Apple "One More Thing" Event next week!

Comments

• Reply 201 of 290
    If there is a video iPod.... everyone thinks it will be for movies/videos... i can see i starting out small with video Podcasting. Think about it...diggnation has video podcasts... i'd download and watch it. I'd record stuff once aweek and have a VPodcast myself using my iSight... that would open everything up!
  • Reply 202 of 290
    Those curtains are telling me that this presentation might have something to do with Video Podcasts and iTunes Videos, but I wouldn't rule out something

for the home theater at all.

Podcasts are rapidly becoming mainstream and Video Podcasting gives nearly anyone the ability to create and broadcast anything they can think of on the web, so a new Video iPod at this event does seem to make sense.

That "one more thing" could be a new PowerBook sporting Apple's recently

patented internal video cam, but that would indeed be a major change in the chassis design.

Think Secret's prediction that the new PowerBook and PowerMac models

will both be using DDR2 RAM has me very curious.

Although most people are expecting an updated PPC release, a change

over to DDR2 RAM has me wondering if just maybe the new motherboards

will follow the X86 architecture earlier than expected.

I'm totally shooting in the dark here, but we might see both an Intel based PowerBook AND a dual core PPC based PowerMac .
  • Reply 203 of 290
    Quote:

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

Those curtains are telling me that this presentation might have something to do with Video Podcasts and iTunes Videos, but I wouldn't rule out something

for the home theater at all.

Podcasts are rapidly becoming mainstream and Video Podcasting gives nearly anyone the ability to create and broadcast anything they can think of on the web, so a new Video iPod at this event does seem to make sense.

http://www.jeremyhubert.com/os-x/ipo...2-apple-event/
  • Reply 204 of 290
    cj171cj171 Posts: 144member
    and now think secret agrees with video ipods
  • Reply 205 of 290
    coreycorey Posts: 165member
    iPod Video, VideoPodcasts, iTunes Music Videos, new Powerbook g5 low power, and new dual-core power mac's! OUCH!

• Reply 206 of 290
    Quote:

Originally posted by cj171

and now think secret agrees with video ipods

They've now, conveniently, covered all the bases.

"We were right!"

Just wait another 2 hours and you'll see them post the "Apple PVR + Projector" prediction.
  • Reply 207 of 290
    I have been reading crap for days, but the one thing that I missed...

What time is the shin-dig happening? CST of course.
  • Reply 208 of 290
    cj171cj171 Posts: 144member
    apparently 12PM CST from what i've gathered from other posts...that couldn't come soon enough to stop this crazy speculation
  • Reply 209 of 290
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnsonwax

I think I'll submit a patent for the floorPod. Take that iPod nano hanging from it's lanyard and project the picture down onto the tops of your shoes. Everybody can walk around staring at the floor.

Obese people and pregnant women need not apply.

Actually I think the obese and pregnant people would have an advantage -- the device wouldn't hang straight down, it would slope forward and project ahead of them. A bit of keystone correction and they could watch the projection quite comfortably, without having to look straight down.

• Reply 210 of 290
    Quote:

Originally posted by Programmer

Actually I think the obese and pregnant people would have an advantage -- the device wouldn't hang straight down, it would slope forward and project ahead of them. A bit of keystone correction and they could watch the projection quite comfortably, without having to look straight down.

You know, with the orientation sensors in the Powerbooks, you could have it autocorrect for the angle - even taking care of any side angle. With the headphone lanyard, you wouldn't even bother people around you with the sound.

Hmm. I thinking we may have crossed some kind of geek threshold here... engineering hypothetical products for marginal populations.
  • Reply 211 of 290
    Quote:

Originally posted by PookJP

I think you mean, "alternately interpreted."

It's going to be a video-enabled iPod.

No, that SA ad has been debunked. Which doesn't mean we won't see an iPod Video today.
  • Reply 212 of 290
    A video iPod could come as a regular iPod carrying like iPod or iPod video (to put the emphasis on this new fonctionality).

I see little chance for a specialized video iPod to be announced today. The current form factor with stay at least one year (until the XScale integration?) if not more. The recently introduced iPod nano that the iconic look and feel of the iPod is an important part of the brand recognition: you can instantly recognize an iPod but you cannot always recognized a MP3 from an other vendor as one of this vendor.

They could bring a lot of advantages with them:

- More CPU power: faster photo importing through the camera adapter (and on the fly convertion of imported photo in a format viewable on the iPod). This an area of improvement in current iPod.

- More games (they will benefit from more CPU)

- More photo handling

- Playing MP4 movies

And for the content:

- There are music videos, video podcast, tv shows, movie trailers, disney content? all through the iTunes Music Store

- Personal content: iMovie film or other. iTunes (with the help of QuickTime) could convert personal movie on the fly in MP4 (from other format like .mov or .wmv) and stored them on the iPod.

- Non DRM content could be export from an iPod to an another computer if it has iTunes install (this functionality can drive the adoption of iTunes among relatives of iPod owners).

- Film Importing? Plug a Firewire cable between a Firewire camcorder and the iPod to import a film (video on Firewire is standardized) (not likely but who knows )

- Plug an iSight on the iPod to record content? (not likely but who knows )
  • Reply 213 of 290
    Hey.. anybody work near an Apple store? Black plastic shrink wrapped palets arriving via fedex anyone? (come on.. we know you staked them out...)

NOTE: We must find a link.. find a link for coverage... link link link link hunt....
  • Reply 215 of 290
    Quote:

Originally posted by Patrik_L

From TUAW:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=51695078&size=o

Groan, already seen, already dismissed.
  • Reply 216 of 290
    programmerprogrammer Posts: 3,467member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnsonwax

You know, with the orientation sensors in the Powerbooks, you could have it autocorrect for the angle - even taking care of any side angle. With the headphone lanyard, you wouldn't even bother people around you with the sound.

Hmm. I thinking we may have crossed some kind of geek threshold here... engineering hypothetical products for marginal populations.

How marginal it is depends on where you live.

Have you seen those neck braces that are used for spinal/neck injury victims? I was thinking those might make a good mount for a projector screen for the vPod.
  • Reply 217 of 290
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0510oct12e.html

The Video-Playback-Capable iPod won't be taking center stage, it seems.

Think HD laptops are a big enough deal to handle the hype? Hmmm..

- Xidius
  • Reply 218 of 290
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Maybe it was the BBC this time.
  • Reply 219 of 290
    I don't think that a PowerBook with HD display and a incremental CPU upgrade could take a center stage today. A powerbook is not a consumer product and the HD screen is just a mean to let it not fall to far behind before the next generation (with Intel inside) arrive.

The show will certainly be focus on the iPod and iTunes/iTMS.

If there is an upgrade to the PowerBook line it will be a quiet upgrade until the Intel Powerbook... but that's for next year...
  • Reply 220 of 290
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Maybe the announcement will be that the G5 has finally hit 3Ghz? (2 years late?) =P

- Xidius