Comments

• Reply 121 of 499
    Almost there...

• Reply 122 of 499
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Martin C View Post

Almost there...

Keep it up Martin! I hear the strains of "Zarathustra" already!
  • Reply 123 of 499
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    5 days, 17 hours, 19 minutes

AAPL = $83.80

Stupid investors.

Should be $90+ by now.

So much other distracting rubbish news.

Frack the SEC. Go chase REAL CRIMINALS!

FREE STEVE JOBS! The iLEADER is INNOCENT

(as blind followers that we(er, I) am say...!). Heh
  • Reply 124 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vox Barbara View Post

Hi Suni, how is life in Australia? It is one of the countries, which is still

awaiting my very visit.

Btw, in the past i was involved in a lot of, say, soft battles

about the question how to enhance battery life in general.

For me as a not too tech savvy man, it is hardly understandable, that

the more you use the battery, the longer lasts the battery, the more

you can draw out of it. Everybody tells me that, even Apple claims,

that you better use the battery frequently (means: draw until zero, than charge),

in order to get a long lasting battery. Makes sense?

cheers

Hi, Australia is an interesting place. It has become a little more diverse, a kind of American- media- influence- Colonial- English- history- Immigrant- culture- mix- Aboriginal- minority- history- huge- empty- continent- some- beautiful- nature- but- also- great- party- cities (Sydney+Melbourne)- kind- of- place.

"For me as a not too tech savvy man"
    -- I thought you are a woman not a man? Or do you mean, "as a not too tech savvy person"

Anyway, batteries. No, the longer you use the battery, the more battery cycles you use up (check http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/ for a good application).

You use a full charge, then deplete it completely, because that counts as a proper battery cycle. If you charge halfway, then deplete it half, then charge again, that still counts as "burning up" a battery cycle, so that is not good.

So you want to use as little battery cycles as possible, while making sure each battery cycles is used as fully as possible.

So plug in to electricity mains as much as possible, but of course it would be a good idea to use a FULL battery cycle (full deplete and full charge up) every two weeks, AFAIK it is also not good to NOT use the battery for too long.
  • Reply 125 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Just buy one after Macworld like you planned. Now that you've waited this long and Macworld SF is just 6 Days 2 Hours 30 Minutes away. Don't get stuck on the too many upgrades path like me, where because I had to buy my Mac in November, I now have to fork over the upgrades for iLife, iWork (my Trial will last until the day of the Keynote, or a couple days after...) and Leopard.

Sebastian

You have a point about iLife '07 and Leopard. I want those to come with a new MacBook, preferably 14" wide, 1440x900(???).

So I may have to wait until new Mac laptops released and ship with Leopard.

Found/ Stolen/ Borrowed a good cell phone yet? We'll text you updates mate.
  • Reply 126 of 499
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member

every four hour report, Sun rising behind the Apple Logo
  • Reply 127 of 499
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Where is my mental block? Isn't that countdown timer off by an hour?

Or does the keynote start at 9AM this year?
  • Reply 128 of 499
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    I thought 10 AM as well, but macworldexpo says its 9AM, have to check apple Events page
  • Reply 129 of 499
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

I thought 10 AM as well, but macworldexpo says its 9AM, have to check apple Events page

It is most definitely 9am.
  • Reply 130 of 499
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

You have a point about iLife '07 and Leopard. I want those to come with a new MacBook, preferably 14" wide, 1440x900(???).

So I may have to wait until new Mac laptops released and ship with Leopard.

Found/ Stolen/ Borrowed a good cell phone yet? We'll text you updates mate.

You might as well buy Leopard seperately when it comes out sometime in Spring 07... Summer in Australia?

Unless you can wait...

But at least save some money on iLife (Upgrading software almost immediatly is annoying)

I'll give you my number when you sign into AIM. I don't trust Forum PM systems

Sebastian
  • Reply 131 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

You might as well buy Leopard seperately when it comes out sometime in Spring 07... Summer in Australia?

Unless you can wait...

But at least save some money on iLife (Upgrading software almost immediatly is annoying)

I'll give you my number when you sign into AIM. I don't trust Forum PM systems

Sebastian

Cool. Umm... Do they still teach you kids Geography and stuff?

Spring '07 is Autumn '07 "down under" 8)

Right now it is 7pm and 33degCelcius (I'll let you convert that yourself) in Melbourne, Australia.

Bloody hot today...!! It is Summer right now. Sun only sets at 8:40pm or so...
  • Reply 132 of 499
    Okay. Weather below. Note 35degF and 0degC may be possible, especially around the 3am-6am time frame. BE PREPARED if you are going to be in the queue freezing your ass off waiting for the wonderful SteveNote

Fahrenheit

Celcius

• Reply 133 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Cool. Umm... Do they still teach you kids Geography and stuff?

Spring '07 is Autumn '07 "down under" 8)

Right now it is 7pm and 33degCelcius (I'll let you convert that yourself) in Melbourne, Australia.

Bloody hot today...!! It is Summer right now. Sun only sets at 8:40pm or so...

Heh heh, I knew Summer wasn't right but I was in a rush

Sebastian
  • Reply 134 of 499
    Ahhh, Fahrenheit. I miss the American system of measurement... NOT! Things are so much easier in the metric system. In school we had to use the metric system (it was logical) but in the realm outside of school it was back to cups, feet, hands and other body parts.

5 days and 7 hours to go.
  • Reply 135 of 499
    I'm fairly disappointed. I just realized I'm going back to school on the 9th. Oh well I got a nice long winter break anyways.

5 days 6 hours 31 minutes 8 seconds
  • Reply 136 of 499
    5 Days 2 Hours 38 Minutes 35 Seconds

Sebastian
  • Reply 137 of 499
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Take a look at the Vista webpage. Do the rays there look suspiciously like the rays in the dark background of the Apple dot com webpage teaser?

http://www.seewindowsvista.com/

or this picture of the box of Windows Vista Ultimate

• Reply 138 of 499
    They remind me more of some of the OS X desktops;

• Reply 139 of 499
    vl-tonevl-tone Posts: 337member
    This Vista box reminds me of the 2nd gen iPod nano ads. Must be a "coincidence" as usual...
  • Reply 140 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VL-Tone View Post

This Vista box reminds me of the 2nd gen iPod nano ads. Must be a "coincidence" as usual...

Coincidences have to occur, otherwise life wouldn't be random.