Destroyed the BT Keyboard.

>_>>_>
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Standard:

Bluetooth:

Thanks. How about all the people who use external keyboard as an ALTERNATIVE to their retarded little laptop keyboard?

Laptop owners are the ones who do not want cables. Give us the full-size keyboard. Fuck!

- Xidius

Comments

• Reply 1 of 43
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    I am extremely disappointed right now. It's completely retarded. People using desktop computers use them so that they can receive full-functionality. If you're sitting at your desk, and you are playing a game like (gee I dunno) world of warcraft, which requires many many buttons to play coherently.. I mean, FUCK.

There is no way I am running a cable across my clean clear glass desk, for 2 feet, then to dangle up and around to my laptop. That's just retarded. Give us a full-size BT keyboard. ~_~

- Xidius
  • Reply 2 of 43
    Introducing the new Bluetooth Mighty Mouse:

The perfect crippled compliment to your new crippled keyboard.

- Xidius
  • Reply 3 of 43
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member
    Yeah. This is odd. Maybe Apple intends for the BT keyboard to be used with the Apple TV. But I agree that a wireless, full keyboard would be preferred.

- Jasen.

P.S. And I think the F-keys are too close to the other keys on both keyboards; there should be more vertical separation.
  • Reply 4 of 43
    They are taking a beautiful peripheral, which could have made many pro-customers (all Aluminum hardware) very happy, and turning it into something that says "I don't actually use my computer for anything productive!" ....... "Unless I want to run a wire across and under my desk"

- Xidius
  • Reply 5 of 43
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    I think they should offer the mini keyboard and full size in both wired and wireless. I like both.
  • Reply 6 of 43
    That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

BT keyboard.
  • Reply 7 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by >_> View Post

Introducing the new Bluetooth Mighty Mouse\\

Errrr.... scroll wheel?!? Anyone?
  • Reply 8 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ActionJaxon View Post

Errrr.... scroll wheel?!? Anyone?

Like I said:

The perfect crippled compliment to your new crippled keyboard.

- Xidius
  • Reply 9 of 43
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    The new keyboard is a really cool keyboard for sofa surfers, nice and small - a great match for the under TV Mac mini. I just wish that they offered a full sized bluetooth keyboard that I could get to go with the new iMac. I've not used a USB keyboard for two years, but it looks like my desk is going to have to be wired again.

I hope they add a full sized bluetooth keyboard in the not too distant future.
  • Reply 10 of 43
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I'd be more worried if this was their bundled keyboard. However, this is an add on and if it doesn't suit you, you are free to get a 3rd party BT keyboard.
  • Reply 11 of 43
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

I'd be more worried if this was their bundled keyboard. However, this is an add on and if it doesn't suit you, you are free to get a 3rd party BT keyboard.

The Apple keyboards we have all been using are still nice... I never found the wireless keyboard very useful without USB ports....
  • Reply 12 of 43
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Wow so this gets its own thread huh?

The school of thought from Apple regarding this BT KB has to be centered around mobility. The new KB are amazingly thin and space efficient. Now what is more likely.

a. Heavy data entry will be done at a computer station or floating around an environment.

b. That a person that absolutely requires a wireless KB actually needs a numeric keypad versus something that fits in their totebag.

Say Apple delivers a Tablet Mac and wants a KB that is small enough to take along with the Tablet.....surprised that KB was just created. Say Apple wants to bring Apple TV support and bundles a BT USB receiver they have the ideal KB.

If someone needs a wireless KB with a full numeric keypad then this isn't your product. Deal with it. Because you don't understand the motives behind the choice doesn't mean Apple made the wrong choice.

Crippled doesn't not mean features are missing unless you're proferring a very liberal interpretation of the word.
  • Reply 13 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

QFT!! You people are idiots. If you dont like it dont buy it. Nobody is shoving a gun down your throat.

I happen to never use my numeric key pad and dont need a massive wireless keyboard thats ment to be mobile.
  • Reply 14 of 43
    grahamwgrahamw Posts: 575member
    Personally I think the BT keyboard is perfect. I can see myself using it for slightly more interactive presentations or on the couch. The only reason I have a wireless keyboard for my PC at work is because the actual computer sits under my desk, having a wire running up to my "monitor" wouldn't be an eyesore or a hassle.

Really, this thread is much ado about nothing.
  • Reply 15 of 43
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by G_Warren View Post

The new keyboard is a really cool keyboard for sofa surfers

Except it isn't because it doesn't have a built-in trackpad.
  • Reply 16 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Wow so this gets its own thread huh?

The school of thought from Apple regarding this BT KB has to be centered around mobility. The new KB are amazingly thin and space efficient. Now what is more likely.

a. Heavy data entry will be done at a computer station or floating around an environment.

b. That a person that absolutely requires a wireless KB actually needs a numeric keypad versus something that fits in their totebag.

Say Apple delivers a Tablet Mac and wants a KB that is small enough to take along with the Tablet.....surprised that KB was just created. Say Apple wants to bring Apple TV support and bundles a BT USB receiver they have the ideal KB.

If someone needs a wireless KB with a full numeric keypad then this isn't your product. Deal with it. Because you don't understand the motives behind the choice doesn't mean Apple made the wrong choice.

Crippled doesn't not mean features are missing unless you're proferring a very liberal interpretation of the word.

Apple isn't centred around mobility.

Apple is centred around aesthetic.

If Apple TV gets upgraded to need a Keyboard then (surprise) they can make one when needed.

Xidius makes some pretty decent points about pro users, cables on desks, complex (pro) programs, and poeple wanting a real keyboard for their laptop, all making a big market for full wireless option from apple. Pity they're marketing to the couch surfers instead.

(Although, the next TV upgrade I get is going to have a mac mini and slim BT keyboard factored in.)
  • Reply 17 of 43
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waytogobuddy View Post

Apple isn't centred around mobility.

Apple is centred around aesthetic.

If Apple TV gets upgraded to need a Keyboard then (surprise) they can make one when needed.

Xidius makes some pretty decent points about pro users, cables on desks, complex (pro) programs, and poeple wanting a real keyboard for their laptop, all making a big market for full wireless option from apple. Pity they're marketing to the couch surfers instead.

(Although, the next TV upgrade I get is going to have a mac mini and slim BT keyboard factored in.)

Mobility and aethetic are not mutually exclusive. One could say that Macbook/Macbook Pro and iPods are the personification of the happy marriage between aesthetics and mobility. There's little need to create a 3rd KB just for the Apple TV. Add Bluetooth support and this mini KB will work just fine.

Pro users do not care about cables as long as they can jack the right equipment. Somewhat cluttered environments are the norm. I'll see a mastering station every now and then that is really clean or color grading but these are fairly specialized audio and video needs.

Judging from the rest of the responsesin this thread I don't think we're anywhere close to a consensus supporting Apple screwing up the BT keyboard.
  • Reply 18 of 43
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    I actually think its ok. I would use the full keyboard on a desk, and the small one off the desk , across the room for example. If you have ever tried, its not very fun to use a full sized keyboard on your lap. Also, with the full keyboard you wont have to change batteries. Now only if apple had wireless charging.
  • Reply 19 of 43
    rezwitsrezwits Posts: 879member
    They have to have some kind of scrolling though for the mouse, that is a must now days. One you start scrolling you never can go back.
  • Reply 20 of 43
    hujibhujib Posts: 117member
    Although I agree that there should be a full-size BT keyboard, I'm happy to see the "lap-approved" mini version. As far as I'm concerned this only means one thing:

Mini Wireless Keyboard = Major AppleTV Software Update (Web, Email, Widgets & Games)

Oh... and finally video content available on the Canadian iTunes Store