Time to make things fun..

Comments

• Reply 341 of 622
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    Yeah, I'd like to think you Mac geeks enjoy having fun, not-so-serious conversations.
  • Reply 342 of 622
    ...or not?

Where'd everyone go?
  • Reply 343 of 622
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Uh, like, I'm supposed to be doing a midterm right now. It is 2:52 AM and due in 7 hours. I should probably get started...
  • Reply 344 of 622
    I know you're not blaming your procrastination on me...

Good luck, by the way.
  • Reply 345 of 622
    I knew it was my fault, I just didn't know how.

Oh, and thanks.

I'll find some cannon fodder to post later when the gash in my wrist heals. I'd need, like, 4 band-aids for the sucker! Note to people who want to throw a cat into sprinklers: Wear gloves.

OK, so I was actually walking parallel to the sprinklers when the cat freaked, but for a split second I did think about where I should drop the cat. But I am not mean to my pets. In fact, Ebby is spoiled beyond belief.
  • Reply 346 of 622
    Yeah... but you threw the poor kitty...

I love kitties.

Hope you wound heals soon. I just cut my finger the other day with a BIG knife... work related injury. It's always either a cut or a burn...

Yeah, I just got my Associate's degree, so I know how exams are...
  • Reply 347 of 622
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac_Doll

Yeah... but you threw the poor kitty...

Well, not exactly. I set her down with less than a 1 foot drop. She is 18 and has us trained pretty well. My other cats are each 15. Can't really call any of them kitties anymore but the words lazy, pesky, spoiled and "OK, I'll open the door" are frequent around here.
  • Reply 348 of 622
    I still miss having a cat. Even though they give me itchy, watery eyes and a runny nose... I still love them.
  • Reply 349 of 622
    I have a cat. I love him so much. I'll post a picture when I have time. You won't believe his size.
  • Reply 350 of 622
    Quote:

I still miss having a cat. Even though they give me itchy, watery eyes and a runny nose... I still love them.

They do have those genetically-engineered cats for people with allergies.
  • Reply 351 of 622
    Genetically engineered?! That's creepy. Umm.. I'll just take the Claritin.. thanks though.
  • Reply 352 of 622
    Didn't scientists make a glow-in-the-dark cat a few years ago. Or was that a Rabbit?

*Reads TFA*

EDIT: Beat you all on cat pics. Cat doing what Cats do best...

Drinking from a Raindrip system I set up.

• Reply 353 of 622
    Quote:

Genetically engineered?! That's creepy. Umm.. I'll just take the Claritin.. thanks though.

It's not that creepy. I guess the cats are bred where the allergy-inducing traits are non-existent or low. \
  • Reply 354 of 622
    lakingsfnlakingsfn Posts: 141member
    Name: Eric

Birthday: May. 14, 1977

Zodiac Sign: Taurus

What Mac(s) do you own? Mac Mini, 12" iBook G4

Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? Steve Jobs

Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? No

Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? Once in a while.

Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? Yes.

Do you have a favorite Mac model? Not really.

Favorite food: Anything

TWiT or Your Mac Life? Neither

Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)? Nano 4GB, Mini 6GB and 5th Generation 30GB iPod (Black).
  • Reply 355 of 622
    Ebby: I love your kitty! Awww...

blackbird_1.0: I just prefer cats and other animals to just be left to be theirselves. Like I said, I don't mind the Claritin.

lakingsfn: Nice to meet you!
  • Reply 356 of 622
    Quote:

theirselves. Like I said, I don't mind the Claritin.

Ah, okay. My apologies.
  • Reply 357 of 622
    Don't apologize; I know you were just trying to help.
  • Reply 358 of 622
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0

It's not that creepy. I guess the cats are bred where the allergy-inducing traits are non-existent or low. \

From what I hear; the non alergenic cats are hairless, as adults, they pretty much look like Mr. Bigglesworth, Dr Evils cat from the Austin Powers movies, that kinda defeats the purpose of a cat doesnt it?

Disclaimer: I am not a cat person, but Mom and sister are; so I can deal with it.
  • Reply 359 of 622
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

From what I hear; the non alergenic cats are hairless, as adults, they pretty much look like Mr. Bigglesworth, Dr Evils cat from the Austin Powers movies, that kinda defeats the purpose of a cat doesnt it?

Disclaimer: I am not a cat person, but Mom and sister are; so I can deal with it.

No.

They aren't bred to be that way either. There is one gene responsible for the allergic response to cats in humans. The scientists simply knocked that gene out of a cat embryo, and voila had a hypoallergenic cat when they grew the embryo up...
  • Reply 360 of 622
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    Quote:

Seriously not creepy. It isn't as if they are putting a gene into the cats.