10.2.3 has arrived!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 79
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    [quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto:

<strong>So far so good. First thing I noticed:

Sheets and a search field in the color panel.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Very cool.

It seems they've *finally* fixed the bug messing up keyboard navigation (e.g. pressing a key to move to an item or folder starting with that letter) in Carbon Open/Save dialogs in this update. Only took, oh, two years.

[ 12-20-2002: Message edited by: Hobbes ]</p>
  • Reply 22 of 79
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    [quote]Originally posted by MCQ:

<strong>I don't know if this works for all updates, but someone in an Ars forum said you could download updates to the desktop that are checked, it's under the Update menu.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Correct. Choose "download checked to desktop" and it's just like getting the stand alone installer.
  • Reply 23 of 79
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    OpenGL 1.4 has been incorporated. that may account for the faster graphics.
  • Reply 24 of 79
    I think it's faster opening windows, but I should not be trusted.
  • Reply 25 of 79
    Put something in the trash.

On my PowerBook, there's now a two-tone stereophonic effect for the putting-something-in-the-trash noise: it pans from the right speaker to the left, dropping a full tone as it does, without the lag you used to get between putting something in the trash and getting the putting-something-in-the-trash noise.

Oh, thank-you, Apple, thank-you 10.2.3!

(There really is.)
  • Reply 26 of 79
    you mean they finally fixed finder sounds ? Haleluja !
  • Reply 26 of 79
    (Er: was it always there?)
  • Reply 28 of 79
    was what already where ?
  • Reply 29 of 79
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    iChat is snappier. very.
  • Reply 30 of 79
    Is it just me, or do the red, yellow and green buttons look even more recessed in any brushed-metal application?
  • Reply 31 of 79
    SPJ: <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=001787"; target="_blank">10.2.3 Metal Oddity</a>
  • Reply 32 of 79
    thanks
  • Reply 33 of 79
    [quote]Originally posted by iDave:

<strong>

Correct. Choose "download checked to desktop" and it's just like getting the stand alone installer.</strong><hr></blockquote>

also as an alternative, if you run the SU, i believe you'll find the update pkg installer in /Library/Receipts/
  • Reply 34 of 79
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    The receipts package is not the same as the actual installer, but the others are correct. The Download to Desktop is essentially "save as ___ to Desktop". Not sure why they made the change that way but as long as it works. Thanks, guys.
  • Reply 35 of 79
    [quote]Originally posted by lungaretta:

<strong>

also as an alternative, if you run the SU, i believe you'll find the update pkg installer in /Library/Receipts/</strong><hr></blockquote>

it's really just a receipt.
  • Reply 36 of 79
    [quote]Originally posted by Brad:

<strong>If you see my "complete lsbom content" thread, you will see that nothing related to iTunes has been touched by this update.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Um, okay, guess I hadn't really spent enough time in iTunes, then. Like the visuals anyway, tho.

Bye,

RazzFazz
  • Reply 37 of 79
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    My apps are taking a LLLOOOONNNGGG time to open.

Address Book was 4-6bounce now 25+

CPU monitor was 1-4 now 50+

OmniWeb was &lt;10 now I lost count

Any one else?
  • Reply 38 of 79
    10.2.3 is running great for me. I hope this glitch I've been having is fixed. On the desktop and recently inside folders elsewhere on my system icons haven't been highlighting. If Apple hadn't of added the status bar then I would never know how many items are selected when this glitch is in effect. IE opens and runs smoothly, as well as all the other apps on my system. Snappier than ever. THANKS APPLE!! I LOVE YA!! Now all we need is an update to iChat that allows you to use the Talk feature so we can voice chat with AIM members instead of having to restart into Mac OS 9 to use the older version of AIM that still have that feature implemented. (Damn what a sentence. A mouthful)

10.2.4 thread anyone? heheh

Take care,

PiBO2k2

[ 12-20-2002: Message edited by: Proud iBook Owner 2k2 ]

[ 12-20-2002: Message edited by: Proud iBook Owner 2k2 ]</p>
  • Reply 39 of 79
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    This long-launch problem is not isolated to a few apps. It seems to be affecting everything on my system. Calculator 54bnc!!

Are there any CLI ways to tighten things up? Could this be a prebinding problem?
  • Reply 40 of 79
    [quote]Originally posted by Keda:

<strong>This long-launch problem is not isolated to a few apps. It seems to be affecting everything on my system. Calculator 54bnc!!

Are there any CLI ways to tighten things up? Could this be a prebinding problem?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Try verifying and repairing priveleges in disk utility.

I have faster application launches on my computer. For example, it is no longer embarassing to open the Terminal in front of any of my linux friends. It opens in about 1 second instead of taking about 5.