amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kcmac

And it never will.

Yes it will. July 17th is the ETA, if I'm not mistaken
  • Reply 42 of 94
    qchemqchem Posts: 73member
    Updated and most things seem fine, except:

GIMP (the gimp.app package) hangs as it tries to draw the splashscreen.

emacs (the version linked to from the OS X dowloads page) crashes on start up.

Anyone else noticing these?

[EDIT]Update: There's an updated version of emacs that runs on 10.4.1 - get it here
  • Reply 43 of 94
    squozensquozen Posts: 66member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ichiban_jay

quicktime go down... quicktime no go up

I click the minimize (orange) button on the window and the quicktime movie genies down into the dock, I go to the dock and click on the quicktime movie and it won't come up... I end up having to quit quicktime.

If you have two Help menus in Quicktime when you launch it, that's the DiVX plugin screwing up. The devs are aware of it, no ETA for a fix AFAIK.

Removing the DiVX component fixes the problem. Use VLC until they update it for Tiger.
  • Reply 44 of 94
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Squozen

If you have two Help menus in Quicktime when you launch it, that's the DiVX plugin screwing up. The devs are aware of it, no ETA for a fix AFAIK.

Removing the DiVX component fixes the problem. Use VLC until they update it for Tiger.

I have two Help menus in Pages!
  • Reply 45 of 94
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

I have two Help menus in Pages!

Yep that's the Microsoft Word plug in you have installed. Microsoft are aware of this, but are never going to address the problem.
  • Reply 46 of 94
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattyj

Yep that's the Microsoft Word plug in you have installed. Microsoft are aware of this, but are never going to address the problem.

I have two help in QuickTime too! OK well good to know! This reminds me of OS 9...
  • Reply 47 of 94
    supertedsuperted Posts: 41member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Qchem

Updated and most things seem fine, except:

GIMP (the gimp.app package) hangs as it tries to draw the splashscreen.

emacs (the version linked to from the OS X dowloads page) crashes on start up.

Anyone else noticing these?

[EDIT]Update: There's an updated version of emacs that runs on 10.4.1 - get it here

Yup, same trouble with GIMP here as well, tried a clean install of the app but to no avail.
  • Reply 48 of 94
    qchemqchem Posts: 73member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superted

Yup, same trouble with GIMP here as well, tried a clean install of the app but to no avail.

I've found that if I actually leave it long enough it'll load (somewhere around a minute for me on a 1.8GHz iMac), after this initial delay subsequent launching of GIMP is back to normal, even after a reboot.

Just wondering if this is the case with you too?
  • Reply 49 of 94
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorya

Yes it will. July 17th is the ETA, if I'm not mistaken

Didn't I hear that that's only a test date and they'll disable it again at the end of the day?
  • Reply 50 of 94
    kwsanderskwsanders Posts: 327member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

Yes, QE2D was disabled in 10.4.0. It is reenabled by the ATI and NVIDIA driver update for most cards that support Core Image as of 10.4.1, according to ARS.

How do you determined if Quartz Extreme 2D is active after doing the 10.4.1 update?
  • Reply 51 of 94
    sladuuchsladuuch Posts: 67member
    I don't think you can immediately tell. I've got a Q2DE-capable card and it was off by default, so I turned it on using the plist editor.
  • Reply 52 of 94
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kwsanders

How do you determined if Quartz Extreme 2D is active after doing the 10.4.1 update?

There's a Quartz Debug app in the Developer tools, or you could run this
  • Reply 53 of 94
    STILL no iSync compatibility with my bluetooth Motorola V710. Ugh! They make it compatible with two other Moto bluetooth phones but not mine!
  • Reply 54 of 94
    horned_froghorned_frog Posts: 577member
    Still have to reconnect to the internet after waking from sleep.
  • Reply 55 of 94
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tomster1300

STILL no iSync compatibility with my bluetooth Motorola V710. Ugh! They make it compatible with two other Moto bluetooth phones but not mine!

Most likely your phone will never have iSync compatibility. It doesn't possess the necessary obex profile needed for file exchanging etc..Your only hope is a third party hack, or less likely Verizon issuing a firmware update for the phone. Chances for the latter are slim to none.

ETA-This is all in relation to using iSync over bluetooth. USB syncing should be okay.
  • Reply 56 of 94
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Horned_Frog

AirPort Extreme on my G5 tower exhibits this problem... and this was after I removed AirPort passwords from my keychain and resaved them.

The other machines with plain AirPort cards connect fine though.

I just switched my encryption method from WEP to WPA Personal and after reauthenticating all my gear, the problem remains.
  • Reply 57 of 94
    eekles77eekles77 Posts: 58member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Horned_Frog

I had that problem as well and found that if you go into the Network system preference and then set your location to Automatic it will connect. I am using a wireless network.
  • Reply 58 of 94
    Quote:

Originally posted by Qchem

I've found that if I actually leave it long enough it'll load (somewhere around a minute for me on a 1.8GHz iMac), after this initial delay subsequent launching of GIMP is back to normal, even after a reboot.

Just wondering if this is the case with you too?

Ahhhh......

Much better, thanks for the tip.
  • Reply 59 of 94
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Anyone's Safaria still hesitating when surfing the web? When I click a link, sometimes it takes 5 or more secods to start loading a page.

I am on my panther install now and Safaria is working like a champ on my external FW drive. Tiger really slowed Safaria down for me.

My iBook with 10.4.1 works great but my iMac 10.4.1 Safaria sucks.
  • Reply 60 of 94
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

Anyone's Safaria still hesitating when surfing the web? When I click a link, sometimes it takes 5 or more secods to start loading a page.

I am on my panther install now and Safaria is working like a champ on my external FW drive. Tiger really slowed Safaria down for me.

My iBook with 10.4.1 works great but my iMac 10.4.1 Safaria sucks.

Um, you mean "Safari?" Nope, mine works fine.