Apple confirms September 9th special event: "Let's Rock"

Comments

• Reply 41 of 154
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Both of these are looking more likely.

Are you giving a frowny face to an optional subscription service? Why?
  • Reply 42 of 154
    Apple's Back To School promo is going until the 16th. It would be foolish to think Apple would release new notebooks before this is finished.

I'm sure they will follow suit right after the BTS promo is done.

At least they better or I will lose my mind since I dontaned my MacBook to my little sister for school already...
  • Reply 43 of 154
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Are you giving a frowny face to an optional subscription service? Why?

The emoticon was for the increasing likelihood of new notebooks case changes. The flyer does point to a new music type service, but I have no interest in it so it won't affect me either way.
  • Reply 44 of 154
    Large more storage capacity for iPod Touch. Price drop, due to the iPhone stealing some of the sales.
  • Reply 45 of 154
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlackSummerNight View Post

Large more storage capacity for iPod Touch. Price drop, due to the iPhone stealing some of the sales.

What do you have in mind for the Touch? What capacity would you put in? What pricepoint would it be it?
  • Reply 46 of 154
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Apple will also probably show off the Snow Patrol 'interactive album' thingy.
  • Reply 47 of 154
    nceencee Posts: 858member
    The background is "Apple Green" - maybe they will be announcing the Beatles?

If so, it's very likely they will be announcing a Special Edition iPod, pre-loaded with the Beatles complete library.

Skip
  • Reply 48 of 154
    If the iPod refreshed are not the mystery 'Product Transition' then the Mac is most likely it. If so, then Apple will have to release new models by the end of September because the fiscal quarter ends in September.
  • Reply 49 of 154
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philiporeilly View Post

Agreed. I love my iPhone but still prefer to use my iPod Classic to listen to music. It is so much easier to use the click wheel than leaving the screen on constantly or having to take it out of standby just to change a track.

A solution that would please everyone is having iPhones and iPod Touches support the ?50 Apple FM receiver I bought. That would allow me to use the click wheel AND have a touch interface!

You don't need to takke it out of standby, you just dbl tap the home key and a small iPod interface pops up.
  • Reply 50 of 154
    I have my cheque book poised and ready for the all-new mini updates!

• Reply 51 of 154
    I see the smaller 8G being discontinued, 16G, 32G, and some higher model. Not sure exactly sure. Hasn't there been an capacity increase almost every time they have a music event. I have no clue on the pricing.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

What do you have in mind for the Touch? What capacity would you put in? What pricepoint would it be it?

Oh yeah, and subscription based service.
  • Reply 52 of 154
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iDave View Post

..... The click wheel is the best interface ever for playing music. You don't even have to look at it. ....

+++

Don't understand why people want to see this disappear.
  • Reply 53 of 154
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kari.patila View Post

This really sucks. I need to order a MBP now, not in a month, so I have no choice but to get one. I've already pushed the purchase date too far. It's either that or not working until the new ones are released.

You can always use a vacation.
  • Reply 54 of 154
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

+++

Oh, because a lot of people think the multi-touch interface is so whiz-bang cool. It is pretty cool (except for all of the fingerprints) but for playing and adjusting audio, the click wheel is better.

When I go out walking and want to listen to some music, I don't even think about taking my iPod touch. The nano with the click wheel is what I grab.
  • Reply 55 of 154
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

+++

Agreed. The Touch interface has it's pros, but the Nano has it's too with the biggest being the clickwheel. I don't see Apple getting rid of it any time soon. I think it'll be on the Touch long after the Classic is gone.
  • Reply 56 of 154
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

The background is "Apple Green" - maybe they will be announcing the Beatles?

If so, it's very likely they will be announcing a Special Edition iPod, pre-loaded with the Beatles complete library.

Skip

McCain's first speech after his win had a green background also. As far as I remember, he didn't introduce them either.

Stop with the Beatles already people.
  • Reply 57 of 154
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iDave View Post

Oh, because a lot of people think the multi-touch interface is so whiz-bang cool. It is pretty cool (except for all of the fingerprints) but for playing and adjusting audio, the click wheel is better.

Fingerprints aren't an issue. You can't really see them when the phone is on.

Quote:

When I go out walking and want to listen to some music, I don't even think about taking my iPod touch. The nano with the click wheel is what I grab.

But the clickwheel is better for when your hand is using the device in a pocket.

I wonder if they can come out with a wheel that's in the screen when the iPod function is activated that would give some sort of interactive response so that you could work with your thumb without seeing it.

Perhaps a small electrical signal, or sharply focussed vibration to let you know that your finger is following the wheel. That could work.

If it can be done with a button pattern, it could be done with a wheel pattern.
  • Reply 58 of 154
    I don't get it, why are so many of you jumping up and down for music subscriptoins? Exploding media is the mess Apple rescued us from! Unless they offer it as a concession to the Music Labels in order to get iTunes+ to be wider-adopted it's insane
  • Reply 59 of 154
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BradMacPro View Post

While the web has seen clues to a tall screen iPod nano, maybe the introduction is the long awaited introduction to the Apple Music Store of The Beatles collection that was said to finalizing when rumors of that last surfaced.

Coming just a couple days before the 11th, the sad anniversary, the iPod and iPhone users of the world would have something to celebrate.

Right, because finally being able to buy The Beatles at lower quality than the CDs that have been available for years will certainly be cause for celebration...
  • Reply 60 of 154
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Fingerprints aren't an issue. You can't really see them when the phone is on.

Would I have mentioned it if it wasn't an issue?

If I fail to clean the face of the touch regularly then I start to see blurring of the image after a while from all of the prints. And it looks pretty ugly when it's turned off. I wish (just like the iMac) there was an option for a non-glossy face.

And before you bother to mention it, yeah, maybe I do have oily fingertips!