Apple Entering The Television Market?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 62
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    You are right, the other posters didn't say anything about HD. I did.

But the point remains that Hollywood doesn't want people recording their content. They got behind the curve with SD and are smart enough to leave well enough alone. But they were at the forefront with HD and are the movers behind HDMI and the copy protection bit. They are doing every thing they can to prevent the copying of HD signals.
  • Reply 62 of 62
    heck, who needs a tv. just slap a cablecard slot in the next round of imacs and problem solved.

there is a market. there's got to be. i've been debating the whole 19in lcd tv with QAM tuner OR, hdhomerun+elgato eyetv+20in imac for some time now. it's not for my theater, or even bedroom. it's for my kitchen. problem is QAM is kind of sucky imo. comcast here moves the QAM channels around all the time and there are often audio issues (primarily lipsyncing issues) associated with QAM that i've experienced. had it at my last house in a bedroom with a tv and it drove me NUTS. moved an now have a tv in the bedroom with cablecard and it's been great. sure there's no guide and there's no on demand, but it's not the primary tv nor is it a computer.

hey, i can dream can't i?