Apple recalls 1.8M iBook and PowerBook G4 batteries

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mariofreak85

Ya, but I really want my battery now I've been wanting to buy a new one and in the apple store the shipping time is 2-4 weeks, so silly me I just assumed it would be the same

Believe me, I feel for you.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    I bought a g4 ibook for my wife about 1 1/2 years ago . . . I made the mistake of not buying the extended warranty thinking my wife is very careful with her computer and would not likely need the extra coverage. Now the computer is dead. I took it into compusa and they confirmed the logic board was the culprit. So . . . is it possible the overheating of the battery could have damaged other components of the computer and caused the failure??? Yes, her laptop has one of the recalled batteries. Can you share your thoughts??
  • Reply 63 of 63
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jarvis8484

I bought a g4 ibook for my wife about 1 1/2 years ago . . . I made the mistake of not buying the extended warranty thinking my wife is very careful with her computer and would not likely need the extra coverage. Now the computer is dead. I took it into compusa and they confirmed the logic board was the culprit. So . . . is it possible the overheating of the battery could have damaged other components of the computer and caused the failure??? Yes, her laptop has one of the recalled batteries. Can you share your thoughts??

Speak to Apple. We can't be of help.