Winner announced in Windows XP on Intel Mac contest

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 112
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Oh, open source? They suck.

How else do you expect this will be done?

Nothing wrong with open source programmers. they work in the same companies that every other programmer works for.
  • Reply 102 of 112
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

[B]How else do you expect this will be done?

It was sarcasm.

Quote:

Nothing wrong with open source programmers. they work in the same companies that every other programmer works for.

Well, nothing wrong with them... now.
  • Reply 103 of 112
    Quote:

[B]It was sarcasm.

Ok,fair enough.

Quote:

Well, nothing wrong with them... now.

• Reply 104 of 112
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    The comedy of the previous few posts is totally lost on me. And yes, I am *still* in the jungles.

Is it just me or wouldn't the Mac dealers be so all over this. They'd be chomping at the bit to sell the Macs as, "Hey, you can run Windows XP too, so, no risk to try out this Mac thing". Only thing is the support issues this would conjure up.
  • Reply 105 of 112
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Mel don't give Gene a pass on that!

Quote:

It was sarcasm.

Oh, yea, sure, that was most definitely sarcasm!

FYI: Now, that was sarcasm!

Here's a 101 on sarcasm for all the sarcasm impaired individuals.

Statement: "Oh, open source? They suck."

Isn't sarcastic, it's just rude... *edit* Okay after re-reading I do admit it *could* be sarcastic if in fact Gene is really trying to say 'open source is good' it just doesn't come across that well when written (typed).

Open source is bad sarcastic comments:

Statement: "Oh, open source? Fantastic, I'll be waiting with bells on"

Statement: "Oh, open source? Fantastic-freakin-tastic, I can hardly wait!"

Statement: "Oh, open source? Wonderful, simply wonderful!"

Statement: "Oh, open source? Praise the heavens, we're saved!"

Open source is good sarcastic comments:

Statement: "Oh, open source? Oh no, we're doomed, we're doomed!"

Statement: "Oh, open source? Eeek! Run away, run away!"

Statement: "Oh, open source? Nothing good could ever come from that!"

Notice how the words almost 'drip' as you say them?

And that my friends is how sarcasm is supposed to work!

Oh and I can hardly wait to hear from all the people who feel the need to correct me on sarcasm. (*)

* Also sarcasm - See how EASY it is, once you get the hang of it?

Dave
  • Reply 106 of 112
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Sarcasm is like humor - if you have to explain that you just did it, you failed.
  • Reply 107 of 112
    Ok biatches. Word up. Burning my XP-for-Intel-Mac "slipstream CD" right now. NOW I NEED TO F***** TEST IT!!!! Hopefully somewhere in these jungles someone will be willing to let me try it out (hey it will benefit them too and the dealers as well....) BTW I am kidding somewhat Malaysia is not that primitive there is a user group here: http://mymug.org/about.htm

So I'll try and get this community to try the XP DualBoot Install.
  • Reply 108 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Sarcasm is like humor - if you have to explain that you just did it, you failed.

Profound.
  • Reply 109 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

*edit* Okay after re-reading I do admit it *could* be sarcastic if in fact Gene is really trying to say 'open source is good' it just doesn't come across that well when written (typed).[/B]

Gene was just trying to say that there's a hint of irony in expecting open source programmers to be the ones that achieve (and already did, narf's work is open, even if he got paid for it) what others clearly expect them to, when those others not long ago were making fun of them, their programming abilities, and apparently, their lack of 'taste' for icons.

All of this notwithstanding, it was a small nab at melgross, and nothing meant in a mean way as evidenced by my explaining it so there's no confusion. Though, it appears that, explaining that what you said was meant as a joke means that... you failed at it. Oh well, at least now I know.
  • Reply 110 of 112
    Quote:

Gene was just trying to say that there's a hint of irony in expecting open source programmers to be the ones that achieve (and already did, narf's work is open, even if he got paid for it) what others clearly expect them to, when those others not long ago were making fun of them, their programming abilities, and apparently, their lack of 'taste' for icons.

All of this notwithstanding, it was a small nab at melgross, and nothing meant in a mean way as evidenced by my explaining it so there's no confusion. Though, it appears that, explaining that what you said was meant as a joke means that... you failed at it. Oh well, at least now I know.

At me! Now, why would ANYONE want to do that?
  • Reply 111 of 112
    I STILL have no idea what the frack you guys are going on about Ah, well...
  • Reply 112 of 112
    So, has anyone here read Maccentral's report on installing this thing?

Not fot the fainthearted, that's for sure.

Something has better be done to ease this in, otherwise it will be useless for most people.

http://www.macworld.com/2006/03/firs...mini/index.php