Cingular stores buzzing with iPhone inquiries

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 82
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    The iPhone browser reminded me of Opera for Wii, only Safari on iPhone is done better.

Regarding custom apps, since widgets are already somewhat limited I'd expect Apple to permit 3rd party widgets or perhaps 3rd party widgets that conform to a limited iPhone widget SDK. That said, the easiest way to get an app on the phone is via the browser. Do an AJAX web app and gear it for the iPhone's screen (so no zooming is needed) and you're made.
  • Reply 82 of 82
    Quote:

Yeah, cingular is not great. But the reason Apple went with them is because they suck so bad --Steve Jobs can strong-arm them to change their entire networks to fit his phone, and they are bending over and doing it else go out of business. Once the money pours into cingular, expect their infrastructure to grow fast. 3G, etc, will come quickly. I have no worries about the new Cingular.

Customer service bad? When SJ hears about it, he will get on his iPhone and straighten Cingular out, fast!

That's my fervent prayer. As a Verizon Wireless customer, I know switching carriers will result in poorer reception. However, that's something I'm willing to accept for this phone.