• Reply 61 of 219
    macrrmacrr Posts: 488member
    Mod Edit:

No.

MacRR Edit:

Yes.

Fuck all y'all
  • Reply 62 of 219
    I updated, my 3G went from 0-1 bars to 2-3 bars.

Perhaps the fix is in, but won't be evident until more people on the network update. Perhaps the 2.0.1 users' chips are running wild and wreaking havoc on the 3G network. I say give it a couple days (weeks?) to determine if it's fixed or not.
  • Reply 63 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by morluk View Post

I am very disappointed with iphone for the following resasons

1. there is no copy and paste (unbelievable)

TRUE

2. there is no any kind of search (another unbelievable)

YOU CAN SEARCH CONTACTS

3. if you are not subscribed call display even the caller in your contacts it doesn't show you the caller

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS MEANS. IF I PICK A PICTURE IT FOR A CONTACT IT DISPLAYS THAT. IF I DON'T IT STILL DISPLAYS THE CALLER'S NAME & NUMBER

4. there is no any desktop application to update calender and/or contacts, you have to have MS products (what a shame)

THEY ARE CALLED "ical" AND "Address Book"

Do you even HAVE an iphone ??? Seriously, do you ?
  • Reply 64 of 219
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by afx114 View Post

I updated, my 3G went from 0-1 bars to 2-3 bars.

Perhaps the fix is in, but won't be evident until more people on the network update. Perhaps the 2.0.1 users' chips are running wild and wreaking havoc on the 3G network. I say give it a couple days (weeks?) to determine if it's fixed or not.

I say the time is too short for a proper 3G fix. They could have easily upped the radio power but we don't we even know if that is an issue. Plus, despite Apple's rapid fixes the timeframe seems too short for this issue to be resolved and I agree with rjwill246 that Apple would have probably advertised this as a particular fix in this update.
  • Reply 65 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Foo2 View Post

What is the iPhone equivalent of Cmd-F in the full-blown versions of Safari and Mail?

BTW: The iPhone Google app looks like a privacy threat. Does anybody know?

I'm no expert. But I tend to believe anything from google qualifies as a privacy threat.
  • Reply 66 of 219
    boogabooga Posts: 1,082member
    I was kind of expecting the 2.0.2 update to have more localizations, but I don't see any on my iPod Touch. Nonetheless, I'm guessing the update has something to do with the additional carriers that will be available this week.
  • Reply 67 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Booga View Post

I was kind of expecting the 2.0.2 update to have more localizations, but I don't see any on my iPod Touch. Nonetheless, I'm guessing the update has something to do with the additional carriers that will be available this week.

Interesting thought. That would make sense.

v2.0.1 has languages for...

? English

? Français

? Deutsch

? Japanese

? Netherlands

? Italiano

? Español

? Português (Brazil)

? Português (Portugal)

? Dansk

? Norsk (bokmål)

? Svenska

? Korean (?)

? Chinese (?)

? Chinese (?)

? Pyccknñ

? Polski

Anything else listed for v2.0.2?
  • Reply 68 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8CoreWhore View Post

I'll skip this placebo (and what ever NEW bugs it introduces).

this is just annoying. I wish everyone would stop saying snappier because it's not snappier it's in your head. And the word snappier Is really gay. I hate that apple doesn't give details. These non detail messages make me not want to waste the time installing another update that does nothing
  • Reply 69 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel0418 View Post

These non detail messages make me not want to waste the time installing another update that does nothing

So not breaking down the details of the bug fixes now means that there are no bug fixes? Definitely not the snappiest assessment I've read.
  • Reply 70 of 219
    erpxerpx Posts: 24member
    When will they offer the ability to search e-mail as well as mark all e-mail as read? Is it part of this update?
  • Reply 71 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by erpx View Post

When will they offer the ability to search e-mail as well as mark all e-mail as read? Is it part of this update?

Nope. Marking all email as read would be nice, but the search may be difficult as the Mail app only keeps 20 messages on the phone at a time.
  • Reply 72 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Morky View Post

No, seriously, are you worried your three-year-old is reading this forum? Don't even worry about your nine-year-old; his language when you are not around would make a soldier blush.

I'm not worried about anyone's children, I'm concerned that you have so little regard for the civility which we should expect from eachother that you can't help but rub your dirty little mouth all over the internet, not in the toilet where your language belongs.
  • Reply 73 of 219
    crees!crees! Posts: 501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stonefree View Post

Sitting at my desk at home, I can now get 3G for the first time. However, my bars still occasionaly jump down to 1 from 5. We'll see how well it improves call dropping. I've had occasional call drops, usually immediately after dialing, so fortunately it hasn't been a big issue for me.

EDIT- seconds after hitting Post Reply on my desktop, my iPhone then displays "No service". I had to reboot.

You don't have to reboot, just wait 3 to 4 minutes and you'll get 4 -5 bars and then it'll repeat. I had this happen at home just after the 2.0.1 update. But it seemed to go away after a day or so. When I'm at home I turn off 3G since service isn't too great.
  • Reply 74 of 219
    jasonfjjasonfj Posts: 567member
    My assessment is that it hasn't made a blind bit of difference to anything.

Ridiculously simple apps such as Clock still take 2-3 seconds to open, leaving me gawping at the screen like an idiot just to see what the time is in Dubai. Contacts is still unresponsive for a good couple of seconds (I don't have a big database) and Weather loads about as fast as it would on an Macintosh Classic.

Can ANYONE tell me why these BASIC apps should be SO SLOW opening?

iPhone 3G 16gb
  • Reply 75 of 219
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    Phone worked great before, works great now.

LOL @ the guy complaining about not being able to copy and paste. Download the SDK and get on it, sport.
  • Reply 76 of 219
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Leithal View Post

I don't think that that is a defect.

Most iPhone apps have a startup delay - some throw up a splash screen to cover the true load time.

Likely, Contacts is just loading a small portion of the data and displaying it until it has the full contact list loaded.

Do you have a large contact list?

This is a major defect because there wasn't any lag under 1.1.4. If it wasn't for a few cool apps, I would gladly downgrade my phone to 1.1.4 for the responsiveness that it once had. As another pointed out, the contacts will start at a part of the list that you were not browsing before, then after a few seconds, jump to your last location.
  • Reply 77 of 219
    This update has now caused my battery icon to act erratic. I had no problems with it charging before but now when I charge it, and it says it's charged, then suddenly it will go back to showing it's charging again. Very weird. Anyone else having this issue?
  • Reply 78 of 219
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

So.....

Do you have coverage?

[ducks behind steel wall]

Can you hear me now?

AT&T sucks.
  • Reply 79 of 219
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    I can't believe all the problems I'm reading on here tonight- is it all that bad?-really?

...waiting for my new non-phone iPod touch and loving it!

This is so entertaining - all the threads on here, all these months, devoted to the iPhone and it all comes down to this??
  • Reply 80 of 219
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Leithal View Post

I don't think that that is a defect.

Most iPhone apps have a startup delay - some throw up a splash screen to cover the true load time.

Likely, Contacts is just loading a small portion of the data and displaying it until it has the full contact list loaded.

Do you have a large contact list?

What is large? Personally, mine is about 175 contacts and no photos in them, which really doesn't sound like should be a problem that gives noticeable lag in loading, but it did. That said, 2.0.2 seems to have almost eliminated the lag between appearing to be functional and actually being functional, which I think is a UI gaffe. It may take just as long to start, but it does not show a list of contacts until it's ready to let you do anything with that list.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Foo2 View Post

BTW: The iPhone Google app looks like a privacy threat. Does anybody know?

Any web service, any company that you give information is a privacy threat. As it is, Google doesn't seem to be selling or trading uniquely identifiable information right now.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel0418 View Post

this is just annoying. I wish everyone would stop saying snappier because it's not snappier it's in your head. And the word snappier Is really gay. I hate that apple doesn't give details. These non detail messages make me not want to waste the time installing another update that does nothing

Isn't declaring something gay being really... ...gay? How meta is that?

Contacts did change how it starts a bit, whether it's a mind trick (see above), I'm not totally certain, but it's less frustrating now. Instead of showing you a clipping of the contacts scroller, it doesn't show you a list until it's actually ready to let you pick a contact or scroll through the list.