Apple's Disinformation

Comments

• Reply 21 of 82
    maniamania Posts: 104member
    no ban - let him speak! reminds me of the truth train. wrong but fun.
  • Reply 22 of 82
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Jesus Christ...
  • Reply 23 of 82
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kcmac

Can someone open Temporary Insanity, let Rolo sneak in and then close the door?

• Reply 24 of 82
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

Rolo, love your rumors. Right or wrong keep them coming. I am hoping for a subnotebook iBook and man, if that battery life is up there, I am ordering (preordering I am sure) one that day. Mark these words!

However, it isn't fact until Louzer chimes in... Someone on the board should summarize everything that dude says because it is law in my book.
  • Reply 25 of 82
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rolo

[snip]...I'll ban myself.

Please do. Then I can begin a rumor about how you were really spreading dis-information about dis-information and that in reality the construct of speculation was actually double reverse dis-information which was designed to invert the polarity of the disintermediating magnetic architectures.. but then when somebody actualy discovers that even *my* story about exposing dis-information about dis-information is in fact dis-information then I'll tell you that I know more.. but can't say, and by the way, you should just trust me, damnit. Por favor. Haganos un favor. Vayase pronto.
  • Reply 26 of 82
    I heard a rumor that Rolo has no sense of humor at all, and that he has taken his toys and gone home because the people on the playground weren't playing very nice. There are some pretty jucy details that I know and have confirmed, but I can't share them with you all. They will however be released very soon and you won't believe it and when you hear about it, you will all kiss my ring.

Seriously dude... if you're going to come in here and be all "Mr. Know-It-All" at least have a sense of humor about yourself.
  • Reply 27 of 82
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally posted by OBJRA10

...There are some pretty jucy details that I know and have confirmed, but I can't share them with you all. They will however be released very soon and you won't believe it and when you hear about it, you will all kiss my ring.

CONFIRMED!! Not bad! I was looking to replace my (borrowed) signature quote... after the Apple T(you know what)let is released.

V/R,

Aries 1B
  • Reply 28 of 82
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aries 1B

CONFIRMED!! Not bad! I was looking to replace my (borrowed) signature quote... after the Apple T(you know what)let is released.

V/R,

Aries 1B

Apple so needs tablets, and they would be able to 'do it right' where Gates & Co. could not...

MacPad mini - possibility of this being the iPod HiFi rumor circulating?

MacPad - iBook replacement 13" widescreen

MacPad Pro - 15" widescreen, w/17"BTO (for those heavy flow days...)

;^p
  • Reply 29 of 82
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

Jesus Christ...

Can you refrain please.
  • Reply 30 of 82
    macflymacfly Posts: 256member
    what is wrong with you people?! since when did rumor sites ban people for posting....RUMORS!!!

the fact is, people, rolo posted a rumor that he thought had some validity to it. its not his fault it turned out to be wrong. but by nature of what rumors are that was possible in the first place. stop being such babies when something we would like to be true turns out not to be. that is half the fun of these sites. i for one thought the discussion was useful and provocative. big F*(&ing deal if it wasnt true. did you go out and mortgage your house to buy apple stock based on this rumor? then that was your idiotic fault. let rumors be rumors. there's a difference between hearing something (which turns out to be false) and posting it and just pulling something out of your ass and saying its fact. rolo did the former. if you cant deal with the possibility that a rumor might be wrong then go to macworld.com and read that . its called news. fact only.

oh, but then it wouldnt really be a rumor site now would it.

sheesh.
  • Reply 31 of 82
    Quote:

to hell with you, I'll ban myself.

I bet this rumor turns out to be BS too.

It's a shame. It's really the first thing I actually wished he was right about.
  • Reply 32 of 82
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:

Some rumor sites may already be aware of this but the unsuspecting need to know that Apple is engaged in a purposeful disinformation campaign designed to put rumor sites out of business. They are planting rumors, like the recent Apple plasma HDTV rumor, to purposefully impugn the integrity of rumor sites.

I have to apologize for spreading the Apple plasma HDTV rumor. I thought it was real. As I said, Jason O'Grady didn't get it from me, he got it from the original source which was someone within Apple.

Good rumor sites are going to have to obtain independent corroboration of any rumor. There are ways of doing that. For instance, I know for a fact that new stuff is coming out in March, before the end of the quarter. I know what it is but this time, I ain't tellin'. Please don't ask. Yes, iBook and iPod related but I'll leave the details to others. All I can say is, you won't be disappointed. Again, one of the analysts already commented because he knows what I know. Notice how well AAPL is doing today. The new stuff will do little to help Q2 but will give a boost to Q3. Look for better guidance from Apple during the Q2 cc in April.

Sorry if this isn't the right forum to post this. It seems future hardware related. There are already good threads discussing future iBooks and iPods so this shouldn't be a place for that.

Everyone already knows you're full of shit. Give it a rest. Do you have some pathological need to "impress" a bunch of strangers on the internet?
  • Reply 33 of 82
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    This thing is much bigger than Rolo. Much bigger. You have no idea how far it goes.

"Rolo" is just a pawn being used to "poison the well". By the time you know what's going on it will too late. Stay out of St. Louis for the next few months. Lay in a supply of tangerines. Wrap your children in aluminum foil, and for God's sake don't try to recalibrate your instruments.

You'll know when you see it, and it will be the last thing you see. You didn't think Rolo was a real name did you?

"Think twice about what you do with your last Rolo", the best advice you will never understand.
  • Reply 34 of 82
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

This thing is much bigger than Rolo. Much bigger. You have no idea how far it goes.

"Rolo" is just a pawn being used to "poison the well". By the time you know what's going on it will too late. Stay out of St. Louis for the next few months. Lay in a supply of tangerines. Wrap your children in aluminum foil, and for God's sake don't try to recalibrate your instruments.

You'll know when you see it, and it will be the last thing you see. You didn't think Rolo was a real name did you?

"Think twice about what you do with your last Rolo", the best advice you will never understand.

Rolo is the Antichrist?
  • Reply 35 of 82
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murk

Rolo is the Antichrist?

You didn't hear it from me. I'm just going by what I found branded on my flesh this morning.
  • Reply 36 of 82
  • Reply 37 of 82
    lol
  • Reply 38 of 82
    My sources are feeding me similar info to Rolo's stool pidgeons. Here's the low down on the whisperings I'm hearing... enjoy!

1. Late spring, early summer timeframe. iPods updated, with a new model that will not radically new, but rather a radical refinement of a previously existing iPod. This of course must be referring to the video iPod. One source tells me this video iPod is about more than just watching videos on your pod, "that would be pretty lame," he said, adding that nobody wants to watch homemade movies or feature films on a 2" display. He says that CPU and mobo technology have advanced so far that all the pieces are on the shelf, all it takes is someone to package it together right for a portable movie player that can plug into any TV for a theatrical presentation. I asked about HDTV but he just said that's a real challenge, he didn't know if Apple could pull it off on the first product revision. Finally, my source said that this product is yet more fruit born of the relationship between Intel and Apple. Imagine for a moment a video iPod with a 120 GB HD that can store about 15 full length movies, or an insane amount of home footage. Battery life is on par with current iPods, but if you're near a wall outlet, just set the iPod in a dock (needed for video connections anyways) and recharge it while you watch movies at a friend's house on friend's 60" plasma HDTV. This iPod would of course be announced in tandem with Apple's new store for downloading feature films.

Now my sources say this video iPod is good to go, but that the RIAA is freaking over it. One person buys a movie, and then they can legally show it to all their friends over and over. It's RIAA's worst nightmare, and that's just what can be done legally. No doubt movie swapping could become as commonplace as audio file swapping.

2. Before Summer, MacBook and MacMini will take the stage. Both will be Yonah Duo Core, although the Mini will probably be single core on at least the low end. Expect similar changes as with the MacBook Pro: new mobo with new modern video chipset, Yonah and it's superfast memory architecture, and a few little detailed surprises. Intel iMac embraces the glossy white theme, so expect the iBook and Mini to follow suit. Primary feature: performance. These fuckers will scream and with one fell swoop, Apple will have the Mini performing at levels that would smite the iMac G5 from a few months ago.

3. This rumor is less believable, as only one source spoke of it. It is the old speculation that creeps back once in a while: Apple will split it's tower line into two towers, one for ultra high-end professionals, designed as a total solution to professional movie editing and even the full movie making process - something the Wachowski brothers could use on their next feature film. No compromises, cost is no object hardware that is made for performance and nothing else. The second tower line will be aimed at consumers, about the size of the minitower G4s, with fewer hard drives, PCIe slots, etc. Their low end will overlap with the high end iMacs, but of course not if you count the cost of a monitor. It is these low end systems that Apple will announce as the first Intel Powermacs, and they will utterly smoke the current G5s. Dual dual cores, along with advanced mobo design will leave the current powermacs in the dust. Then the high power towers will be introduced using new Intel technology for 8 core systems. Figure on the low end towers before the end of this year, and the high end towers early next year or maybe even at MWSF '07.

I report these only as rumors, so make of them what you will. My sources were pretty vague, so I had to flesh out a bit of this, and I didn't add CPU codenames because I'm not sure about them. But check out Intel's roadmap and you'll see that 8 core systems (dual quad core CPUs) are on the roadmap for early next year. No wonder Apple dropped IBM like a steaming turd - after a few slow years Intel suddenly rolling out insane technology like nobody would have ever guessed! Apple wouldn't have switched if they didn't intend to use it.

I'll try to package up these rumors with links and more clarity, depending on interest. FWIW, I'm skeptical of Apple splitting the Powermac line. Why? Because Powermac sales are dismal, and it's bad business to split an unpopular product line unless you expect greater sales to offset the high cost of rolling out two new models to replace one slow selling model. But it is possible, I suppose, that Apple's market research shows an untapped well of high end video and graphic pros who are dyin' to switch to Macs so they can use them throughout their entire production process.
  • Reply 39 of 82
    kroehlkroehl Posts: 164member
    I'd have thought that the RIAA didn't give a rat's ass about movie rights being violated with a new video iPod.

The MPAA on the other hand.......
  • Reply 40 of 82
    wwworkwwwork Posts: 140member
    Quote:

Originally posted by macfly

what is wrong with you people?! since when did rumor sites ban people for posting....RUMORS!!!

the fact is, people, rolo posted a rumor that he thought had some validity to it. its not his fault it turned out to be wrong. but by nature of what rumors are that was possible in the first place. stop being such babies when something we would like to be true turns out not to be. that is half the fun of these sites. i for one thought the discussion was useful and provocative. big F*(&ing deal if it wasnt true. did you go out and mortgage your house to buy apple stock based on this rumor? then that was your idiotic fault. let rumors be rumors. there's a difference between hearing something (which turns out to be false) and posting it and just pulling something out of your ass and saying its fact. rolo did the former. if you cant deal with the possibility that a rumor might be wrong then go to macworld.com and read that . its called news. fact only.

oh, but then it wouldnt really be a rumor site now would it.

sheesh.

++ well said