Apple to offer early iPhone adopters $100 credit - Jobs

17810121316

Comments

  • Reply 181 of 314
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post


    An article from MacWorld today:



    http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/09...veyu/index.php



    'strapped for cash' college students are gonna pay $60/mnth for a cell phone? I doubt it, but priveledged college students might.
  • Reply 182 of 314
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post


    I agree with that as well.



    why do you always have 10,330 posts - shouldn't the number be changing each time?
  • Reply 183 of 314
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


    7) I think that the early buyers who stuck their necks out and complained took their lumps in the form of major abuse in the last 24 hours in forums like these, that's for sure.



    But I am afraid that now the shoe is on the other foot. Those of you who were busy name-calling yesterday ("whiners," "bitches," patsies," "crybabies," etc. etc...... I could go on with the epithets) need to now swallow hard, and move on, like mature adults.





    Well, either that, or they could claim that "nobody won" (lol), and/or continue hurling "whiner" insults, as many are still doing.



    The horse has left the barn, people. Just let it go, and move on.







    .
  • Reply 184 of 314
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


    A few random thoughts:



    7) I think that the early buyers who stuck their necks out and complained took their lumps in the form of major abuse in the last 24 hours in forums like these, that's for sure. But I am afraid that now the shoe is on the other foot. Those of you who were busy name-calling yesterday ("whiners," "bitches," patsies," "crybabies," etc. etc...... I could go on with the epithets) need to now swallow hard, and move on, like mature adults.



    Swallow hard and move on? Like you did yesterday when you were begging for ringtones cause of the price reduction? Good one ana, and BTW you were bitching.
  • Reply 185 of 314
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post


    I agree with that as well.





    Us agreeing? Mel, don't make me look around for signs of the impending Apocalypse.



    .
  • Reply 186 of 314
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBaggins View Post


    Well, either that, or they could claim that "nobody won" (lol), and/or continue hurling "whiner" insults, as many are still doing.



    The horse has left the barn, people. Just let it go, and move on.







    .



    Yeah, cause we all saw how the real fanboys stand up to fight Apple, they take to the message boards complaining instead of thinking before they purchase.
  • Reply 187 of 314
    Dup post
  • Reply 188 of 314
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


    I think that the early buyers who stuck their necks out and complained took their lumps in the form of major abuse in the last 24 hours in forums like these, that's for sure. But I am afraid that now the shoe is on the other foot. Those of you who were busy name-calling yesterday ("whiners," "bitches," patsies," "crybabies," etc. etc...... I could go on with the epithets) need to now swallow hard, and move on, like mature adults.





    Are you delirious? You think just because Apple were forced into throwing a bone to all the crybabies that somehow that makes them right? Its like a tired mother giving in to a child who is throwing a tantrum, it does not meant the child was right all along it just means the mother cannot be arsed hearing the screaming anymore.



    I cannot see how you think for a minute that this decision by Apple is a vindication of your actions? Crazy. And as for the "Move on like mature adults" line, OH MY GOD, is that not what everyone was telling you to do yesterday?



    The shoe is not on the other foot you fool, you all still look as greedy and stupid as you did yesterday.
  • Reply 189 of 314
    no matter what, everyone had the right to say what they feel. apple and any other company has the right to listen or not listen to the customer.



    i am glad that i am getting this store credit, like i said yesterday, i was on the site looking at the new ipods for the kids. i saw the price cut and was bummed. i thought "wow, that extra money would of been the ipods". now, i will go to the apple store and buy 2 ipods and apple will get $200 more from me, just for giving me a $200 store credit. (I got 2 iphones)



    there is not too much in the apple store for $100, most with the credit will spend more money and in the end it is a total win for apple.



    and yes i did send an email, but we all have the right to voice our thoughts!
  • Reply 190 of 314
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steviet02 View Post


    Swallow hard and move on? Like you did yesterday when you were begging for ringtones cause of the price reduction? Good one ana, and BTW you were bitching.



    Oh, quit it, steviet02..... please don't draw further attention to what I thought was a particularly egregiously abusive post (amongst all of them), and make yourself look further like an intemperate ass that you sounded like. I am sure that is not how you are normally. Indeed, I vaguely recall that you even quasi-apologized later.



    Would you like me to cut and paste those?



    PS: For what it's worth, I am more than able to afford the ringtones I need, and do not have to "beg" for it. As a more general point, I don't beg for anything in life.
  • Reply 191 of 314
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steviet02 View Post


    Yeah, cause we all saw how the real fanboys stand up to fight Apple, they take to the message boards complaining instead of thinking before they purchase.



  • Reply 192 of 314
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by murphyweb View Post


    Are you delirious? You think just because Apple were forced into throwing a bone to all the crybabies that somehow that makes them right? Its like a tired mother giving in to a child who is throwing a tantrum, it does not meant the child was right all along it just means the mother cannot be arsed hearing the screaming anymore.



    I cannot see how you think for a minute that this decision by Apple is a vindication of your actions? Crazy. And as for the "Move on like mature adults" line, OH MY GOD, is that not what everyone was telling you to do yesterday?



    The shoe is not on the other foot you fool, you all still look as greedy and stupid as you did yesterday.



    Thanks for proving my point.



    (Hope your mom knows you're online screaming.)
  • Reply 193 of 314
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steviet02 View Post


    Yeah, cause we all saw how the real fanboys stand up to fight Apple, they take to the message boards complaining instead of thinking before they purchase.





    Mm... I don't think 'they didn't think before they bought' is really a valid argument in this case. Apple, after all, has a history of NOT doing huge early price drops, but rather, of maintaining prices as long as possible (features/capacity usually gets added instead).



    There's really no way the early adopters could've seen it coming. $200 drop less than 10 weeks out? Let's be fair here... NO ONE was predicting that. \



    .
  • Reply 194 of 314
    S.J should have let the cry babies cry. The few that left the fold would be back for the Leopard
  • Reply 195 of 314
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member




    LOL.





    .
  • Reply 196 of 314
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 17,738member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onceuponamac View Post


    this isn't from the goodness of apple's heart - they obviously got advice from their counsel that they were at risk for a claim - - -



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onceuponamac View Post


    I think you're wrong - for reasons I've posted in other threads - i think the likihood of valid claims was high - i'm sure the class action attorneys are disappointed because at a minimum a likely settlment was just cut in half...



    The beautiful thing about the internet is that people can just pull things out of their asses and post them as fact. There is NO legal case here. A company lowered the price of a product. They never claimed they wouldn't do so. As I posted in the main thread on this, any such suit would be laughed out of court.
  • Reply 197 of 314
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 1,941member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


    A true give back would have been in the form of 100.00 rebate checks.




    Sure, but I have yet to read one opinion that convinced me that anybody deserved any "give back" at all.



    Apple could have done nothing and been guilty of nothing more than an inelegant price drop. Instead they have determined that this solution will be better for the bottom line in the long run. Good for them. Wish I had money to buy stock. Heck, I wish I had money to buy an iPod Touch. Maybe if I whine enough...
  • Reply 198 of 314
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


    Thanks for proving my point.



    (Hope your mom knows you're online screaming.)



    What the hell are you talking about??



    Don't even begin to think that my post proves your point, that is a very childish response, my post was there to highlight your ridiculous statements about how Apple throwing you a bone somewhow vindicates your actions.



    And please explain how taking my post and making certain words bold change anything, how does that mean i was screaming, in fact what was your point? was there a point? And if my mom was alive she probably would not mind even if i was screaming, she would have been just as eager to find out if you actually have a point as i am.



    To repeat, a victory earned by making yourself look like a fool is not really a victory and it certainly does not make anyone else who called you a fool wrong.
  • Reply 199 of 314
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 17,738member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onceuponamac View Post


    this isn't from the goodness of apple's heart - they obviously got advice from their counsel that they were at risk for a claim - - -



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onceuponamac View Post


    I think you're wrong - for reasons I've posted in other threads - i think the likihood of valid claims was high - i'm sure the class action attorneys are disappointed because at a minimum a likely settlment was just cut in half...



    The beautiful thing about the internet is that people can just pull things out of their asses and post them as fact. There is NO legal case here. A company lowered the price of a product. They never claimed they wouldn't do so. As I posted in the main thread on this, any such suit would be laughed out of court.
  • Reply 200 of 314
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


    PS: For what it's worth, I am more than able to afford the ringtones I need, and do not have to "beg" for it. As a more general point, I don't beg for anything in life.



    Not anything?
Sign In or Register to comment.