Apple sells over 1 million iPhone 3G Ss in first three days

13567

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 138
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post


    I find it so funny people think Apple reads their comments.



    Well, I find it funny that people think that corporations have evolved into a physical being that has learned read in the first place.



    That being said..



    Representatives from Apple (especially Apple Legal) do indeed frequent these forums. That's a fact... Also, if you don't think those who devote 99% of their waking life to build and improve on Apple products take a moment out to see how the 'devoted fan' is reacting to their final products... Well then... You don't know Apple Employees very well... Apple is what Apple is all because of the unique people that create the products.



    So... Congrats! to the iPhone Team and their hard work, they all deserve a nice long vacation.



    Knowing Apple tho, I think those developers are sitting in their offices and cubes hard at work on the next (or next next) generation iPhone.



    D
  • Reply 42 of 138
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by c4rlob View Post


    We knew this was going to happen - just like I said before, I'm sure that Apple hit the 500K mark on Friday alone

    http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...89&postcount=7

    Even the Piper analysts knew this was going to happen - I think they deliberately played down expectations - hmmm, I wonder why they would do such a thing???



    HEY dude , I am thrilled with over one million in sales. Apple just keeps on rolling along

    scoring big play after big play .



    They sold 231 iphones per minute for 3 days ,cool .



    9
  • Reply 43 of 138
    roos24roos24 Posts: 170member
    We haven't heard from Teckstud yet...



  • Reply 44 of 138
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigmc6000 View Post


    Well, ya know, he wants his money for nothing and the chicks for free - anything less is a rip off!



    Dammit dude NOW that song will be in my head all week.

    ahhhhh!!!!



    9
  • Reply 45 of 138
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roos24 View Post


    We haven't heard from Teckstud yet...







    Go ahead. Rattle the cage.



    P.S. There is an excellent chance that he is still on hold complaining to Palm about his new Pre.
  • Reply 46 of 138
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidT View Post


    in which case: why not post useful stuff? rather than "congrats" & "unbelievable"?



    eg: when will apple reply to demands to deal with the MacBookPro's sata interface downgrade?



    http://www.macrumors.com/2009/06/14/...ata-interface/



    selling record numbers is all very well, but many people are pretty angry about the sata downgrade, and others aren't buying a MBP till this gets addressed / solved.



    why doesn't Jobs address this from his hospital bed?

    seems he's well enough to celebrate the iphone.



    -D





    Very fine accutrate post david . I just hope people take the time to read it before they judge it .



    peace



    9
  • Reply 47 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigmc6000 View Post


    It could also be a quote from an e-mail from Steve - I think he's in good enough shape to sit in a chair and type on his tablet he's still deciding if he wants to sell to us peons



    Tablet? Blasphemy! Apple doesn't make one of those. Next thing we know, you'll be trying to tell us he uses a netbook at home!
  • Reply 48 of 138
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidT View Post


    in which case: why not post useful stuff? rather than "congrats" & "unbelievable"?



    eg: when will apple reply to demands to deal with the MacBookPro's sata interface downgrade?...



    Maybe because Apple already has it's own forums and tech support and that's the appropriate place to funnel complaints of that nature?



    I don't know that anyone from Apple ever reads this forum, but if they do it's more likely they do so to get a general idea of how things are being received and very general attitudes towards products. It's foolish to think that they will troll countless forums looking for specific consumer complaints if those people haven't taken the time to formally open an issue with tech support.



    Since the SATA downgrade you talk about only *theoretically* affects people who would buy a non-SSD equipped MacBook and swap out the drive for an SSD, it's basically a really small problem which is actually only a potential problem and not yet a problem at all.



    Good luck on getting a large percentage of Mac users up in arms about that.
  • Reply 49 of 138
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,370member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post


    Ripped off?? how so ?



    Well lets start with the handset pricing, original iPhone $199 in US and £99 in UK, US price for the iPhone 3G now $99 and the 3GS $199, UK price STILL £99 for iPhone 3G and £179 for iPhone 3GS, sure you can add vat and exchange etc we still end up getting shafted.



    Then the upgrade, I feel that O2 should not just allow customers to walk away from the existing contract, they should however allow their users to pay off the remaining subsidised amount only, they do after all get you to sign another new contract, charging for the full 6 months remaining and not taking into consideration the minutes etc that should come with that is terrible!
  • Reply 50 of 138
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post


    Go ahead. Rattle the cage.



    P.S. There is an excellent chance that he is still on hold complaining to Palm about his new Pre.



    I am sure he is over at pre-central leading the cracked pre palm phone charge.





    9
  • Reply 51 of 138
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PBG4 Dude View Post


    I bought 2 last Friday.



    That's 999,997 left to go.





    Just curious about the breakdown of all those sales, are you...



    A) New to AT&T



    B) Already with AT&T, but just getting the iPhone for the first time



    C) Purchased the iPhone 3Gs but will "Jailbreak" to use with other carrier



    or



    D) previous iPhone owner on AT&T, just upgrading to the latest model iPhone.



    I wonder how many New Accounts were established over the weekend thanks to AT&T's partnership with Apple? \
  • Reply 52 of 138
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigmc6000 View Post


    Well, ya know, he wants his money for nothing and the chicks for free - anything less is a rip off!



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post


    Dammit dude NOW that song will be in my head all week.

    ahhhhh!!!!





    All week?!?! I grew up in that era... and its taken me DECADES burn that catchy little ditty from Dire Straits out of my prefrontal cortex...



    So, yea... Nice going BigMc6k, In one careless off the cuff post you've managed to undo 24 years of painful shock therapy treatments. I sure hope you satisfied with yourself.



    Now wheres that shrinks card again...
  • Reply 53 of 138
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saarek View Post


    Well lets start with the handset pricing, original iPhone $199 in US and £99 in UK, US price for the iPhone 3G now $99 and the 3GS $199, UK price STILL £99 for iPhone 3G and £179 for iPhone 3GS, sure you can add vat and exchange etc we still end up getting shafted.



    Then the upgrade, I feel that O2 should not just allow customers to walk away from the existing contract, they should however allow their users to pay off the remaining subsidised amount only, they do after all get you to sign another new contract, charging for the full 6 months remaining and not taking into consideration the minutes etc that should come with that is terrible!



    So your carrier is overcharging compared to the usa ??



    can you switch carriers ?
  • Reply 54 of 138
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post


    All week?!?! I grew up in that era... and its taken me DECADES burn that catchy little ditty from Dire Straits out of my prefrontal cortex...



    So, yea... Nice going BigMc6k, In one careless off the cuff post you've managed to undo 24 years of painful shock therapy treatments. I sure hope you satisfied with yourself.



    Now wheres that shrinks card again...



    na na na

    hey hey goood bye

    na na na na na na

    hey hey hey .......

    quick sing with me . we can escape the .......
  • Reply 55 of 138
    davidtdavidt Posts: 112member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post


    ERR david THE mbp with no sata is on course for record sales,



    Hi brucep

    Interesting, the "mbp with no sata" is selling like hot-cakes, is it?





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post


    Less than one percent used the sata card.



    really? next you'll tell us that "less than one percent of owners use the motherboard"



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post


    TINY people with loud voices. You should go join the glossy crowd you deserve each other.

    NO offence intended.



    If you intend to offend me, go ahead, but don't bother writing "NO offence intended". That's just plain silly, considering your preceeding opinions about me.



    In addition it seems you have difficulty telling the difference between Sata and an ExpressCard Slot.

    Until you've worked out the difference you might find it more polite to refrain from offending



    Apart from that, I enjoy your posts here,

    best of luck

    -D
  • Reply 56 of 138
    drdbdrdb Posts: 99member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post


    So your carrier is overcharging compared to the usa ??



    can you switch carriers ?



    unfortunately not, if you want an iPhone here it has to be O2. I'm getting one on Saturday anyway because I think it's worth it, but it does sting a bit.
  • Reply 57 of 138
    davidtdavidt Posts: 112member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post


    Maybe because Apple already has it's own forums and tech support and that's the appropriate place to funnel complaints of that nature?



    hello, it was not a complaint in itself, it was a comment that if SJ is fit enough to celebrate the iphone, we might expect him and his company to address the sata problem.

    I peruse the apple forums daily - still no official statement.

    I have sent messages to tech support and called apple. "We can not make a statement" is the only reply.





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post


    Since the SATA downgrade you talk about only *theoretically* affects people who would buy a non-SSD equipped MacBook and swap out the drive for an SSD, it's basically a really small problem which is actually only a potential problem and not yet a problem at all.



    no, the *non-theoretical* problem is that if you buy a MBP with SSD installed from apple, you get sata 3,0

    if you buy non-SSD MBP, and intend to upgrade with a fast SSD of your choice next year: you get sata 1,5.

    ergo, apple seems to have crippled the sata on computers sold without their SSDs (which are small & expensive)

    which is a problem for anybody - like me - who wants to buy the MBP now, then buy a fast and cheaper SSD of my choice in a few months or next year.



    And before you say: nobody needs this transfer rate: I - and many others in the film, video, convention world - do, and will, as more applications make use f faster transfer rates.

    And I don't want to buy a MBP now, and again next year, all because of this.



    and before I'm accused of complaining about the MBP: I'm quite wiling to believe there was a reason for the downgrade. maybe heat, maybe battery life, etc. wouldn't it be good to get a reply from apple about this? just a statement: "there will be a fix", "there will be an upgrade", "buy the next gen", all I'm asking is "why the downgrade" and "if apple can celebrate the iphone's sales, why can't they make an official statement about this" ?



    sorry for the off topic - it was not meant to divert the thread, it was meant as a brief comment about apple's famous "public relations"



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post


    Good luck on getting a large percentage of Mac users up in arms about that.



    I have no need to get large percentages up in arms :-)



    have a good day,

    -D
  • Reply 58 of 138
    adjeiadjei Posts: 738member
    Samsung Jet had more than 2 million pre orders from 50 countries, Apple is doomed:



    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...for-preorders/
  • Reply 59 of 138
    bigmc6000bigmc6000 Posts: 767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post


    na na na

    hey hey goood bye

    na na na na na na

    hey hey hey .......

    quick sing with me . we can escape the .......



    You think you can escape the free chicks and the money for nothing- come on now... hahaha
  • Reply 60 of 138
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,232member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidT View Post


    I was commenting on a post which claims that apple does read these forums. Since many posts today are concerned more with Jobs' health and statement than iphone sales, I don't find it particularly offensive or wrong to post something slightly off the article's main theme...



    While it's very possible that some people from Apple do occasionally read these forums, what does that have to do with it? there have been several threads about that issue for SJ, and no doubt, there will be again. This isn't one of them.



    No one would object to someone putting in a comment about how they hoped SJ was getting better, make no mistake about that.



    But as this is an iPhone thread, your comments about being annoyed about no one commenting on the Macbook Pro (or SJ commenting) is well out of the subject area. We get plenty of Macbook threads.



    If you're not satisfied, you can go to the forums, and start your own. If enough people are interested, you will get responses. If they don't, that's fair too.



    Quote:

    can you supply a link for this? or anybody else? I would be grateful, all info I have been able to find states that the slowdown doesn't have impact on HD's, but does have impact on SSDs, and will thus be grave for those of us wishing to buy a MBP now and a fast SSD in 12 months. thanks in advance, sorry for off-topicness of my original message.

    -D



    I didn't bookmark it, but it's around somewhere, possibly I'll find it later. My quick search didn't pick it up.
Sign In or Register to comment.