Apple's MobileMe push service now live

Comments

• Reply 61 of 146
    The apple website changed the info - orginally they stated Wednesday the 8th. Now its Thursday the 9th. That sucks.

http://www.apple.com/support/dotmac/

MobileMe Launch

7/9/2008, 6pm-12am PT

As part of the MobileMe launch, www.mac.com

will be taken offline at 6pm PT on Wednesday, July 9th.
  • Reply 62 of 146
    bslaghtbslaght Posts: 40member
    but super slow and only working in FireFox 3.0, safari and IE7 are dead in the water.
  • Reply 63 of 146
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nicoleivy View Post

The apple website changed the info - orginally they stated Wednesday the 8th. Now its Thursday the 9th. That sucks.

On my calendar, Wednesday is the 9th, Thursday is the 10th.
  • Reply 64 of 146
    bslaghtbslaght Posts: 40member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bslaght View Post

but super slow and only working in FireFox 3.0, safari and IE7 are dead in the water.

and we're down again!
  • Reply 65 of 146
    The very least Apple could do is throw together a quick press release and throw it on the MobileMe website explaining why things are taking so long...give an ETA...something.

Where I work, if we take a system down and it runs past the scheduled up-time, we get info out to our users. They may still be impatient, anxious or angry, but they do like to be kept in the loop, and it comforts them on some level to know we're still working hard to get the system up.
  • Reply 66 of 146
    bigmigbigmig Posts: 77member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jabohn View Post

On my calendar, Wednesday is the 9th, Thursday is the 10th.

You can access your calendars? Clearly you must not be a .Mac/MobileMe customer.
  • Reply 67 of 146
    3:12pm.....It's up!!
  • Reply 68 of 146
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Mail just worked for me for the first time.
  • Reply 69 of 146
    And down again......
  • Reply 70 of 146
    uk_peteuk_pete Posts: 2member
    Surely the title of this item is completely wide of the Mark? When was Mobile Me live exactly? in the UK it's been down since 8am - it's now 9:30pm and I've been checking every 20-30 mins all day. It was live for few minutes around lunchtime but before I could login it went down again.

A several people have pointed out that mail is working to the desktop so why can't Apple give us some information as to why to why the .mac service is down and when it'll be working? After all we pay for this service and whilst I don't think I can argue to get a days fees back I do think they could do better than post a bland 'we'll be back soon' message'. I don't call 12 hours outage 'soon'
  • Reply 71 of 146
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    I have yet to see any sign of it being up. I've checked about a million times today.
  • Reply 72 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uk_pete View Post

Surely the title of this item is completely wide of the Mark? When was Mobile Me live exactly? in the UK it's been down since 8am - it's now 9:30pm and I've been checking every 20-30 mins all day. It was live for few minutes around lunchtime but before I could login it went down again.

A several people have pointed out that mail is working to the desktop so why can't Apple give us some information as to why to why the .mac service is down and when it'll be working? After all we pay for this service and whilst I don't think I can argue to get a days fees back I do think they could do better than post a bland 'we'll be back soon' message'. I don't call 12 hours outage 'soon'

I do think its time to revise the title!

Man, I would not want to be in charge of operations over this three day period...

Rolling out a new OS (iPhone 2.0), a new phone, a new AppleTV update, and an update to every service of on online provider, as well as a new applications store for the iPhone. I can feel the stress coming from Cupertino all the way across the country...

Heres hoping they straighten things out soon and it doesn't affect people too much... It looks like a great and needed upgrade to the service. I have been waiting to see my calendars online forever!
  • Reply 73 of 146
    uk_peteuk_pete Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wolfneuralnet View Post

I do think its time to revise the title!

Man, I would not want to be in charge of operations over this three day period...

Rolling out a new OS (iPhone 2.0), a new phone, a new AppleTV update, and an update to every service of on online provider, as well as a new applications store for the iPhone. I can feel the stress coming from Cupertino all the way across the country...

Heres hoping they straighten things out soon and it doesn't affect people too much... It looks like a great and needed upgrade to the service. I have been waiting to see my calendars online forever!

The main thing I've been waiting for is online calendars and it's well overdue!

Agree that they have taken a lot on in two days but as paying subscribers I'd appreciate an update after such a long outage. I'd expect it from my IT people at work and they would provide it.

If this has been Microsoft with such a delay I'd expect an Apple advert featuring Mac and PC - just goes to show how good Apple's PR is - and how bad MS PR is at missing an opportunity!
  • Reply 74 of 146
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Odd thing is, my .mac homepage is working fine.

I can view my homepage but I can't see any of my galleries. That's OK though because Apple's website says that service has been restored\
  • Reply 75 of 146
    Has anyone got MM or .Mac to work by going to the system prefs pane?

Mine's still showing the .Mac icon and says it can't login....
  • Reply 76 of 146
    saschkesaschke Posts: 67member
    "Apple early Thursday morning switched on MobileMe..."

no they didn't
  • Reply 77 of 146
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member
    I just went to view my .Mac personal web pages and the rendering of the pages is completely screwed up. I made the pages in iWeb and they looked fine 2 days ago. Now there are frames around text boxes, text is a different color....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

I can view my homepage but I can't see any of my galleries. That's OK though because Apple's website says that service has been restored\

• Reply 78 of 146
    My G5 at home loaded Mobile me in the System Pref Pane. However my work G4 and my Intel Laptop don't recognize the service yet.

I'm sure Senior Jobs knows about this and has a great deal of pressure on the web team. I mean $#!+, have you seen Pirates of Silicon Valley. I hope he doesn't throw their computers out the window!!!

I'm sure it will be up ASAP. With all the "Get a Mac" ads. They don't need to give Microsoft any ammunition now to fight back.
  • Reply 79 of 146
    cicerocicero Posts: 20member
    Holy s*** I was able to log in and view my mail......

lets hope it stays

4:04 pacific time

it looks like everything else is working too. woohoo....
  • Reply 80 of 146
    a/uxa/ux Posts: 38member
    It is working as of 4:10 PM PST. Just viewed e-mail, contacts and calendars.