Confirmed: Law suite against Time has begun preperation

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
To say that steve is shitting himself is a gross, gross understatement.

I have it on record now that steve has briefed some of the apple legal team about the law suite against Time Magazine (specifically their internet arm). How do I know this? I have a good friend in Apple Legal.

Most of the team attended a meeting that just ended then (a few minutes ago). Apple is going to claim time breeched an NDA, revealing industry secrets in the process. On an emotional level, Steve has just about been killed by this announcement. It is unknown how this effects the announcements at MWSF, whether steve will pull a MWNY'00 and can the radeon (the iMac here... eek).

Trust me, I was in his office when he found out. I nearly got fired just for being there because he was pissed.

Never again will I be in there during even extended operating hours...

Time are going to lose a lot of money now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 59
    I am sure Steve really cares at this point.
  • Reply 2 of 59
    neilybneilyb Posts: 128member
    Apple Legal can't do anything. Everything in the article is true. Press never signs NDAs.

Time likely promised Apple that they would embargo the infor until after MacWorld, and for whatever reason the reneged on that deal -- but the only recourse Apple would have is to never give them an exclusive again, and ad pulls. Nothing else... there's no legal issue here.

Fun.

NeilyB
  • Reply 3 of 59
    thentrothentro Posts: 231member
    yea and never the on the fusgikin cover of TIME again!!!

• Reply 3 of 59
    bump
  • Reply 5 of 59
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    If I were Steve I wouldn't care! Your product has free advertising on the cover of friggin Time for god's sake!
  • Reply 6 of 59
    It has no sales impact, Jobs is probably mad though. I feel bad for our iCEO Steve.
  • Reply 7 of 59
    Steve probably TOLD them to do it. Most people still won't see this baby until tomorrow, or until they get their TIME.

This was a shout out to the internet peeps, the rabid ones. You know, US.

SdC
  • Reply 8 of 59
    [quote]Originally posted by suckfuldotcom:

<strong>Steve probably TOLD them to do it. Most people still won't see this baby until tomorrow, or until they get their TIME.

This was a shout out to the internet peeps, the rabid ones. You know, US.

SdC</strong><hr></blockquote>

You may be right, One More Sleepless Night.
  • Reply 8 of 59
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by suckfuldotcom:

<strong>Steve probably TOLD them to do it. Most people still won't see this baby until tomorrow, or until they get their TIME.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I doubt he told them to do this. It doesn't seem like something he'd do.
  • Reply 10 of 59
    [quote]Originally posted by Steve's office cleaner:

<strong>Trust me, I was in his office when he found out. I nearly got fired just for being there because he was pissed.</strong><hr></blockquote>

so you decided to run out of steve's office while he's ranting to high hell and instantly pull up appleinsider's site on your computer at work? uhhh. right....
  • Reply 11 of 59
    [quote]Originally posted by NeilyB:

<strong>Press never signs NDAs.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Huh? They do all the time .. i work for an industry newsletter and i know we do for almost every story, esp round expo time.

Mike
  • Reply 12 of 59
    If Time is on the news stands tomorrow morning it was all planned, wont everyone see or hear about the article before going to the show anyway?
  • Reply 13 of 59
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by sawtooth:

<strong>If Time is on the news stands tomorrow morning it was all planned, wont everyone see or hear about the article before going to the show anyway?</strong><hr></blockquote>

That sure would make sense.
  • Reply 14 of 59
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    was it posted before or after midnight EST? Wonder what the exact wording of the contract was. Time will likely not get Steve' presence again, seriously. he'll go to Newsweek or US News.
  • Reply 15 of 59
    Anyone think that maybe Apple is taunting all of us rumor-mongers "One more sleepless night"? He probably knew the article would leak late tonight (last night).
  • Reply 16 of 59
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Steve wouldn't risk a falling out with AOL/TIME-Warner. First of all, the publicity of having an Apple product on the cover of TIME is HUMONGOUS. Second, the behemoth mentioned above (not Steve) consists of a vast media empire.
  • Reply 17 of 59
    a/uxa/ux Posts: 38member
    Sorry SOC, (Steve's office cleaner) but you seem all wet to me!

Steve must have planned this. The whole buildup to this show has been very unlike the Steve that we usually expect. Look at the gloating smiles on Steve and Ive's faces. It's almost like, "If you think this is cool, just wait until you see what else we have to show you tomorrow!"

Everyone was expecting a new iMac tomorrow. By having Time post the article the night before, Apple simply increases our anticipation of the keynote.

I may be giving Steve too much credit, but I see him leaning back in a plush leather high-back office chair right about now with a sly grin on his face. "Everything is proceeding exactly as I have foreseen it." He has us right where he wants us.

Tomorrow's keynote will be one for the history books.
  • Reply 18 of 59
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Someone said the street date is the 14th, so it won't come out tomorrow.
  • Reply 19 of 59
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    But Steve won't be alienating the whole of AOL/TimeWarner. It's like how he criticizes MS's settlement, but there's no impact on Office or IE. AOL/TW is too big to alienate as a whole with just dissing Time. Hell, they own enough magazines that he could go to another. They are effectively autonomous.
  • Reply 19 of 59
    buggybuggy Posts: 83member
    Has anyone else noticed the date on the article?

Jan 14.