Jaguar 6C115 declared GM

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 94
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    wow, 6c115 is fast. I'm happy.

About that mouse bug: I don't have that problem at all. It works fine for me.
  • Reply 82 of 94
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    6C115 contains an insecure OpenSSL with any app compiled against that version of OpenSSL also being insecure. Has a security update for it appeared in Software Update since Macs are now shipping with 10.2?
  • Reply 83 of 94
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    with all the new Macs shipping with Jaguar CDs, I still havent seen anyone actually verify that those CDs are also C115.

Has anyone seen any info that the shipping CDs are also C115?
  • Reply 84 of 94
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by ZO:

<strong>with all the new Macs shipping with Jaguar CDs, I still havent seen anyone actually verify that those CDs are also C115.

Has anyone seen any info that the shipping CDs are also C115?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It seems all we really have to go on are reports by people who have the cds. No "concrete verification" but lots of reports by individuals.

Eugene, I got ballsy and check SU to see if there were any. Nope, none listed. Now if the Apple Gestapo come knocking on my door...
  • Reply 85 of 94
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>6C115 contains an insecure OpenSSL with any app compiled against that version of OpenSSL also being insecure. Has a security update for it appeared in Software Update since Macs are now shipping with 10.2?</strong><hr></blockquote>

There is likely to be an update, possibly 10.2.1, soon after August 24. Early September was suggested to me. I presume it will fix the Finder bugs and bring 10.2 up to date security-wise with 10.1.5.
  • Reply 86 of 94

<strong>6C115 contains an insecure OpenSSL with any app compiled against that version of OpenSSL also being insecure. Has a security update for it appeared in Software Update since Macs are now shipping with 10.2?</strong><hr></blockquote>

No.
  • Reply 87 of 94
    [quote]Originally posted by ZO:

<strong>with all the new Macs shipping with Jaguar CDs, I still havent seen anyone actually verify that those CDs are also C115.

Has anyone seen any info that the shipping CDs are also C115?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, they're all 6C115.
  • Reply 88 of 94
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    My friend got his powerbook yesterday and 6C115 is the final build.
  • Reply 89 of 94
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    A security update for download before the OS is even released?

You Mac users have to be tired of eating all this crow.
  • Reply 90 of 94
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    10.2 works great with Wacom tablets, and 115 seem to work perfectly with just about everything i've tried with it. I'm running a slowsilver 733. Yes i have a pirated version, don't hate cuz you dont have it, be happy that i'm going to buy it!
  • Reply 91 of 94
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 92 of 94
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>A security update for download before the OS is even released?

You Mac users have to be tired of eating all this crow. </strong><hr></blockquote>

*Sigh* Jaguar has been shipping on Macs for about a week. You must be tired of being a total lamer.
  • Reply 93 of 94
    [quote]Originally posted by AirSluf:

<strong>

Wasn't that problem only if you compiled OpenSSL yourself from the one version of the source that had the trojan built in? I thought Apple stated their version was built from a verified clean source and they just updated to keep version numbers consistent and remove any doubt as to whether or not a user had clean, Apple supplied OpenSSL.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That was OpenSSH with the trojan in the source. Any version of OpenSSL prior to .9.6e is remotely exploitable.
  • Reply 94 of 94
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member

<strong>

*Sigh* Jaguar has been shipping on Macs for about a week. You must be tired of being a total lamer.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Naw, he's just being sarcastic... after all of the OSS folks have been boasting about the turn around time for security patches on Linux, et al, Apple goes and beats them to the punch by releasing the security patch *before the OS ships*!

I can just see Steve now, standing on the ramparts, talking in an outrrrrrrageous accent: "Ha! Beat *that* you OSS pigdogs!"

[ 08-16-2002: Message edited by: Kickaha ]</p>