• Reply 81 of 219
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Can you hear me now?

AT&T sucks.

Quote:

I can't believe all the problems I'm reading on here tonight- is it all that bad?-really?

...waiting for my new non-phone iPod touch and loving it!

No, it's not that bad.

Are you loving waiting for it or is this a premptive love of your iPod Touch?
  • Reply 82 of 219
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iphone79 View Post

This update has now caused my battery icon to act erratic. I had no problems with it charging before but now when I charge it, and it says it's charged, then suddenly it will go back to showing it's charging again. Very weird. Anyone else having this issue?

Just replace it.

Oooppps I forgot - you CAN't!
  • Reply 83 of 219
    boogabooga Posts: 1,082member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Interesting thought. That would make sense.

v2.0.1 has languages for...

? English

? Français

? Deutsch

? Japanese

? Netherlands

? Italiano

? Español

? Português (Brazil)

? Português (Portugal)

? Dansk

? Norsk (bokmål)

? Svenska

? Korean (?)

? Chinese (?)

? Chinese (?)

? Pyccknñ

? Polski

Anything else listed for v2.0.2?

That's the same list for 2.0.2... maybe the region formats have been updated?
  • Reply 84 of 219
    Deleted.
  • Reply 85 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Booga View Post

That's the same list for 2.0.2... maybe the region formats have been updated?

v2.1 is on Beta 4 now. I wonder if that has localisations for the countries due out on Friday. Half of then are Latin American (IOW, Spanish) but there are others that one would expect to get a native language built into the iPhone.
  • Reply 86 of 219
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Love the update.

Working fine for me. Love my iPhone.

And just got my first email from Apple after the update at 9:29 pm:

MobileMe Update

We have already made many improvements to MobileMe, but we still have many more to make. To recognize our users' patience, we are giving every MobileMe subscriber as of today a free 60 day extension. This is in addition to the one month extension most subscribers have already received. We are working very hard to make MobileMe a great service we can all be proud of. We know that MobileMe's launch has not been our finest hour, and we truly appreciate your patience as we turn this around. Read this article for more details.

The MobileMe Team

Take your time Apple. Thank you.

Oh. I guess you have to have an MobileMe account to get the extension. Bet a lot here don't have an iPhone or a Mac/PC, let alone a MobileMe account.

P.S. Here is the link in case you aren't eligible for the notice: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2826
  • Reply 87 of 219
    Quote:
    No, it's not that bad.

Are you loving waiting for it or is this a premptive love of your iPod Touch?

No- this whine fest is amazing on here. Non- stop complaining. I love all of it!

No, seriously I've been waiting so long for this new 2nd gen iPod touch. I will order the day it's launched. Do you think it will have the same shape and material as the iPhone - meaning plastic back? Because then that means there is no more engraving- which I want (oh no I'm complaining already!).

I am very excited about the Apps( saw some this weekend on my bud's new 3G iPhone) and will renew mobileme finally as well. The weirdest thing happened though - he's showing me the Apps and the phone freezes and he has to reboot. I thought Apple would have stopped that sort of thing from cloggin the iPhone.

Sorry to go off the thread.
  • Reply 88 of 219
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Phone worked great before, works great now.

LOL @ the guy complaining about not being able to copy and paste. Download the SDK and get on it, sport.

I think you're showing a fundemental misunderstanding on how C&P would need to be implemented. It can't be fixed by just adding an app. Short of a pretty deep hack, only Apple can add it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mark W View Post

*points to signal bars*

Coincidence? Maybe - maybe not...

But is it just showing you more bars or are you really getting noticeably better signal stability?
  • Reply 89 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

To recognize our users' patience, we are giving every MobileMe subscriber as of today a free 60 day extension. This is in addition to the one month extension most subscribers have already received.

SWEET! A full 3 months of MM when I have had no issues, sold my original iPhone for $480 and bought 3 years of MM Family packs for $79/each due to a price error that was still honoured. Hopefully my luck passes into my MBP purchase next month.
  • Reply 90 of 219
    Quote:

NOw that was hysterical- thanks.
  • Reply 91 of 219
    Quote:

Do you think it will have the same shape and material as the iPhone - meaning plastic back? Because then that means there is no more engraving- which I want (oh no I'm complaining already!).

If it has GPS it would benefit from a plastic backing. But this is very unlikely, IMO. Since the only radios will be BT and WiFi I'm guessing it will have an aluminium back cover for engraving and to help differentiate it from the iPhone 3G.
  • Reply 92 of 219
    Quote:

SWEET! A full 3 months of MM when I have had no issues, sold my original iPhone for $480 and bought 3 years of MM Family packs for $79/each due to a price error that was still honoured. Hopefully my luck passes into my MBP purchase next month.

If I renew it- right now - do you think I'll get the free 60?
  • Reply 93 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jlaselva View Post

Here's to that. My (original) iPhone is much less stable, post-2.0, than it was with the original line of 1.0 releases (and it's not just third party software... Apple's apps, too, display problems). But 2.0.1 gives me acceptable stability, with only a few annoyances (too many) a day... and I'm not willing to risk an update that may send stability further downhill, especially with Apple's recent QC troubles (MobileMe, iPhone 2.0, iPhone 3G). If Apple just told us what improvements we'd gain, it might make sense to spend the 30 minutes downloading, backing up, installing, and restoring. But, as it stands, these updates are increasingly mysterious and provide only vague, if any, reasons to upgrade.

I'll wait for 2.1 to be released and tested for a week or two before I update my iPhone again. \

Apple always giveth and taketh away.
  • Reply 94 of 219
    Just tested iCal, Mail and Contacts by entering data on my MBP, via my iPhone and MobileMe account accessing it from my iPhone and MBP.

Working great! 3G bars increased, although I never have had a dropped call even if the (3g) bars were hardly legible.
  • Reply 95 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel0418 View Post

this is just annoying. I wish everyone would stop saying snappier because it's not snappier it's in your head. And the word snappier Is really gay.

OK- it's flawless!
  • Reply 96 of 219
    [quot

!
  • Reply 97 of 219
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member
    question for abster2core - where are you? what city, what kind of place? many have suggested that busy big city locations have the most trouble. so that info helps ...
  • Reply 98 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

question for abster2core - where are you? what city, what kind of place? many have suggested that busy big city locations have the most trouble. so that info helps ...

Cupertino- board room.
  • Reply 99 of 219
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

Right now, Toronto.
  • Reply 100 of 219
    I just recovered from a crash that bricked my 3G iPhone after the 2.0.1 update. Had to get a replacement phone. Got everything back to "normal" and would stick with it for a while before jumping in to 2.0.2. For the short time that I had 2.0.1 working, the faster response was probably due to the restart than anything else...the contacts lag showed up again after a while. Phone reception has been OK, not great, but "3" in Hong Kong is not known to have the best quality anyway.