• Reply 21 of 93
    boogabooga Posts: 1,082member
    MacPhone Pro
  • Reply 22 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hohlecow

iChat mobile

FTW!!!!!111one

I'd bet this is probably it... unless there is no phone...
  • Reply 23 of 93
    buckbuck Posts: 293member
    It'll just be "iPod with phone capabilities".
  • Reply 24 of 93
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Cell Phone iPod = CephaloPod!

The new Apple CephaloPod: Be the Squid?
  • Reply 25 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buck

No because then everyone's going to ask where they can get "an iPod with phone capabilities". That's too complicated.

I motion for MacPhone, mPhone, podPhone, PhonePod, PoddyPhone or PhoneyPod.
  • Reply 26 of 93
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    And a long shot on a Treky name: "Pass me my iCommunicator Scotty ..." 8)

or maybe iTalk or iCall ... but my personal favorite, iCom
  • Reply 27 of 93
    I like iCell. Serves two purposes. A name and a function. Lord knows, they'll sell quite a few.
  • Reply 28 of 93
    I'll put $5.00 on iChat Mobile, FTW. Yeeeeehaw!
  • Reply 29 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wilco

The Zune is brown!!!1 Like poo!!!11!

For the win!!!! *pours gasoline over self*
  • Reply 30 of 93
    I like iPod Communicator. And I agree, I don't think that it will have "phone" in the title at all.

Didn't they trademark iChat Mobile?
  • Reply 31 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeaPeaJay

I like iPod Communicator. And I agree, I don't think that it will have "phone" in the title at all.

Didn't they trademark iChat Mobile?

iPod Communicator... meh. Too long. iChat Mobile, iPod Mobile. Rasing my bet to $10.
  • Reply 32 of 93
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

iPod AV

iPod Connect

iPod Cell

iPod-o-rama

iPod Network

iPod Me

cellPod

I'd prefer iChat Buddy. A video mobile phone using an iChat client.
  • Reply 33 of 93
    They can't use iCom, it's been a product name for years in radio communications.

http://www.icomamerica.com/
  • Reply 34 of 93
    bentonbenton Posts: 161member
    MacPhone leverages the recent branding of MacBook, MacBook Pro and Mac Pro. While the macphone.com website is owned by a Macolyte, owner of MacBytes, I do not know the trade mark status.
  • Reply 35 of 93
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buck

Therefore they will call it, 'iPod Phone'. (iPod Nano, iPod Mini etc.)
  • Reply 36 of 93
    Wilco, I just have to ask: Are you 12 years old or just utterly immature? (Also, my apologies to any 12 year-olds who might be reading this but I think you get my point).

Your brown zune/poo schtick was funny for about half a second the first time. Now it's just tiresome. Move on already!
  • Reply 37 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

iChat Mobile, iPod Mobile.

My money's on iChat Mobile. And the latter, though it sounds nice, is awfully redundant. Phone functionality isn't going to make an iPod any more mobile than it already is, y'know?
  • Reply 38 of 93
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zzcoop

My money's on iChat Mobile. And the latter, though it sounds nice, is awfully redundant. Phone functionality isn't going to make an iPod any more mobile than it already is, y'know?

You think Apple would be stupid enough not to want to leverage the product off their existing ubiquitous iPod brand name, don't be foolish.

Rather than type the in detail why Apple will chose the name "iPod Phone" for their "iPhone" all over again, I point you to my comment over on digg.
  • Reply 39 of 93
    bentonbenton Posts: 161member
    iPhone's minimum requirements are windows 2000 and xp. No mention of Macintosh!
  • Reply 40 of 93
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

You think Apple would be stupid enough not to want to leverage the product off their existing ubiquitous iPod brand name, don't be foolish.

Rather than type the in detail why Apple will chose the name "iPod Phone" for their "iPhone" all over again, I point you to my comment over on digg.

I imagine that would all depend on the phone's interface. If there is an OS X-like feel to it--with Dashboard widgets, Mail, iChat, etc.--then I imagine they wouldn't call it an "iPod" at all as that name is synonymous with music player and not as a serious phone and internet device to complement one's Mac.