Apple's iPhone 3G battery good for about 3.5 hours of browsing

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 112
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

well, i know you are looking for something that will be usable for phone use, i.e. attached, but I had a great experience with a long international flight (10+ hours) with my iPhone, watched 2 movies and 2 tv shows and played games the rest of the time - and both the Javoedge powerpack showed 'green' and the iPhone was fully charged at the end of the flight. I believe the claim on this battery is 5x charge.... I believe it, I had this thing running videos a long time and it worked like a champ for travel. its only drawback is that you can't tell 'how much' is left in it, i think it just goes from green to red, but I haven't seen red yet...

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Portabl...0497154&sr=8-1

For something like that, it's great. But for everyday use, I wouldn't want it attached.
  • Reply 102 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I intend to use mine as a case.

It's not a case.
  • Reply 103 of 112
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

It's not a case.

Unless there is a technical reason that won't allow me to plug in while having a full charge, it's perfect for me as a semi-protective cover and additional battery. I never had a case on my first one and I really only am rough with putting it in my pocket and tossing it on a table. My only wish is that it had a 30-pin connector pass through for when I sync it.

• Reply 104 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Unless there is a technical reason that won't allow me to plug in while having a full charge, it's perfect for me as a semi-protective cover and additional battery. I never had a case on my first one and I really only am rough with putting it in my pocket and tossing it on a table. My only wish is that it had a 30-pin connector pass through for when I sync it.

That's not a case. I wear my phone, as I've done with my others, on my belt, with a horizontal case that closes over the top.

For the iPhone 3G, I bought a black silicone "skin" from incase for all of us.

I found that the incase belt case was too tight for the phone plus silicone skin, though I was told it would fit. It does fit, but really tightly.

Strangely enough, the case from my old Treo 700p, fits well, so I'm back to using that, at least for now.
  • Reply 105 of 112
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

That's not a case. I wear my phone, as I've done with my others, on my belt, with a horizontal case that closes over the top.

For the iPhone 3G, I bought a black silicone "skin" from incase for all of us.

I found that the incase belt case was too tight for the phone plus silicone skin, though I was told it would fit. It does fit, but really tightly.

The DLO case is very similar in that respect. It's not designed for a skin, I returned the skin that I bought.

I think the problem is that the current belt cases assume that you want to remove it from the case in order to use it, meaning you'll risk dropping it during use. I really don't think that was a good plan.
  • Reply 106 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

The DLO case is very similar in that respect. It's not designed for a skin, I returned the skin that I bought.

I think the problem is that the current belt cases assume that you want to remove it from the case in order to use it, meaning you'll risk dropping it during use. I really don't think that was a good plan.

I never dropped my Samsungs or Treo, but that's one reason why I want the skin. Also I feel more confident when putting it down. I don't have to be as careful. It also is much grippier.

I really think the two types of cases should be made to work together. It's an ideal match. The belt case when carrying the phone, and the skin when using it.

Almost all cases are for belt use, other than the skins, or cases for women for use in a handbag.
  • Reply 107 of 112
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    my solution

casemate screen protector

incipio case with plastic corner protectors (in white )

THEN i put it in a horizontal universal case made by LG which is big enough to handle the extra thickness, very nice, and if i drop it its got protection multiple ways.

(i went to best buy and went through ALL the horizontal leather cases to find the LG)

it's good
  • Reply 108 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

my solution

casemate screen protector

incipio case with plastic corner protectors (in white )

THEN i put it in a horizontal universal case made by LG which is big enough to handle the extra thickness, very nice, and if i drop it its got protection multiple ways.

(i went to best buy and went through ALL the horizontal leather cases to find the LG)

it's good

Pain in the neck though, wasn't it?

I was luck to have my Treo case which is still in good shape.

You would think the manufacturers would think of this.

They could sell more product too.
  • Reply 109 of 112
    Quote:

I don't know. I looked at that already. It won't fit any silicone cases, or any other cases. Too clumsy for me. I prefer a unit that I can attach when there's some free time instead.

Yeah, the mophie isn't for everyone. For me it's perfect because I want something that I can take with me and still fit comfortably in my pocket. This will be perfect for trips to NYC wandering around all day using the GPS and not having to worry about stopping at a starbucks to charge up.

I also do not have a case for my iPhone 3g because I like the way it looks. Some cases are like buying a Ferrari and leaving it parked in the garage all the time because you are afraid to mess it up
  • Reply 110 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dizzy13 View Post

Yeah, the mophie isn't for everyone. For me it's perfect because I want something that I can take with me and still fit comfortably in my pocket. This will be perfect for trips to NYC wandering around all day using the GPS and not having to worry about stopping at a starbucks to charge up.

I also do not have a case for my iPhone 3g because I like the way it looks. Some cases are like buying a Ferrari and leaving it parked in the garage all the time because you are afraid to mess it up

If I were still flying as often as I used to, on the longer trips that I used to make, I would likely buy one. But my longest trips these days, except for a rare occurrence, is about two and a half hours. Not long enough for this. A Newer, or other battery that can be plugged in, is better for me. I like the incase silicone case. I really think the black looks good, and it makes the phone much surer in the hand for me.

Everyone has a different need. I don't care if anyone sees the chrome or not, I like these looks about as well. I'm also not as concerned about smacking it on something.

But I do like wearing my phones on my belt in a horizontal position, with the case covering the device. I really don't want everyone staring at it.

It's funny, about five years ago, when we had our kitchen totally redone, I got a good wine fridge. My wife and I wanted it to match the cabinetry we were having made. But most manufacturers only make the models we could use with a glass door, so that you can see the wines. We didn't want that either. We ended up getting a SubZero like our fridge, because that was the only one that allowed wood inserts.

People seem to think we're nuts for not showing off the wines, but we've never seen the point.
  • Reply 111 of 112
    Quote:

People seem to think we're nuts for not showing off the wines, but we've never seen the point.

Better to drink than show
  • Reply 112 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dizzy13 View Post

Better to drink than show

Exactly!