Well, it's time: E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Comments

• Reply 241 of 286
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I think GB has as much chance of beating NE as NY does, which is to say, about 5%.

If NY doesn't get consistent pressure in Favre's face (like the first time they played when he completed something like 18 passes in a row), it will quite likely be a slaughter. If NY does get consistent pressure in Favre's face, then it's a toss-up.

It's hard to take a whole lot from when they played in week two though. GB has a much better running game now, and NY has a much better pass rush now.
  • Reply 242 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Wha wha wha... Call the fucking whambulance. It's a double standard and very few people care anymore. Being called a "fag" is hardly the insult it once was.

I'd try calling the sarcastic police first...
  • Reply 243 of 286
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I still can't believe the Chargers bear the Colts. The Colts played like shit in that game.

The Chargers beat the Colts twice this year. Maybe just like the Bears beating the Packers twice this year they just had Indy's number.
  • Reply 244 of 286
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    SNIFF SNIFF.....that's my quarterback.....SNIFF SNIFF....my....team.....
  • Reply 245 of 286
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by O-Mac View Post

SNIFF SNIFF.....that's my quarterback.....SNIFF SNIFF....my....team.....

What a little girl he is. A little girl with a beard now, apparently.
  • Reply 246 of 286
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    The Chargers kept it close and played their hearts out, but just too many injuries to contend with.

My feelings are mixed towards the Patriots going undefeated, I can't stand Bellichick or the cheating scandal; and they are the current fair weather fan team, which I also hate.

But it would be good for the players to be able to add being undefeated onto all of their other achievements over the last several years. Bellichick may be a cheating, score running up asshat, but it still comes down to the players on the field. I'd also like for Junior Seau to finally get his ring. (I've liked the Chargers since being stationed out there in the early 90's, hard to believe Junior is still playing!!)
  • Reply 247 of 286
    Being an asshat is probably better than being a "faggoty hat" I suppose...
  • Reply 248 of 286
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Let's keep this OT, people!

• Reply 249 of 286
    Giants win again.

This team is hot. It'll be hard to hold the Patriots under 21 in the Superbowl, but hey, you never know. Plaxico Burress played the best game I've ever seen him play. If he plays like that, and the Giants defense (particularly the line) plays well again and pressures Brady, they actually might have a shot. I was actually with them when they played in Week 17.

That being said, it'll be on a grander stage and at a neutral site, so my money still goes to New England...
  • Reply 250 of 286
    Yeah baby!
  • Reply 251 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Giants win again.

This team is hot. It'll be hard to hold the Patriots under 21 in the Superbowl, but hey, you never know. Plaxico Burress played the best game I've ever seen him play. If he plays like that, and the Giants defense (particularly the line) plays well again and pressures Brady, they actually might have a shot. I was actually with them when they played in Week 17.

That being said, it'll be on a grander stage and at a neutral site, so my money still goes to New England...

Who knows at this point. I still think the Giants and Manning are total frauds. GB played a crappy game and the Giants still barely won. In fact, Farve lost it for them with that pick.

I guess I have to root for New England even though I hate Bellicheat and company. I really want to see Eli sacked back to stone age while Tom Coughlin's head literally explodes on the sidelines.
  • Reply 252 of 286
    Quote:

The bookies would agree. However, both teams are quite capable of playing in lousy and nice conditions. The Giants benefit from being in the NFC East, so their defense has to be first-rate, but, of course, they play the Patriots. The Giants came close in the final game of the regular season, and I honestly think this the best team the NFC could have put up against the Pats.
  • Reply 253 of 286
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Brady seen wearing "walking cast"

The Patriots are so dramatic. They're not fooling anyone with that "cast."
  • Reply 254 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

Brady seen wearing "walking cast"

The Patriots are so dramatic. They're not fooling anyone with that "cast."

I was not aware that he was getting Leo's sloppy seconds. Awesome. She's from the land of futebol, if I'm not mistaken, so he's probably just visiting for some tea, pleasant conversation, and a caring application of magic spray for that "leg injury."
  • Reply 255 of 286
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Leo's moved on.

Bar Rafael or whatever her name is smokes Giselle!
  • Reply 256 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

Leo's moved on.

Bar Rafael or whatever her name is smokes Giselle!

Sounds like a trendy NY wine bar. Some web research reveals otherwise. I dig the fact that he dumped one supermodel for another -- someone has to do it, and so far it hasn't been me!

Ummm. Go Giants.
  • Reply 257 of 286
    Quote:

Giants win again.

Sean Salisbury eat your heart out...
  • Reply 258 of 286
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Yeah, great game. Congrats to the Giants.

It actually makes me happy that GB lost. You need a great pass-rush to beat NE, which GB does not have.
  • Reply 259 of 286
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    And so the Lombardi trophy comes BACK to the NFC....WHOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so we wait for training camp in Lehigh...
  • Reply 260 of 286
    <BUMP>

Eagles sign league's top corner....Asante Samuel.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...fHzIgD8V4GHRG0

Now, you're probably expecting me to do a victory dance. Not so. I think he'll make a great addition. But they were really fine at corner, so unless they are going to can Lito Shepard, I don't know as it's a move I understand. Of course, they might move Sheldon Brown to to Safety...he played that position in college.

Right...well next step: Kick returner. After that, Defensive End. Last piece will be a little wideout help.