Zune incompatible with Windows Vista

Comments

• Reply 41 of 199
    "...three oriental chicks.."?

Who the f**k writes this crap? Some occidental jock (with an itch)?

Give me a break..... I expect better from AppleInsider.
  • Reply 42 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeaPeaJay

I had no idea it was offensive either.

I wouldn't have said it was offensive... Now, if somebody had said "squinty eyed japs" them I could have understood
  • Reply 43 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eightball0

"the splash screen of three oriental chicks"

first, it's Asian, not oriental.

second, ANYTHING BUT chicks (ladies, women, girls, etc.)

third, I think only one is Asian

fourth, I think two of the three are female.

Hey eightball, how could you possibly conclude that "only one is Asian (sic)"?

Last I looked at a map, "Asia" includes everything from Israel, to Russia, to India, to China, to Papua New Guinea.

Sheesh.... the level of stereotyping in this forum is getting to be a bit ridiculous.
  • Reply 44 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Caribou Killa

I bet they say "Damn straight, we have our own like Indian and Persian. Sucks for all the people in southeast asia who are only referred to as Asians."

My religion teacher told us we were having a quiz on Indians and I studied Native Americans and failed the quiz!
  • Reply 45 of 199
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram

Sheesh.... the level of stereotyping in this forum is getting to be a bit ridiculous.

As far as I remember, this thread is the only one that it has come up in a long time, so I'd suggest that you are stereotyping the entire forum yourself.
  • Reply 46 of 199
    Quote:

My religion teacher told us we were having a quiz on Indians and I studied Native Americans and failed the quiz!

And, in that wonderful religious education you apparently received, just exactly what "religion" did the Native Americans belong to?

• Reply 47 of 199
    Quote:

My religion teacher told us we were having a quiz on Indians and I studied Native American's and failed the quiz!

but seriously kids. we all know if we are intelligent enough to look at a map Asia is huge and is made up of a large amount of countries. But we also have to face the fact that you cant expect people to say asian, pause, then specify what asian country they are talking about. Especially if they cant tell the difference a Japanese person, a Chinese person, or a Cambodian person. And thats just the south-eastern portion of asia. And not cause there ignorant and are too lazy or racist but because they have no experiance with being able to tell different countries apart. Last time I checked they dont hold up a diagram in school specifying different traits.

So. with that said. Zune is crap. iPod reigns as always. Expect this to be another creative zen. now someone squirt me a song.
  • Reply 48 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

As far as I remember, this thread is the only one that it has come up in a long time, so I'd suggest that you are stereotyping the entire forum yourself.

Read what I said: This forum (i.e., not the entire website).

Perhaps you could clarify what you mean by "forum" versus "thread"? What exactly is the "thread" here?

That said, no need to split hairs. If I should have used the word "thread", please amend my previous statement accordingly with the word "forum" replaced by the word "thread."
  • Reply 49 of 199
    I've been scanning this thread and I keep seeing the two words : squirting and asians. whats going on here?

• Reply 50 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by McHuman

I've been scanning this thread and I keep seeing the two words : squirting and asians. whats going on here?

a party no one will forget
  • Reply 51 of 199
    Quote:

And, in that wonderful religious education you apparently received, just exactly what "religion" did the Native Americans belong to?

Umm.. I believe they called it Native American Tribal Religions or something like that. It was a mish mosh of beliefs.
  • Reply 52 of 199
    Quote:

Umm.. I believe they called it Native American Tribal Religions or something like that. It was a mish mosh of beliefs.

I now see why you failed the quiz!

• Reply 53 of 199
    The Zune sucks and it will fail.

Close this thread.
  • Reply 54 of 199
    Quote:

I now see why you failed the quiz!

hey I managed a B overall though
  • Reply 55 of 199
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell

Asian people don't like to be called oriental. Just like black people don't like to be called colored.

Both nouns have a historically derogative context.

Well, speaking on behalf of my Asian family, we don't mind.

So much offense these days is perceived rather than intended. Folks need to lighten up.
  • Reply 56 of 199
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Blame it on Columbus - the idiot thought he found India, so he named Native Americans 'Indians'. Do you wonder why they don't like being called 'Indians'?

"Oriental" is a name given by white men to describe Chinese and other people. What is so hard to understand that people would like to be referred to by names of their own choosing, and not by the names given them by European colonizers?

It has nothing to do with 'political correctness', it has to do with respect. Understand, honky?
  • Reply 57 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gloss

So much offense these days is perceived rather than intended. Folks need to lighten up.

Unfortunately its only a matter of time until someone starts saying you and your family ignorant to the past and blah blah. I agree with you, people need to lighten up.
  • Reply 58 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

Their loss. It's an accurate term, more so than "Asian", as Booga pointed out.

I'm not sure what you mean here... Oriental means East. If you think of Europe as the center of the world, then technically everything to the east would be oriental. Now if you grew up in, say China, you probably would be less inclined to think that you were "Eastern" or "Oriental," you would just be Chinese.

Furthermore, the term Oriental was used to refer to the people of Asia by Europeans back when travel was very difficult so the exchange of information was very limited. Geographers who went "East" had a stake in creating a vivid image of their "discoveries" which lead to a very distorted image of people and life in Asia. Many Asians believe that the patently false steriotypes still cling to the term and therefore reject it on those grounds as well.

That said, I still thought it was the funniest AI article I have read.
  • Reply 59 of 199
    "oriental chicks"??? How much more politically incorrect can you get? The least you could do was capitalize properly.
  • Reply 60 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gloss

You are right. We should all lighten up!

Btw, where is your Asian family from? Ukraine?