Apple releases Mac OS X 10.4.3

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 142
    kaiwaikaiwai Posts: 246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by eekles77

This is really weird. I seem to be the only one that was screwed with this update. I have a 1Ghz 12" iBook with 768MB of RAM. Tiger has always worked great for me with both the .1 and .2 updates. But now with this, it really doesn't work. System Preferences doesn't work, Spotlight doesn't work, iCal doesn't work, and there is a line of dead pixels right across the middle of the screen. It makes no sense why any of this happened and I have tried restarting multiple times. There are probably other programs that don't work too, I just havn't tried them all. When I try iCal and System Preferences, they just open and the close instantly with the little dialog box saying that the program unexpectedly quit and if I want to Reopen it or Close it or Report the problem. Spotlight doesn't find anything and is not reindexing either, it just doesn't work. Not only this, but other programs freeze constantly. For instance, no matter what browser I use (Camino, Firefox, Safari, Opera) I can't upload a file or the browser crashes. Anybody have any idea what the problem is?

Delete the whole damn lot; re-install a nice clean version of tiger; format the whole drive, install, then install the updates, fix permissions etc. THEN re-install all the software; you should experience smooth saling from there.
  • Reply 142 of 142
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    cool... with 10.4.3 finder reports the time left and amount left to copy more accurately now when you are copying say, user folders over to an external hard disk. it asks you to provide an admin password and then it properly "knows" to look at all the files in the user folders. previously, it would only "know" the size of your user folder even if you gave an admin password and were copying folders of other users over to the external hard disk... well, hope that made sense \