Quote:
    Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post

every 5 seconds, for the Apple Store.

The internet is going to crash.

This is getting long...

The reload button is wearing out...
  • Reply 82 of 124
    scharf_10scharf_10 Posts: 10member
    The Apple website is becoming slower and slower. It's getting quite annoying, I didn't think they'd take this long to release an update.
  • Reply 83 of 124
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    What if, just if, they updatre MBPs and iPods and MacMinis all on the same day?

ARRRRGGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH!!! Hurry up!
  • Reply 84 of 124
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scharf_10 View Post

The Apple website is becoming slower and slower. It's getting quite annoying, I didn't think they'd take this long to release an update.

I was noticing that... it seems to be pretty quick now. Guess they are about to...
  • Reply 85 of 124
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    It's nice to know there are people out there as sad as me! Come on with the damn store updating! I'm aggravating my RSI on the reload button!
  • Reply 86 of 124
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Frankly, I don't understand all the wining and knashing of teeth over this. Aside from LED backlighting what else were people expecting that wasn't delivered? Robson? Please spare me the details, that has yet to prove itself as a useful item. I think that the new graphics card is quite a nice benefit that befits a high end laptop. All in all not a bad update, if your expectations were realistic.
  • Reply 87 of 124
    We're back on.
  • Reply 88 of 124
    buckbuck Posts: 293member
    Well, seems like http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html has some updated info?
  • Reply 89 of 124
    Pretty much what was expected

2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

1440 x 900 resolution

2GB memory

120GB HD

SuperDrive

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 128MB SDRAM

LEDs!!! Hot dang!

Won't replace my MBP, but this is nice to see.
  • Reply 90 of 124
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1984 View Post

Apple is not limiting it to 3GB. Santa Rosa is required to recognize the full 4GB of memory whether it is a Mac or a PC. The problem is that some PC manufactures have been advertizing theirs as having up to 4GB but in reality they only recognize a little over 3GB. They typically state in the fine print "all memory may not be available" or something along those lines. The MacBook Pros can recognize a little over 3GB with 4GB installed as well but Apple decided not to push the BS that far.

Thanks, 1984. I did thinkit was odd that Apple was only stating 3GB while others 4GB. It's good to see Apple being more straightforward here.
  • Reply 91 of 124
    innovainnova Posts: 13member
    no led backlight?
  • Reply 92 of 124
    Time to go back to work.
  • Reply 93 of 124
    buckbuck Posts: 293member
    Not much of an update.

The resolution is the same, most everything is the same except the video card and memory configuration... Unless they have introduced LED backlighting and 'forgot' to mention that.
  • Reply 94 of 124
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buck View Post

Not much of an update.

The resolution is the same, most everything is the same except the video card and memory configuration... Unless they have introduced LED backlighting and 'forgot' to mention that.

What else were you expecting? A 3 ghz merom?
  • Reply 95 of 124
    No...

Display’s the thing

A great video processor powers a great display. The new MacBook Pro is available in 15-inch models with a new mercury-free, power-efficient LED-backlit display and a 17-inch model with an optional 1920-by-1200 pixel display.

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/
  • Reply 96 of 124
    synpsynp Posts: 248member
    Slight spec-bump.

4 GB now possible

higher res will have to wait for Leopard (4 months is not "around the corner" enough to put up with too small GUI elements)

Other changes (LED backlight, new enclosure) will wait for that major update.
  • Reply 97 of 124
    paprochypaprochy Posts: 129member
    I was afraid of this day. That this update would make my c2d mbp look outdated. But it seems that the changes weren't that drastic after all. I know it's kind of twisted but I am sort of relieved.
  • Reply 98 of 124
    oxidoxid Posts: 19member

is more interesting

LED BACKLIGHT!!
  • Reply 99 of 124
    innovainnova Posts: 13member
    sweet there it is...hmmmm led, might have to buy one now
  • Reply 100 of 124
    synpsynp Posts: 248member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scharf_10 View Post

No...

Display?s the thing

A great video processor powers a great display. The new MacBook Pro is available in 15-inch models with a new mercury-free, power-efficient LED-backlit display and a 17-inch model with an optional 1920-by-1200 pixel display.

Just noticed the LED and optional high-res display on the 17". Guess they believe that the 1920x1200 is not too much of a stretch for a 17".