NVIDIA insider chimes in on new iMacs, mini and Mac Pro

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 109
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    For keynote event, please go to iChat, go to chat room "appleinsider" (without the quotes). Let's have a discussion there.

Mods, sorry, this is my last cross-posting about this.
  • Reply 102 of 109
    thttht Posts: 5,616member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I think larger than 24" would be hit. I also like your idea of having a wider display.

I wonder if the size would allow for Apple to remove the chin completely since their would now be considerably more room for components behind the display.

Did some math. They get about +60 in^2 of area to work with if they used a 28" screen and case with 1" bezels on all sides. So the have room to put it a bigger heat sink, a 2nd 3.5" drive, etc. I don't they'd do it unless the design changes moves downstream to the 20" and 24" models.

Quote:

If Grand Central will really be as good as Apple will claim it is, then I think we'll see QuadCore iMacs in at least the higher-end models.

Yes, eventually. But not in iMacs that are revised before Snow Leopard ships. There's no good reason for Apple (lots of good reasons for consumers) to ship an iMac with the idea that they'll make great Snow Leopard machines. Apple has to ship great Leopard (10.5) machines right now.
  • Reply 103 of 109
    So what happened to the mac mini's?

Tune in same time, next year, at MacWorld 2010 for the Pentium III Mac Mini with CDROM!

Honestly! I've been following the mac mini malarky for a wee while now, and I'm none too chuffed at this elusive Mac.
  • Reply 104 of 109
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GavinScrimgeour View Post

So what happened to the mac mini's?

Tune in same time, next year, at MacWorld 2010 for the Pentium III Mac Mini with CDROM!

Honestly! I've been following the mac mini malarky for a wee while now, and I'm none too chuffed at this elusive Mac.

Jobs and Ive got bored with it apparently.
  • Reply 105 of 109
    Dude...

I hope something come up for:

Apple Mac's Anniversary that is when Apple's Macintosh Turns 25...

I hope Steve is concentrating his energy for that day....

iCore7 ....
  • Reply 106 of 109
    Why do non-Mac users post here? I'm guessing for nothing more than an opportunity to stir the pot and get people all riled up. What a waste of time...
  • Reply 107 of 109
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by imacmadman22 View Post

Why do non-Mac users post here? I'm guessing for nothing more than an opportunity to stir the pot and get people all riled up. What a waste of time...

Most of them were Mac users for a very long time before Jobs unilaterally decided they weren't.
  • Reply 108 of 109
    Anything for THIS upcoming Tuesday??

I hope Steve released his latest product for every coming Tuesday.....

Mac Pro ... Mac Mini ... Cinema Display are long overdue....Do something man !!!

C'mmon Steve !!! We need you....

I hope you read this "We Desperately Need New Product"

Don't be beaten by Michael Dell ...

C'mmon Steve !! MAKES US AS APPLE USER PROUD ! BEAT DELL, HP, LENOVO INTO PIECES !

NEW PRODUCT MAN.....C'mmon

Hahaha