Apple "One More Thing" Event next week!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The news you need to know.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/10...vent/index.php

Apple to hold special event next week

By Jim Dalrymple [email protected]

Apple Computer will hold a special event in San Jose next week, the second such event in just over four weeks. The invitation sent out on Tuesday by Apple shows closed theater curtains with the words ?One more thing?? written on top. Those familiar with Apple CEO Steve Jobs? keynote speeches will instantly recognize the use of Jobs? ?One more thing? catchphrase, which is often used to indicate a blockbuster announcement. There was no indication on what would be announced at the event.

The event held in September saw the introduction of the iPod nano and the Motorola Rokr phone.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 290
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
  • Reply 2 of 290
    henriokhenriok Posts: 537member
    Perhaps if it was named "iPod theater". And.. that screen has an aspect ratio of 2:1.
  • Reply 3 of 290
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    I wonder when we are going to see the Powermac updates. hopefully dual-core.

I just can't take another ipod announcement.

I love the ipods, but I make my living using Apple's professional computer line up. I have never heard someone making money listening music. so I hope it's not an Ipod again.

Please SJ, it's about time for you to please the professional crowd.
  • Reply 4 of 290
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    It's hard to see him doing this just for another PowerMac or PowerBook update. Could they possibly have new Intel machines already? Naaaah. It's got to be iPod-related.
  • Reply 5 of 290
    blackcatblackcat Posts: 697member
    Over at MacCentral people have decided curtains means:

- duel core G5s

- Mac Minis

- new iMacs

- an acquisition

The mind boggles! Do people not get clues?!
  • Reply 6 of 290
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    I'm absolutely 100% positive it's a video announcement. Content forthcoming from Paramount, and Walt Disney as well as full length music videos from the itunes store. Support for h.264 eventually.
  • Reply 7 of 290
    farvefarve Posts: 69member
    Dare a say an entertainment tablet? It just sounds to freaking crasy, But an Video iPod com pretty damn close to beeing one.

Viktor
  • Reply 8 of 290
    Looks like I nailed that one ! 8)

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=57924
  • Reply 9 of 290
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    Quote:

Originally posted by inseader

Can you tell me what tomorrows lottery number are? Please!
  • Reply 10 of 290
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    TS sources say that it is Power Mac and Powerbook updates. Now, I cannot see anything else in such a special event than the so long rumored quad (dual 970mp-based) Power Mac.
  • Reply 11 of 290
    I wonder who wins? Reality or Optimism?
  • Reply 12 of 290
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    A lot of people are betting it's video related. If you look at a picture of the Apple invitation the picture is of Theater Curtains that are drawn closed. When you open curtains TA-DAAAA...
  • Reply 14 of 290
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

I wonder who wins? Reality or Optimism?

I think the winner is the guys at Apple reading this forum, which right now are rolling on the floor laughing so hard, that they risk to break their belly buttons.
  • Reply 15 of 290
    blackcatblackcat Posts: 697member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

A lot of people are betting it's video related. If you look at a picture of the Apple invitation the picture is of Theater Curtains that are drawn closed. When you open curtains TA-DAAAA...

Powerbook G5!

*runs*
  • Reply 16 of 290
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    I'm sorry but who spends $400 to watch a movie on a 2" x 1 1/2" screen that you need to hold a foot from your face for two hours? hahaha Watch Lord of the Rings on that less then 2" squared bad boy, hahaha. You'll be cramping up before the credits have faded into the opening scene, hahaha

Who releases and iPod video a month after they release the iPod nano? hahahaha

Anyways, if it isn't dual core, it's a Airport Express with video out. If it's not those two and it is with video, it's a 10" iBook.
  • Reply 17 of 290
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by inseader

You've nailed air as there hasn't been an announcement yet. I for one seriously doubt a video 2"x 2 1/2" video iPod weeks after a iPod nano is released.
  • Reply 18 of 290
    Quote:

Originally posted by Blackcat

Powerbook G5!

*runs*

Run as fast as you can, some eggs are hunting you .
  • Reply 19 of 290
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Is anybody actually going to buy movies for the PSP for a continued duration? Are sales of PSP movies even big enough to make this a lasting format? Is it just me or are these movies going to go away because of lack of a future in sales of the tiny movies? It's a ridiculous idea if you ask me. I wouldn't get one, and I am not planning on watching movies on a screen 2 inches squared anywhere. Not even if Apple makes one. I think I'd rather spend the extra coin and buy a iBook, or a PowerBook, and watch that on a Plane. iTab (tablet) would be great announcement. iHome media center would be even better. iTunes on demand straight from your living room. They could incorporate some of that AirTunes technology into an iHome, and have your stereo be a receiver.

One more thing. = It's probably a new product, but not a tiny video one, and/or some long awaited upgrades to existing product, or products.
  • Reply 20 of 290
    All hail the final Curtain Call for the PPC line....................... a vPod would be kewl too!