Customizing the Leopard Dock

Comments

• Reply 41 of 64
    ah, mango, i want to dl your collection, but mediafire's download1 isn't working for me..

also, i can't seem to edit it either. it says insufficient privilege. even though i set everyone to read and write.
  • Reply 42 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Yeah I didn't like the s-curve either. It's looking good. One other thing I changed before was the small white strip at the front of the Dock. It's hardly noticeable until you change it. Also, typing killall Dock needs the capital D.

What file do you edit to change the small white strip in the front of the dock?
  • Reply 43 of 64
    l255jl255j Posts: 57member
    Daffy_Duck, would you please upload your Dock files? Your dock looks awesome.
  • Reply 44 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CoreyMac View Post

What file do you edit to change the small white strip in the front of the dock?

frontline.png
  • Reply 45 of 64
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Judging from what I read here, it must be a matter of time before someone comes up with a utility editing the Dock graphics on the fly using Core Image and manipulating the Dock preferences as sysadmin.
  • Reply 46 of 64
    quick customization question:

is there a way to increase translucency for menubars? i saw someone do it with terminal, and i was wondering if there was some command to let you do that.

thanks
  • Reply 47 of 64
    Here are some dock floors that I made using images of hardwoods.

My favorite is the Cocobolo one (Top Image), but the Purpleheart (Middle Image) is second. The Paduak (Bottom Image) didn't turn out as well as I thought it would. I guess it really depends on your background.

I also included my app indicator. I don't love it, but its bigger and more noticeable.

Inside the zip is a Dock Images folder with the Dock "floors" in separate folders. I haven't customized the Dock Separators at all. Just drag the indicators and the images from whichever wood you like into /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources AFTER backing up and deleting the originals from that location.

http://genebogart.com/OJ/DockImages.zip
  • Reply 48 of 64
    heres a strange question. can someone who's fluent in photoshop or image editing change the current indicator from simply blue to red? i was hoping there was some way to put a tint over the image, but apparently Seashore doesn't support anything like that.

so thanks if anyone can take the time and effort to do that for me

~Alex
  • Reply 49 of 64
    i used an application called Acorn to put a black to blue gradient on the dock. works well with the backgrounds with earth behind them and some cool ones like the one i have as my background. I'm going to experiment with some other concepts.

• Reply 50 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bonsai1214 View Post

heres a strange question. can someone who's fluent in photoshop or image editing change the current indicator from simply blue to red? i was hoping there was some way to put a tint over the image, but apparently Seashore doesn't support anything like that.

so thanks if anyone can take the time and effort to do that for me

~Alex

Give this a shot.

http://rapidshare.com/files/67299552/Red_Indicators.zip
  • Reply 51 of 64
    that is excellent. thanks so much. i really need to get photoshop on this comp. cause i found a nice tutorial on how to make it.. haha

much more noticeable than the light blue ones.

• Reply 52 of 64
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    That Alfa looks like a Bugatti.
  • Reply 53 of 64
    Hey Everyone,

I created a site just for Leopard Dock designs - http://www.leoparddocks.com - Please submit all your designs there so I can begin developing this site! (The site is 100% FREE and I will always give credit to the original designer)

Thanks,

James
  • Reply 54 of 64
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeopardDocks View Post

Hey Everyone,

I created a site just for Leopard Dock designs - http://www.leoparddocks.com - Please submit all your designs there so I can begin developing this site! (The site is 100% FREE and I will always give credit to the original designer)

Thanks,

James

Yeah I know, saw you over on digg. That's actually a good idea, should come in handy browsing dock styles. Do yourself a favor a stick to that one thing, Leopard docks.
  • Reply 55 of 64
    Here's a closeup of the black dock with red indicators.

• Reply 56 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daffy_Duck View Post

Here's a closeup of the black dock with red indicators.

could you link this file?
  • Reply 57 of 64
    look up like 5 posts...
  • Reply 58 of 64

not as creative as some of the others i've seen.

this one was made by me.
  • Reply 59 of 64
    smeesmee Posts: 195member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iamjustin View Post

not as creative as some of the others i've seen.

this one was made by me.

Can you post the png???

I really like that!
  • Reply 60 of 64
    smeesmee Posts: 195member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeopardDocks View Post

Hey Everyone,

Thanks,

James

Awesome site!

Did you use an app to make the site? or an online thing?