iPods, MacBooks, iMacs up next on Apple's 2008 roadmap

15678911»

Comments

• Reply 201 of 204
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I yield to you points about the professional end of things, but I still feel that this will happen within the next three years (within 2 case revisions) since it does take up consider room in a notebook while offering seldom usage to most.

Anything is possible in the future (within reason).

But as the main complaint about these light, and small notebooks is that they LACK these drives, I just don't see that as a good choice for more conventionally sized machines anytime soon.
  • Reply 202 of 204
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

As a bay is even larger than a permanent drive by itself, I doubt they would want that either, but maybe...

It's not an ideal situation for me, but for me it's better than having an optical drive I won't use. Plus I can add additional batteries without hibernating the machine first. I do realize that I'm in the minority for multiple battery use.
  • Reply 203 of 204
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

It's not an ideal situation for me, but for me it's better than having an optical drive I won't use. Plus I can add additional batteries without hibernating the machine first. I do realize that I'm in the minority for multiple battery use.

If this was a bay for an optiona optical drive, it would likely also accept an additional HDD, if the power was available, but not another battery.

They did that in the past, I think, but I don't see it happening again.

Actually, I don't see an open bay at all for Apple, in the future.
  • Reply 204 of 204
    zunxzunx Posts: 620member
    So, when the "big deal" secret product (aka, MacBook touch tablet)?

SEE THE AWESOME VIDEOS:

Apple "MacBook Touch" New MultiTouch Tablet Concept ... ?

http://superglide.posterous.com/appl...uch-new-multit

What is Apple's New Secret Product

http://superglide.posterous.com/what...ew-secret-prod