Who is using Safari as their main browser?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 76
    [quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto:

<strong>If I were to add a suggestion here, it would be to save bookmarks to the Sites folder</strong><hr></blockquote>This is not the purpose of the Sites folder. This directory is the default location for the apache web server to host pages for individual users. For example, turn on your web sharing and go to <a href="http://127.0.0.1/~yourusername"; target="_blank">http://127.0.0.1/~yourusername</a>; and you'll see what I mean.
  • Reply 62 of 76
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>

Have you tried sherlock's auction watcher feature? I've used it a couple times and it worked fine.</strong><hr></blockquote>

ive tried and it never worked well for me always forgot which auctions I was tracking...guess ill give it another shot

btw, apple.com now identifies safri users.....

• Reply 63 of 76
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    I'm using Safari 95% of the time. Only switch to IE on few pages Safari can't handle
  • Reply 64 of 76
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    alright...can anyone check this

.Mac -&gt; iCards -&gt; create your own

the pictures folder listing never comes up in safari.

can it be that apple's own site doesnt work in their own browser?
  • Reply 65 of 76
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>alright...can anyone check this

.Mac -&gt; iCards -&gt; create your own

the pictures folder listing never comes up in safari.

can it be that apple's own site doesnt work in their own browser?</strong><hr></blockquote>

.Mac uses some pretty sophisticated javascript and stuff, so I'm not surprised. A little disappointed, but not surprised.
  • Reply 66 of 76
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

btw, apple.com now identifies safri users.....

</strong><hr></blockquote>

All we need now is for them to give discounts to us. That would really speed adoption rates.
  • Reply 67 of 76
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Me. Just needs Tabs and AutoFill, but then, I just installed TypeIt4Me.

gah, and no Brushed Metal. Try Metallifizer, it makes Safari so much easier on the eyes.
  • Reply 68 of 76
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Aquatic:

<strong>

gah, and no Brushed Metal. Try Metallifizer, it makes Safari so much easier on the eyes.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Really? I think Safari is the one app that brushed metal looks good in.
  • Reply 69 of 76
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I would agree, Eman. I like the brushed metal on Safari.
  • Reply 70 of 76
    [quote]Originally posted by superkaratemonkeydeathcar:

<strong>i don't like the fact that you can't access the bookmark menu from the pulldown menu. (i know it's on the menu bar but old habits die hard)</strong><hr></blockquote>

hear, hear! definetily!
  • Reply 71 of 76
    Safari here. I am using the jungle style from Lioness. it works with the motif
  • Reply 72 of 76
    [quote]Originally posted by kcmac:

<strong>I would agree, Eman. I like the brushed metal on Safari.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think so too. I was turned off initially, but it has since grown on me.
  • Reply 73 of 76
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    I've switched, though I still use Chimera for the Mac Ach over on Ars, whose new design relies heavely on javascript.
  • Reply 74 of 76
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    [quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:

<strong>

I think so too. I was turned off initially, but it has since grown on me.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Same here.
  • Reply 75 of 76
    Sweet little touches in this browser. Drag an image and it becomes semi-transparent. Drag a link, and it's nicely formatted, semi-transparent again. Nice little elegant touches in this thing and it's only a beta. Ok, the other browsers do the translucent thing, but it just looks better in Safari. (and the link thing is really cool looking)
  • Reply 76 of 76
    i just noticed the transparent drag too, i'm like....wha.....?

i don't miss autophil (hehe) he was always getting me into trouble on a few recipe sites (instead of 10 ounces it'd read 1011 south ave.....)

but i would like the keychain thingy that chimera has....that was really useful, and easy to deal with.

[ 01-23-2003: Message edited by: superkaratemonkeydeathcar ]</p>