Apple ditches 'Mac Guy' in new ads

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne

Friggin' hysterical...

Apple has admitted their Japan strategy is fracked. I wonder how these ads will do... Heh. I like how the "Virus" one the PC actually crashes... ...Yes, funny ..I suppose in Japan if you wear a hooded sweatshirt, jeans and sneakers, it means you're cool, just like in the USA and Australia .

As an Asian person (on the outside, WhiteTrash on the inside [no offense intended]), I find that the Mac dude in an Asian context seems humble enough, yet knowledgeable. Don't know about USA because haven't been there for a while but the Mac/PC ads with Justin Long shown here in Australia are alright, he's not too much of a wanker, so to speak. Though if they made an "Australian" version...

"G'day I'm a PC....."

"....And I'm a Mac."

"Bloody hell all you f***king Mac wankers are all up your own arse, aren't ya... poofters...!"

• Reply 82 of 84
    (sing to the tune of "x bottles of rum on the wall")

52 posts on the screen to go, 52 posts to go,

you write some rubbish,

51 posts to go, 51 posts to 6,000......

you write more rubbish,

50 posts to go, 50 posts to go......................
  • Reply 83 of 84
    I liked the commericials I even sought out the parodies on youtube to watch ^_^

I use and like both mac and pc though (and linux and fbsd).

They are kind of mudslinging but it's not that bad and I don't think anybody is going to buy a mac over a pc based on what two random guys are saying in a video (I hope not...). It's just entertainment to me anyways. I'm a software developer and asian and female so those are my points of view on it. And I randomly found this site as a link from versiontracker (i think) and probably won't be on this forum again lol...but for some reason i feel the need to post comments on sites I find instead of doing my work o.O

*tries to get back to work* \
  • Reply 84 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by josa92

i must agree..

mr. mac is quite annoying and mr. pc is friendly and happy.

maybe they'll switch mr. pc into mr. mac because he switched to mac??

i don't know but it kind of makes sense....

Nice plot and huge pay off. If the Apple commercial reps preped that from the beginning

that would be amazing.