Surefire Indicator That Apple Will Soon Release New Hardware

Comments

• Reply 141 of 187
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Now, the Mac Pro please.
  • Reply 142 of 187
    very interesting thread... im glad it was allowed time to "prove" the theroy and not locked.

but one question remains... could someone who knows, PLEASE explain to me who or what this rolo thing is... you know, so i can join the "inner sanctum"

thanks

Rod
  • Reply 143 of 187
    dutch peardutch pear Posts: 588member
    Rolo is a guy that is all in the know on apple's flatscreen tv/computer combo. He heard all about that in some sandwich bar but never really was able to produce some genuine elevator pictures of the actual product as proof.

Subsequently he was given a quite thorough AI-style public spanking which I believe hurt pretty hard...
  • Reply 144 of 187
    ah!! thanks for the info {now i must learn the secret handshake }
  • Reply 145 of 187
    philbotphilbot Posts: 240member
    And "elevator pictures' are my speciality...

• Reply 146 of 187
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    From Mac Daily News:

Quote:

Apple?s release of Mac OS X 10.4.7 imminent (with release notes)

Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 08:44 AM EDT

A little birdie has told us that Mac O SX 10.4.7 is coming very soon now:

The 10.4.7 Update is recommended for all users and includes general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes for the following applications and technologies. It includes fixes for:

- preventing AFP deadlocks and dropped connections

- saving Adobe and Quark documents to AFP mounted volumes

- Bluetooth file transfers, pairing and connecting to a Bluetooth mouse, and syncing to mobile phones

- audio playback in QuickTime, iTunes, Final Cut Pro, and Soundtrack applications

- ensuring icons are spaced correctly when viewed on desktop

- determining the space required to burn folders

- iChat audio and video connectivity, creating chat rooms when using AIM

- importing files into Keynote 3

- PDF workflows when using iCal and iPhoto

- reliable use of Automator actions within workflows

- importing and removing fonts in Font Book

- syncing addresses, bookmarks, calendar events and files to .Mac

- compatibility with third party applications and devices

- previous standalone security updates

We'll have more info when it becomes available...

Interesting...
  • Reply 147 of 187
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I AM IN LIMBO!!!!!
  • Reply 148 of 187
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    If Mac Pros are released today...rongold wins and his software-release theory should become the one true way of determining hardware releases.
  • Reply 149 of 187
    Well... After Apple finds out that someone has found out the way that they introduce products (If he is right ofc). Then they will change the way they introduce products just because they are Apple
  • Reply 150 of 187
    Big update out the gate today ? 10.4.7.

(And a firmware update for 17-inch MacBook Pros)

Edit: I do have to add that I don't think there will be any new hardware next week as the 4th of July holiday falls on a Tuesday.
  • Reply 151 of 187
    Today's updates:

Quicktime 7.1.2

Motion 2.1.2
  • Reply 152 of 187
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

Edit: I do have to add that I don't think there will be any new hardware next week as the 4th of July holiday falls on a Tuesday.

Yes, that is true. Next Tuesday is a holiday, BUT it is also the start of the NECC conference. That would be quite appropriate for Apple to release a new educational type eMac (if they decide to continue this marketing strategy).

Edit: Oh, they also just started offering the eMac Repair Extension Program in addition to all the firmware and software updates which, if you recall my theory, also acts to assure customers and to make sure everyone is happy so they can go on introducing new hardware without leaving purchasers of recent hardware out in the cold.

• Reply 153 of 187
    iTunes 6.0.5 is now out.
  • Reply 154 of 187
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    RRRRRRRrRrrrrrRrrrRRRRRrrrrrrrrMacProPLEASE
  • Reply 155 of 187
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

iTunes 6.0.5 is now out.

And iPod firmware updates and .Mac website updates.
  • Reply 156 of 187
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Something will be updated sooner than later. Right now Apple.com has some splash about how many shows are on iTunes. Apple never leaves "minor" stuff like this on the site for more than a couple of weeks.
  • Reply 157 of 187
    I don't think this counts (in my book) but Target is now selling new Pink iPod with Video and iPod Nanos. I'm actually considering getting one.
  • Reply 158 of 187
    Quote:

Originally posted by rongold

Next Tuesday is a holiday, BUT it is also the start of the NECC conference. That would be quite appropriate for Apple to release a new educational type eMac (if they decide to continue this marketing strategy).

Edit: Oh, they also just started offering the eMac Repair Extension Program in addition to all the firmware and software updates which, if you recall my theory, also acts to assure customers and to make sure everyone is happy so they can go on introducing new hardware without leaving purchasers of recent hardware out in the cold.

And so it goes.

Apple releases a new educational eMac.
  • Reply 159 of 187
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rongold

And so it goes.

Apple releases a new educational eMac.

With all due respect, rongold, your reasoning is flawed. The big updates happened 2 weeks ago...and no hardware was released last week.

If you're going to allow more than a week between software and hardware updates, then for sure your theory will be correct every single time because there's no doubt in anyone's mind that hardware releases will follow software releases at some point in time. Whether it be 1 week or 8 weeks, it'll happen. But if the hardware isn't released a week after the big software update, you can't claim it's an indication of an imminent hardware update.

Had the eMac been released next week...you'd have come here and posted the exact same thing...but it doesn't mean shit.

I had high hopes for that theory of yours but I don't think it's it. I was expecting a hardware release last week after the huge software update 2 weeks ago...and it didn't happen.
  • Reply 160 of 187
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Moreover, most of the software updates from late June were completely unrelated. Pro software relating to the lowest-end iMac? Give me a break.