A little bird told me

Comments

• Reply 341 of 377
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    I think little bird has been shot by a Portuguese hunter.
  • Reply 342 of 377
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gugy View Post

I think little bird has been shot by a Portuguese hunter.

Presumably a very good one to shoot little birds in the air.
  • Reply 343 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by European guy View Post

I am officially pissed at little bird !

Please, please help us know why.
  • Reply 344 of 377
    bump because i still want answers/clarification, haha
  • Reply 345 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

Oh the excitement is just unbearable...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

Oh the fun just keeps coming and coming.....

Happy Spring 1st everyone

Shutdown the counter today. No longer seems to be any point.

Dead...dead....

....dead....

• Reply 346 of 377
    Another Tuesday/Wednesday gone, no Mac mini in the horizon. nothing. Apple looks like a boiler on the fire with its cap firmly closed.
  • Reply 347 of 377
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    Looks like we're not going to get anything untill NAB.. if we are lucky. I really hope things don't drag out untill WWDC 07.
  • Reply 348 of 377
    Ha, "little bird" played you like a cheap accordian.

There'll be a new Mac in the next four weeks - I don't see how there can't be, to be honest.
  • Reply 349 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Democaster. View Post

Ha, "little bird" played you like a cheap accordian.

There'll be a new Mac in the next four weeks - I don't see how there can't be, to be honest.

Looks like even this didn't happen what happened, European Guy?
  • Reply 350 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post

Looks like even this didn't happen what happened, European Guy?

I think nothing more than the obvious: Apple is waiting for new technology from Intel (Santa Rosa) to update its mobile-based lines (yes, iMac included). The absence of updates, if it is related to SR as I assume, would be an indication that the new iMac is still going to use mobile components. And probably in an unchanged form factor for the next update.
  • Reply 351 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

I think nothing more than the obvious: Apple is waiting for new technology from Intel (Santa Rosa) to update its mobile-based lines (yes, iMac included). The absence of updates, if it is related to SR as I assume, would be an indication that the new iMac is still going to use mobile components. And probably in an unchanged form factor for the next update.

According to , the SantaRosa/CentrinoPro platform will start to be rolled out in less than two weeks. It's anyone's guess as to when Apple will release its machines based on the platform, though.
  • Reply 352 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carrier Wave View Post

According to , the SantaRosa/CentrinoPro platform will start to be rolled out in less than two weeks. It's anyone's guess as to when Apple will release its machines based on the platform, though.

Expect anything between some weeks to 2-3 months from then. I am inclined to believe it will take for Apple one month or so to start updating. By WWDC or a little after we may have new machines.
  • Reply 353 of 377
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:

Expect anything between some weeks to 2-3 months from then. I am inclined to believe it will take for Apple one month or so to start updating. By WWDC or a little after we may have new machines.

if new design, new enclosure, it will take until WWDC.

if no design changes, we may see ASAP once Centrino Pro available from intel. Apple doing good at this quarter, it should be incorporated into their iMac and macbook, pro lines soon.
  • Reply 354 of 377
    A Four core iMac with the ability to put more than 4Gig of Ram inside and I'm sold
  • Reply 355 of 377
    Network problems = Double post = Sorry
  • Reply 356 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

A Four core iMac with the ability to put more than 4Gig of Ram inside and I'm sold

Next year perhaps. Unless Apple changes drastically the trend.
  • Reply 357 of 377
    xflarexflare Posts: 199member
    Can anyone remember when we had a nice, interesting rumour about new Computer hardware? Before, it was all iPod, now it's all iPhone.
  • Reply 358 of 377
    Quote:

Next year perhaps. Unless Apple changes drastically the trend.

With mobile 4 core intel chips, I believe slated for release in 3Q 2007 I would be hopeful to see them in iMacs at LEAST in Macworld 2008, wouldn't you?

Of course one can never tell with Apple.

Edited to add :- It has come to my attention that this remark about the release of the quad core chips is wrong, please accept my apologies. I leave this post as is, so as not to cause confusion while reading the thread
  • Reply 359 of 377
    aflaaakaflaaak Posts: 210member
    I was thinking of buying my first Mac back in August. Then they announced the new 24" iMacs, so thought I'd wait a bit until all the bugs were worked out. Then, as the Holidays approached, it seemed like a good idea to wait until Leopard was released, at the time the rumor was early '07. Then Spring '07. I'm getting a little impatient as I'm still using an old Dell 933mhz PIII, putting off moving it to work so I can use it there for my business, and buying a new Mac for home where I can finally start editing my MiniDV home movies (old Dell too s l o w). Then, rumor of new Macs being put off till June for new awsome "must have" type innovative hardware upgrade. Now you say Q3 before anything new? WTF! I hope that's just part of the rumor mill too, and that we do see something in June, otherwise I'm inclined to write Apple off as a fine producer of Vaporware and buy a Windows laptop. I really want to buy a Mac, but I can't wait till Q3. I also hate the thought of spending money on a Windows laptop to get me to tided over till Apple gets around to it. And I'm not going to buy a Mac now with it soooo close (?) to new hardware. I'm going to give them till June to at least have a concrete announcement, and then forget it.
  • Reply 360 of 377
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Vaporware is when the manufacturer announces the product, and then doesn't deliver. Apple hasn't announced anything on the Mac front yet. You can't believe every rumor that comes down the pipe, y'know? Nobody out here in Internetland knows anything more than you do, or if they do, they aren't talking.

You have two options, really: buy soon after a product is released, or wait for the next bump, if that release was far enough back. That's really it. You can't play the "wait for bugs to get taken care of" *and* "don't want to buy then have a new version come out". Pick which one is most important to you, and make your decisions on that one, and that one alone. Otherwise, as you're finding out, you'll never actually buy.