So how many more of you would buy MacBook Air's

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 82
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karelia View Post

...and you waited until the TiBook to move up from a 160? I don't envy your Y2K.

I owned a business at that time and the 160 went from being my only computer when I bought it to basically running excell when I was not in the house. I did have desktop computers (a PowerComputing clone and a Blue and White). When I went into teaching, $$ was at a premium so I continued to use the 160 to do grades on in school. By then it was 10 years old but still worked fine for spreadsheets and faxing.

Upgrading to a TiBook opened up the possibility of Keynote presentation lessons and my life has never been better...except that I own iWork 08 and am afraid to install it for fear it will blow up my poor 1GHz processor--Leopard is already stretching me to the breaking point...

The Air would be such a step up for me and the portability would be nice, but I just can't see dropping almost 2 grand on it. Oh well...
  • Reply 82 of 82
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rogue68 View Post

Ah, but those of us hoping to buy a 12" or 13" MBP have lost the opportunity to buy those machines, because instead of the much requested 12" or 13" MBP Apple have given us the Air, which is, functionally, a very poor substitution.

??? You didn't lose the opportunity because it never existed.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

The MBA is selling better than the MB and the MBP....

I would be interested in seeing a verifiable source for that. I can't imagine for the life of me that this would be the case. But you never know...