Source: Apple's next-gen iPhone has video camera

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 128
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Adjei View Post

He seems to believe it will be present, remote wipe, read close to the bottom:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/apple...eal_everything

Thanks for the link. I sure hope so.

I f they get those features into MM it will really be the Exchange for the rest of us.
  • Reply 122 of 128
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

the camera can already do video. all they have to do is change the software. qik proves this. and for such a crappy camera, the video is pretty decent.

Exactly, why is a whole new phone necessary here? Marketing is all. The current phone already does video. You just have to jailbreak it. Apple is pissing me off. "Defective by design" comes to mind.
  • Reply 123 of 128
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wealthychef View Post

Exactly, why is a whole new phone necessary here? Marketing is all. The current phone already does video. You just have to jailbreak it. Apple is pissing me off. "Defective by design" comes to mind.

Have you tried it? It's quite poor in every category. If you want a device that can technically do something there are many vendors willing to accomodate you, but Apple is not one to add a feature just to fill out a spec sheet.
  • Reply 124 of 128
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Have you tried it? It's quite poor in every category. If you want a device that can technically do something there are many vendors willing to accomodate you, but Apple is not one to add a feature just to fill out a spec sheet.

+1

Video on the iphone isn't something Apple's going to do half baked.
  • Reply 125 of 128
    This article is silly! The 1st Gen. iPhone has a video camera, just jailbreak your iPhone and you can run a few different video camera capture applications!! Nice investigative reporting AI.
  • Reply 126 of 128
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post

This article is silly! The 1st Gen. iPhone has a video camera, just jailbreak your iPhone and you can run a few different video camera capture applications!! Nice investigative reporting AI.

I think you'll find that they are well aware of the jailbreak option. This article is about evidence of the next iPhone supporting if natively.
  • Reply 127 of 128
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I suspect that the growing number of PC users who also use Apple stuff such as the iPhone have sharply lower expectations of what a "good" implementation of a given feature might look like, compared to the traditional Apple user base.

Hopefully, Apple won't be tempted to adopt the attitude of the PC industry, which is "if it's cheap enough and you can get it at Walmart, who gives a fuck how it works or what it looks like?"
  • Reply 128 of 128
    The reporting does not point out that Apple is purposefully feature-limiting earlier HW which is PERFECTLY capable of doing things like video, not to mention A2DP and MMS...

Instead, AI is just talking about the "above the surface" Apple implementation... *sigh*

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I think you'll find that they are well aware of the jailbreak option. This article is about evidence of the next iPhone supporting if natively.