iPhone: Safari ad, unofficial hands-on, anti-interference patent

123457

Comments

  • Reply 121 of 150
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 30,562member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


    Yaaaawn.



    I think, overall, people are getting a bit ants-y. (I've noticed the same phenomenon previously, on AI, in the days leading up to a major Apple event and/or new product introduction).



    Confirmed. \
  • Reply 122 of 150
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Strictly speaking the internet is a means of accessing the world wide web.



    However I think your analogies are very confusing Mr H. I think what you meant to say was this:



    The internet is a road

    The internet browser is a car

    The web is your end destination (say your house on a housing estate)



    You use your car to drive along the road to reach your end destination.



    However, Apple is not marketing the iPhone at computer geeks, they are marketing it at the general public, most of which interchange the terms web and internet without thinking about it.
  • Reply 123 of 150
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBaggins View Post






    .



  • Reply 124 of 150
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 448member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post


    It's still a so called political joke, which we don't need, even if you give yourself a cartoon name.



  • Reply 125 of 150
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,698member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post


    You reap what you sow.



    I did not persecute anyone.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post


    Well, maybe if you hadn't come in guns blazing about how awful it was that apple used the concise, one-word "internet" instead of cumbersome elmer-fud phrase "world wide web" followed by vociferously denouncing those who said "who the hell cares?



    Don't dish it out if you can't take it.



    Just saying.....



    I did not "vociferously denounce" anyone who said "who the hell cares". Most of the arguing centred around the road+newspaper analogy (which I stand by as being a good analogy).



    When I propose an idea that is then denounced as "retarded" and "stupid", without explanation, and then when I try to defend myself am called a "tick with lyme desease", told to "get a life", etc. etc. then I reserve the right to feel persecuted.
  • Reply 126 of 150
    cleverboycleverboy Posts: 84member
    Um. Uh... Apple rewrote Rosetta to dynamically recompile x86 code to ARM. They didn't want Adobe writing a native Flash plugin for secrecy and timing reasons. iPhone will have Flash.



    That's my guess anywho. That is all.
  • Reply 127 of 150
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 30,562member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post


    I did not perscute anyone.







    I did not "vociferously denounce" anyone who said "who the hell cares". Most of the arguing centred around the road+newspaper analogy (which I stand by as being a good analogy).



    When I propose an idea that is then denounced as "retarded" and "stupid", without explanation, and then when I try to defend myself am called a "tick with lyme desease", told to "get a life", etc. etc. then I reserve the right to feel persecuted.



  • Reply 128 of 150
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,698member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post










    If you'd care to point to the places where I've persecuted people?



    If you'd care to explain how calling someone "a tick with lyme disease" is not a personal attack, and is in fact a well-reasoned argument against someone else's idea, that would be nice.
  • Reply 129 of 150
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 31,330member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post






    If you'd care to point to the places where I've persecuted people?



    If you'd care to explain how calling someone "a tick with lyme disease" is not a personal attack, and is in fact a well-reasoned argument against someone else's idea, that would be nice.



    Don't worry about it. Look at what some people have called me.



    No one will care come next thread.
  • Reply 130 of 150
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 18,871member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post


    No one will care come next thread.



    That is a good observation! (Our memories about things that happened to us somehow seem to be longer than others' memories of things that happened to us!).
  • Reply 131 of 150
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBaggins View Post


    In an attempt to improve the environment of this sucky thread, I give you the following.











    .



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post


    They just don't make these --> <-- big enough for this picture!





    Agreed. I was incapacitated for a couple of minutes the first time I saw that pic from laughing so hard.



    Anyhoo, is this thread dead yet or what? One can dream.



    .
  • Reply 132 of 150
    eric1285eric1285 Posts: 29member
    I wonder if actual web browsing (even off of wifi) will be anything like what's shown in the ad. I'm guessing not.
  • Reply 133 of 150
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post


    They just don't make these --> <-- big enough for this picture!



  • Reply 134 of 150
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 31,330member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post






    Oh, that's good. I'm going to use some of theirs.
  • Reply 135 of 150
    irelandireland Posts: 17,521member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryukyu View Post


    Wait!!!

    Didn't Al Gore invent the internet???!!! that would have made him, like, 8 or 9 years old when he invented it!!

    No wonder so many people think he's so intelligent.



    Well he's God compared to your current president.
  • Reply 136 of 150
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wojciechowski View Post


    BTW... I was at taco bell today and a guy in front of me had an iPhone. I don't know who he was, but he let me play with it for a few minutes. It was awesome. It was so smooth and elegant and worked very well... Can I now have a mention on a front page article on AI that adds nothing to what we already know? BTW... I promise this really did happen.



    I'm going to start hanging out at 10710 S. DeAnza Blvd in Cupertino!
  • Reply 137 of 150
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    Well he's God compared to your current president.



    True that. Calling Dubya a sub-moron would be an insult to sub-morons.



    The end of our long national nightmare (January 20, 2009) can't come soon enough.



    .
  • Reply 138 of 150
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBaggins View Post


    True that. Calling Dubya a sub-moron would be an insult to sub-morons.



    The end of our long national nightmare (January 20, 2009) can't come soon enough.



    .



    Like the nightmare is ever going to end. Sure it would be hard to do worse than bush and his cronies have done since 2001. But the system is F*cked all around. There is no fixing it at this point unless the american public gets some collective balls and puts a third party into the congress, senate, and white house. And even then it is a long shot that any good will come of it. The amount of power given to those in office will corrupt no matter who is put in there. Corporations and Money control the system beyond repair at this point.



    So sit back and just watch the downward spiral of this country continue. The fall is inevitable. The future will either hold a massive revolution or a continuation toward a complete Orwellian society. And if we keep putting the same republicans and democrats in there that we have, it will surely be the latter.



    "I'll show you politics in America right here, 'I believe the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.' 'Well, I believe the puppet on the left is more to my liking.' Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding up both puppets! 'Go back to bed, America, your government is in control. Here's Love Connection, watch this and get fat and stupid. By the way, keep drinking beer.'"

    - Bill Hicks
  • Reply 139 of 150
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wojciechowski View Post


    Like the nightmare is ever going to end. Sure it would be hard to do worse than bush and his cronies have done since 2001. But the system is F*cked all around. There is no fixing it at this point unless the american public gets some collective balls and puts a third party into the congress, senate, and white house. And even then it is a long shot that any good will come of it. The amount of power given to those in office will corrupt no matter who is put in there. Corporations and Money control the system beyond repair at this point.



    So sit back and just watch the downward spiral of this country continue. The fall is inevitable. The future will either hold a massive revolution or a continuation toward a complete Orwellian society. And if we keep putting the same republicans and democrats in there that we have, it will surely be the latter.



    "I'll show you politics in America right here, 'I believe the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.' 'Well, I believe the puppet on the left is more to my liking.' Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding up both puppets! 'Go back to bed, America, your government is in control. Here's Love Connection, watch this and get fat and stupid. By the way, keep drinking beer.'"

    - Bill Hicks



    I don't agree that the Democratic and Republican parties are exactly the same (Nader said the same thing in 2000, and ended up being very much wrong), especially on things like social issues (though I will agree that both are too beholden to large corporate interests). However, I'm not willing to turn this thread into a political debate, as I've already made a great deal of fun of it for going so far off track, and do not feel like being a hypocrite.



    In closing, I'll just say that pretty much anyone will be an improvement over the D-bags in power currently. To what degree, is a debate for you and someone else to have.



    .
  • Reply 140 of 150
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post






    If you'd care to point to the places where I've persecuted people?



    If you'd care to explain how calling someone "a tick with lyme disease" is not a personal attack, and is in fact a well-reasoned argument against someone else's idea, that would be nice.



    dude everyone was making fun of you to begin with because you were being so anal about the terminology thing and you're still being anal, you could have saved yourself by at least being able to laugh at yourself lol

    just relaaaaaaax H! nobody knows who you are so nothing's *really* a personal attack on you, just on some anal comments.



    if it really makes you feel better you can keep marching on with that nerd flag trying to educate all the stupid people about proper technocabulary...



    but nobody cares



    it's not just you though...I wonder what it is about AI or computers in general or forums or whatever that makes people so f#@[email protected]#$^ obnoxiously anal about absolutely EVERYTHING...like come on guys do we really need to correct each other's grammar on a forum? For real? Are ya serious? I understand you feel as if you're waging some war against ignorance or something but really...I'd expect different from mac heads I guess. It seems like posting on this forum turns everyone into the pc guy's even dweebier little brother (I'll call him morton). All you mortons need to relaaax



    come on guys, we're talking about computers here and it should be fun (if that's what you're into)...if you are really getting upset or worked up about some little technology fact you need to take a step back, slap the geek in the mirror, and get out of the house.



    hmmm...this may mean I am a geek too by extension? Just for even posting this?



    <morton>BTW, who here remembers Kormac?? those were the days.</morton>

    *slaps the geek in the mirror and jumps out the window*
Sign In or Register to comment.