Apple begins widespread testing of Mac OS X 10.4.3

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mikef

Yeah, it was a fresh install of 10.4.0.

I am getting duplicate display of IMAP messages in the folders. The one that is a deal breaker for me is that sometimes sent mail doesn't ever get sent (and no error indicating that it didn't send).

After using it successfully on 10.3.x, I can no longer trust it. I am currently using Thunderbird which works just fine.

okay, just throwin out an idea here,

fresh install 10.4.0, update to 10.4.2

then, create a new user account AFTER upgrading to 10.4.2

this will be your main user account, not the one you set up just after installing 10.4.0

then do the IMAP mail hookup...

just an idea.... if your mail is very important and thunderbird is going strong, no worries

• Reply 62 of 69
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    I'll just wait until Apple fixes the problem, thanks. There are reports on the same problem on the discussion boards at Apple.com so it's not just me.
  • Reply 63 of 69
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

Well, Panther was released on October 24 and 10.3.2 was released on December 18 - almost 2 months apart.

Tiger was released on April 29 and 10.4.2 was released on July 12 - two and a half months apart.

Tiger was released May 15, as I recall. 10.4.1 was released in mid June. You seem to have forgotten about what comes between .0 and .2.The first teo update fixes for Panther were few. The updates were several months apart, on average.
  • Reply 64 of 69
    Tiger was released at 6pm on April 29th.
  • Reply 65 of 69
    Quote:

Originally posted by mikef

Tiger was released at 6pm on April 29th.

I don't think it was available until May 15th. But even if it was, it doesn't change things. This is still by far, the buggiest release since 10.0.

I understand why it is. But that doesn't make it less so.
  • Reply 66 of 69
    It was available at 6pm. I bought it the next day at around noon.

There are bugs. Fortunately I'm been able to work around them. I am hoping that Apple is watching these discussion forums and keeping on top of the issues.
  • Reply 67 of 69
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

Tiger was released May 15, as I recall. 10.4.1 was released in mid June. You seem to have forgotten about what comes between .0 and .2.

As mentioned Tiger was released on April 29.

10.3.1 (though a small update) was released on November 10 - two weeks after 10.3.0, and 10.4.1 was released on May 16.

Quote:

The updates were several months apart, on average.

Yep - the later ones. We don't know how far between Apple will release updates for Tiger from now on.
  • Reply 68 of 69
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

I don't think it was available until May 15th.

You could buy it in stores from 6 pm (local time) world wide on April 29.
  • Reply 69 of 69
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

As mentioned Tiger was released on April 29.

10.3.1 (though a small update) was released on November 10 - two weeks after 10.3.0, and 10.4.1 was released on May 16.

Yep - the later ones. We don't know how far between Apple will release updates for Tiger from now on.

It was the update then. I remember something about it was out about May 15th. Now that I think about it, the .2 update was expected middle of June, but ended up being much larger than expected which was why it came out in July.