me, but only with one of my mail accounts. I had to manually re-import the mailbox from a backup, and all is well now.

Incidentally, AirPort reception seems to be much improved on my 12" PowerBook. I was only getting 2-3 bars up till now upstairs in my house, now I'm getting the full 4.
  • Reply 30 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by Phutyle

Same thing happened to me, but only with one of my mail accounts. I had to manually re-import the mailbox from a backup, and all is well now.

Incidentally, AirPort reception seems to be much improved on my 12" PowerBook. I was only getting 2-3 bars up till now upstairs in my house, now I'm getting the full 4.

Yeh, I get four bars now on both Powerbooks, except as I said above, the 12" Powerbook crashes my router
  • Reply 31 of 88
    Quote:

...I've just found some new dashboard widgets to play with on the net. There's a gmail reader, wikipedia box a British yellow pages and the best of all is a video player that pauses when you exit and resumes when you hit F12, great when in work...

Linkage please? .
  • Reply 32 of 88
    Quote:

Linkage please? .

I did a search on Google for Dashboard Widgets, if you are unable to find them then let me know and I will stick them on an ftp site for you
  • Reply 33 of 88
    Quote:

I did a search on Google for Dashboard Widgets, if you are unable to find them then let me know and I will stick them on an ftp site for you

I found one at dashboardwidgets.com, is that the one? If not, I'm afraid you'll have to help me out .

Thanks .
  • Reply 34 of 88
    Quote:

I found one at dashboardwidgets.com, is that the one? If not, I'm afraid you'll have to help me out .

Thanks .

I don't think I am allowed to post links on this site, so I've sent an e-mail to your .mac account using your homepage. Hope it helps
  • Reply 35 of 88
    Thanks .
  • Reply 36 of 88
    Well 5:00pm here on the east coast and my copy of Tiger has not been shipped yet........hmmmmmmm. I really wish it was on its way.
  • Reply 37 of 88
    ragexragex Posts: 126member
    Same here. STILL on preparing shipment. It's crazy, ordered on the day of announcement, come on Apple.
  • Reply 38 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by RageX

Same here. STILL on preparing shipment. It's crazy, ordered on the day of announcement, come on Apple.

mine's sitting down the road from me in the sorting office - it's shipping next day delivery so fingers crossed for 10:30 moro!
  • Reply 39 of 88
    Quote:

I'm in south western CT....your in NYC....must be a NY metro area thing??
  • Reply 40 of 88
    I got an email this morning saying tiger has shipped at 11pm last nite. was here this morning at 10am. I had 2 day shipping, but it only took 11 hours.

Tiger is nice.....