Apple's iPhone software v2.0 available early for brave users

Comments

• Reply 21 of 136
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post

On a somewhat related note. Mobileme is not up yet. They are late. I tried it earlier and connected but it timed out.

It's up, down, left, right, in, out and back again. It should be up solid by tomorrow. I'm got sick of checking, succeeding, failing and trying again.
  • Reply 22 of 136
    i've applied the update and my iPhone version is 2.0 (5A347)

i didn't have to unzip the folder just command-clicked the update and selected it. Ran smoothly and then restored the phone with everything on it that was there before version 2.0. flawless
  • Reply 23 of 136
    ameristamerist Posts: 77member
    This thing took about 20 minutes to install. Made me late for work. It's all worth it though.

PANDORA FTW!
  • Reply 24 of 136
    Well I clicked restore while holding down ALT and it just restored my iPhone.

I did install itunes 7.7
  • Reply 25 of 136
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Knowlton View Post

Well I clicked restore while holding down ALT and it just restored my iPhone.

I did install itunes 7.7

It's the OPTION key instead, I am currently updating me & so far so good. Like amerist said it takes about 20 minutes to prepare and then restore it.
  • Reply 26 of 136
    Installed on Vista 64. upgrade went fine.

CTRL + SHIFT on PC on left side.
  • Reply 27 of 136
    I am also confused on how to get past my PC's Alt problem. I hold down alt and press check for updates and am not given a chance to access my hard drive. Also using the RESTORE just leads to a back up pop up, i don't see how if i press, cancel, back up , or no back up will do anything to access my hard drive. Can someone help me get around this road block? Thanks!!
  • Reply 28 of 136
    wprowewprowe Posts: 33member
    I tried the upgrade without a connection to the internet. It locked my phone with a message that it cannot connect to Apple. I will have to leave the office once meetings are over to find a Wi-Fi connection so I can complete the process. Bottom line, make sure you have an internet connection before trying this.
  • Reply 29 of 136
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rooster69 View Post

Got it thanks!!
  • Reply 30 of 136
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solsun View Post

Try it and let us know!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pupator View Post

Downloaded the restore file: 85.2MB (Though it said it was 200+ throughout the download), but iTunes won't install it.

I get error 1403.

The file is 225MB, you only have 85MB. Until you download the complete file it's not going to install.
  • Reply 31 of 136
    screthscreth Posts: 7member
    worked great for me. I had a jailbroken 1.1.3 and updated to 1.1.4 before doing the 2.0 just to be safe
  • Reply 32 of 136
    sapporobabysapporobaby Posts: 1,079member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by screth View Post

worked great for me. I had a jailbroken 1.1.3 and updated to 1.1.4 before doing the 2.0 just to be safe

Do any of the jailbreakers work?
  • Reply 33 of 136
    Use the Shift Key instead of ALT. That seemed to work for me.
  • Reply 34 of 136
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rooster69 View Post

Thanks worked great
  • Reply 35 of 136
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    downloaded and installed ...

everything is fine.

Super Monkey Ball RULEZ!!!

AIM works like charm ....
  • Reply 36 of 136
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Update takes a while to complete everything, i guess may be because of firmware upgrade takes looooong time ....

landscape to portrait did not work restart of the iPhone required - after that i can see Scientific calculator

can not figure out how to configure exchange ... it says certification failed... i guess my company does not support iPhone yet
  • Reply 37 of 136
    It worked for me so I can vouch for the validity of the download.
  • Reply 38 of 136
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

downloaded and installed ...

everything is fine.

Super Monkey Ball RULEZ!!!

AIM works like charm ....

Is Super Monkey Ball worth the ten bucks?
  • Reply 39 of 136
    sapporobabysapporobaby Posts: 1,079member
    Has anyone installed the remote? Will it install on the iPod Touch 1.1.4 or is 2.0 required?
  • Reply 40 of 136
    Same here!!! Syncing my files now