Prudential: iPhone to sport Click-Wheel; video iPod by Q2

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

I originally agreed with this opinion, but if it adds incremental revenue for Apple, why fight it?

It certainly didn't break any sales records but for the Mac fan it's a not a bad choice to have. I have one on my mantel with a Mac Mini (with USB 2,0 TV Tuner) atop it and an LG HDTV on the wall above that. I find the solution simple and works well enough for my tastes. After all, Apple is just trying to get a sliver of the sales from the 3rd-party vendors making similar items. Some better, some worse. For the money, sound, and features (digital audio and AIrTunes) I found it to be the only choice for me. I only wish it and the Mac Mini came in black or silver.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:

Have you looked at the iPod HIFI? That design should have been killed. Or, how about the Newton. Apple has had its fair share of false-starts, like all good companies taking chances.

Why are people trying to make the HiFi out to be a failure? I've seen the HiFi at Target, WalMart, Best Buy. The HiFi is likely selling very well.

As far as the Newton. That was done under an entirely different administration. Jobs so far has been just enough of a conservative maverick to have several hits and nothing as blunderous as the Newton.
  • Reply 63 of 63
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell

Why are people trying to make the HiFi out to be a failure? I've seen the HiFi at Target, WalMart, Best Buy. The HiFi is likely selling very well.

As far as the Newton. That was done under an entirely different administration. Jobs so far has been just enough of a conservative maverick to have several hits and nothing as blunderous as the Newton.

I don't know either. It's quite good. Even Stereophile gave it one of their best products of the year notations. I have one, and agree.

It also sells pretty well.