Surefire Indicator That Apple Will Soon Release New Hardware

Comments

• Reply 161 of 187
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    So much for the eMac: they quietly announced a low-end iMac today to fill that place in the lineup.
  • Reply 162 of 187
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Perhaps you should READ my theory. 2 weeks of heavy updates and etc. followed by a hardware release within 10 days.

And with all due respect kim kap sol (and I don't say that lightly) this has nothing to do with reasoning, in actuality it is just an observation.

PS: How could you expect hardware last week when they were continually releasing software updates throughout the week?

(Quicktime 7.1.2, Motion 2.1.2, iTunes 6.0.5, .Mac website updates, iPod Updater 2006-06-28, etc.)
  • Reply 163 of 187
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Had the eMac been released next week...you'd have come here and posted the exact same thing...but it doesn't mean shit.

But the eMac wasn't released next week, it was released this week...
  • Reply 164 of 187
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rongold

I must have missed it, could you provide a link to this new eMac?
  • Reply 165 of 187
    Quote:

Originally posted by rickag

I must have missed it, could you provide a link to this new eMac?

The only links available are for those belonging to an educational institution of some sort. You can find a little more information here though:

http://www.apple.com/education/necc/
  • Reply 166 of 187
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Exactly...2 weeks after the big software update. Had it been released next week...3 weeks after the big software update, you'd have claimed the same thing: what I consider nothing. Big software updates do not indicate an imminent hardware update.
  • Reply 167 of 187
    Quote:

Exactly...2 weeks after the big software update. Had it been released next week...3 weeks after the big software update, you'd have claimed the same thing: what I consider nothing.

Come on Kim Kap Sol... it was 5 days, not 2 weeks.

Quote:

Big software updates do not indicate an imminent hardware update.

Big software updates DO indicate an imminent hardware update. It has been that way for the past 3-4 years or more.

The only exception I have seen on 2 occasions is the big huge event of Macworld and that was a given that we would see new hardware then anyway (plus the software apps that Apple had back then were very low in number anyway).
  • Reply 168 of 187
    Quote:

Come on Kim Kap Sol... it was 5 days, not 2 weeks.

Big software updates DO indicate an imminent hardware update. It has been that way for the past 3-4 years or more.

The only exception I have seen on 2 occasions is the big huge event of Macworld and that was a given that we would see new hardware then anyway (plus the software apps that Apple had back then were very low in number anyway).

There's hardware and software updates released almost every month. Of course 2 weeks of software updates + 10 days will yield brand new hardware. It would be madness if none of the Apple hardware got a refresh or if none of the Apple software got a refresh within the span of a month.
  • Reply 169 of 187
    Quote:

It would be madness if none of the Apple hardware got a refresh or if none of the Apple software got a refresh within the span of a month.

Oh, kinda like the 6 week dry spell spanning May and June...

• Reply 170 of 187
    Quote:

Oh, kinda like the 6 week dry spell spanning May and June...

Dry spell? What about the U2 iPod in June? You're not winking anymore are ya.

There's generally hardware coming out of Apple every month...when there isn't, there's something very wrong. Your "2 weeks of software updates + 10 days leeway = hardware update" adds up to close to a month...of course your theory will be right, especially if you count the small updates.

If you're going to count the slightly modified iMac as an update...the U2 iPod is also an update.
  • Reply 171 of 187
    Quote:

Dry spell? What about the U2 iPod in June? You're not winking anymore are ya.

...which was preceded by an onslaught of updates. Sorry I didn't list that one but if you go back and check, you will see that there were at least 4 different software updates throughout that week there that preceded this iPod update - which is all the more of a testament to my theory considering the record number of updates release leading up to a new hardware release just a week or 2 previous to this. I didn't post that small update/release because I thought it was inconsequential, but I appreciate you upholding my theory.

Look, I'm not trying to be a trouble maker here, but if you think every month provides new hardware, why don't you look at the 8 weeks from all 31 days of March and the first weeks of April. You won't find any new hardware releases there. I could go further back but somehow I don't think it will matter.

At this point I just want to let you and anyone else know that I still hold true to my statement. You, obviously don't think there is anything to it. That is fine. Let it be noted. End of argument.

Now...I can't wait for these new PowerMacs coming up at WWDC. These should be killer. What do think?
  • Reply 172 of 187
    It must be that time again.

So far this week we have seen:

Boot Camp 1.1

MacBook SMC Firmware Update (Universal)

Logic Pro Update 7.2.2 (Universal)

Logic Express Update 7.2.2 (Universal)

Xsan Filesystem 1.4 for Mac OS X 10.4

Xsan Admin 1.4 Update

Xsan 1.4 Uninstaller

MacBook SMC Firmware Update

And then Apple also released their report on the iPod manufacturing investigations. Needless to say, it was an encouraging and glowing report placing them in a good light.
  • Reply 173 of 187
    So based on your method we should all be holding this Tuesday with high regard... only two weeks post WWDC?
  • Reply 174 of 187
    Hopefully we can hold every Tuesday in high regard! Don't know if the bank account could take it, though. Rongold has a very interesting theory here... let's see if it works... again.
  • Reply 175 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdcfsu

So based on your method we should all be holding this Tuesday with high regard... only two weeks post WWDC?

No, the following Tuesday (August 29th)... based on my method... assuming its a Tuesday. Could be a Wednesday or a Thursday, or maybe a Monday. Who knows?
  • Reply 176 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rongold

No, the following Tuesday (August 29th)... based on my method... assuming its a Tuesday. Could be a Wednesday or a Thursday. Who knows?

Oh, sorry, I misread your initial post. The 29th would make sense. Here's to hoping you're right!
  • Reply 177 of 187
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Holly crap! This is like the 5th time. The next one of you clowns that digs this thread out of the nether regions is in for some serious punishment. You do realize this thread is now over a year old. 07-16-2005 is the date on the first post.

You guys are seriously sick in the head, or something.
  • Reply 178 of 187
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker

Holly crap! This is like the 5th time. The next one of you clowns that digs this thread out of the nether regions is in for some serious punishment. You do realize this thread is now over a year old. 07-16-2005 is the date on the first post.

Hey, some of us happen to find this thread (at least mildly) interesting!
  • Reply 179 of 187
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker

Seeing as how it's concerned with tracking trends over time, it makes sense to dreg it up every once in a while.
  • Reply 180 of 187
    nah, betcha it'll be the 5th. Remember Remember, the Fifth of September... someone make up a witty second line to that.