Apple's Disinformation

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 82
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jouster

Why?

I mean, I'd buy one. But why do they "so need" them? They've not exactly been a roaring success in the Windows world.

They seem to me to be a "roaring success" (very small roar) in certain market segments that appeared to have had heavy Mac penetration. This is all ancedotal but I've seen both my doctors go from having a bunch of macs to a bunch of tablets. My wife's obgyn still has macs but I wonder when they might "switch".

The funny thing is that when speaking to the receptionist the docs still have a hard time getting all the info to them because they don't to fill in the forms at their fingertips.

Still they seem to like the convience of having their computer with them all the time and the ability to scribble on them like a normal pad.

The lack of a keyboard is probably a good thing given the recent reports on how keyboards are nice germ factories in hospitals...

Vinea
  • Reply 82 of 82
    ibuzzibuzz Posts: 135member
    Quote:

Originally posted by vinea

They seem to me to be a "roaring success" (very small roar) in certain market segments that appeared to have had heavy Mac penetration. This is all ancedotal but I've seen both my doctors go from having a bunch of macs to a bunch of tablets. My wife's obgyn still has macs but I wonder when they might "switch".

The funny thing is that when speaking to the receptionist the docs still have a hard time getting all the info to them because they don't to fill in the forms at their fingertips.

Still they seem to like the convience of having their computer with them all the time and the ability to scribble on them like a normal pad.

The lack of a keyboard is probably a good thing given the recent reports on how keyboards are nice germ factories in hospitals...

Vinea

the tablets run software that interfaces with practice management software. alot of them are touch screen. most of the record keeping is done this way. read FAST!!!! puts all kinds of statistical info at your fingertips. does automatic billing. insurance forms etc. My office was on Macs and I was seriously looking at the tablets. The software on the macs was way behind. (I'm retarded now) so things may be different, but I doubt it. Seems that there isn't eonugh market share in these nitch markets to pay the programmers. It's the preverbial chicken and the egg. Not enough hardware in the market ( and won't be) because the software doesn't exist. Still, a tablet with touch screen, wireless in the local net, is way cool for lots of stuff, if you have to move around. computer a go go IMHO, this is where apple should invest some of that xs cash they have lying around. Hire some top notch programmers to write code for many more markets, so that they can penetrate those markets with their hardware. Until somebody (apple) with deep pockets, will subsidise these potential markets, nothing will ever happen. The medical market is potentially huge. Apple has almost no penetration, and apparently it will stay that way.