The "WWDC Speculation" Thread

1356715

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 294
    alexluftalexluft Posts: 159member
    SJ will not announce his retirement...especially now...when thing have never looked better for Apple out of the Cupertino HQ's windows...Mac sales are tremendously up, iPods, great hardware/software, brand recognition and what ever else (a couple of other) things (I hope and pray) SJ and the rest of Apple have up their sleeves. There is no way in a million that SJ would retire now
  • Reply 42 of 294
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    Months ago, an Apple executive discussed WWDC and said its focus would be technology. I couldn't find anything like this on the WWDC web pages and I don't want to dig through archives, but nothing very specific was mentioned. Technology could mean a lot of things, but certainly HD and 970MP come to mind.
  • Reply 43 of 294
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by TednDi

    apple stock takes its biggest one day loss!



    Panic ensues.




    Throws the whole market into a panic, then chaos ensues thorough the entire market. The future looks back on it as black (fill in the blank)-day.
  • Reply 44 of 294
    hugihugi Posts: 33member
    HyperCard 4.
  • Reply 45 of 294
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    The AirPort Express Base Station might be ready for an update. Maybe now you can connect a USB hub to it and mulitple printers to the hub so people with more than one printer do not have to keep switching cables to use a different printer. While they're at it make it so a scanner can be used with it.



    There could also be a second model that has an ethernet connection, no USB, but does have a RCA and/or S-Video connetion for streaming video. I am sure the H.264 codec is needed to make this a reality.
  • Reply 46 of 294
    fieldorfieldor Posts: 213member
    Dual core xservers anyone?
  • Reply 47 of 294
    hdcoolhdcool Posts: 48member
    I really hope a nice desigend homethingy like mediacenter.

    not as goofy kindergarden blue... .

    They have the knowledge and talent :-)

    would be great...
  • Reply 48 of 294
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by troberts

    The AirPort Express Base Station might be ready for an update. Maybe now you can connect a USB hub to it and mulitple printers to the hub so people with more than one printer do not have to keep switching cables to use a different printer. While they're at it make it so a scanner can be used with it.



    There could also be a second model that has an ethernet connection, no USB, but does have a RCA and/or S-Video connetion for streaming video. I am sure the H.264 codec is needed to make this a reality.




    I just want an Airport base station that has a broadband modem in it, thus saving me from having to buy a wireless broadband receiver AND an Aiport express base station so I can listen to tunes and surf.
  • Reply 49 of 294
    nathan22tnathan22t Posts: 317member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Hugi

    HyperCard 4.



    heh
  • Reply 50 of 294
    Quote:

    Originally posted by TednDi

    apple stock takes its biggest one day loss!



    Panic ensues.




    Plate glass window companies go into 24 hour call mode around stock firm high rises everywhere....
  • Reply 51 of 294
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

    Plate glass window companies go into 24 hour call mode around stock firm high rises everywhere....



    Hailstorms

    Volcanos

    Floods

    Bill Gates begins his 1000 year reign as the anti-christ



  • Reply 52 of 294
    storerstorer Posts: 12member
    I say either:



    Updated PowerBooks



    or



    Updated iBooks.



    I hope for the latter!
  • Reply 53 of 294
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by storer

    I say either:



    Updated PowerBooks



    or



    Updated iBooks.



    I hope for the latter!




    I freaking laugh if they updated the iBook at a developer conference.
  • Reply 54 of 294
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,151member
    Yeah, iBooks at WWDC would be lame lame lame.



    Unless, of course, PowerBooks were updated too - as some sort of year of the notebook mania part 2
  • Reply 55 of 294
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 657member
    I'd be willing to bet as far as HW is concerned, previews of new PB's iBooks. I'd really be surprised if apple doesn't at least give notice that they do have a dual core machine in the works, and to have faith that it will appear, since the other companies have already released theirs. Then again, with this last minor speed bump, I kinda doubt it. I bet some sort of iPod / portable do-hickey will be shown. Some new software will prob be shown, tiger will be mentioned some as well.
  • Reply 56 of 294
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by hypoluxa

    I'd really be surprised if apple doesn't at least give notice that they do have a dual core machine in the works...



    With that brief statement their Power Mac sales will plummet, hurting an already over-stocked line. If they have something in the works, they won't mention it unless they are in dire need akin to their iMac G4 no longer available deal last year.



    I hope to see some hardware, something tangible. But if nothing is announced, I have no problems. Already going to have problems paying off this Sharp Aquos and a Canon Rebel XT down the line.
  • Reply 57 of 294
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Jobs announces new Powerbook:



    1.8 GHz G4

    17" 1440 x 900

    Superdrive, 8x, dual layer.

    ATI Mobility Radeon 9750

    100 GB 5400 rpm HD



    For Powerbooks, Jobs promises "2 GHz in one year!"



    iBooks also get bumped:



    1.42 GHz G4, 166 MHz FSB

    14.1"

    ATI Mobility Radeon 9250 64 MB

    60 GB 4200 rpm HD

    Superdrive, 8x
  • Reply 58 of 294
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 657member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by IonYz

    With that brief statement their Power Mac sales will plummet, hurting an already over-stocked line. I



    Yea, that is a good point. well that ends my speculations.
  • Reply 59 of 294
    kentokento Posts: 13member
    Could WWDC 05 be the place for Steve Jobs to talk about the distant future of Mac OS? i.e. Mac OS 10.5 etc
  • Reply 60 of 294
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by kento

    Could WWDC 05 be the place for Steve Jobs to talk about the distant future of Mac OS? i.e. Mac OS 10.5 etc



    I doubt it. Tiger is in it's infancy. It hasn't even had an update to 10.4.1 yet has it?
Sign In or Register to comment.