Inmate's suit claims O.J. Simpson is "hitman" for Steve Jobs

Posted:
in General Discussion edited April 2014
A South Carolina inmate notorious for filing frivolous and fanciful lawsuits against public figures has used his latest complaint to accuse Apple chief executive Steve Jobs of employing O.J. Simpson as a "hitman" for the past two decades, in addition to a litany of other outlandish offenses.

Filed September 21 in the United States District Court Middle District of Florida, the 3-page handwritten complaint alleges that Simpson has been Jobs’s "hitman" since the "1985 MOVE house bombing in Philadelphia, which Jobs started with borrowed pyrotechnics from Great White."

The plaintiff is none other than 30 year old Jonathan Lee Riches, who in 2004 earned himself an 8-year sentence in a South Carolina corrections facility for his involvement in an identity theft ring. Over the past 18 months he has filed dozens of similar lawsuits accusing celebrities and organizations of wildly improbable offenses, presumably to help pass his time behind bars.*

Riches' latest rambling, which has since been dismissed, goes on to allege that "O.J. has been providing Jobs with food blenders since the midwest flood of 1993" and that O.J. also "paid Jobs to clone Dolly the sheep on April 20, 1998."*

As for his other roles in the legal escapade, Jobs is charged with aiming nuclear missiles at Riches' brain and Lance Armstrong's bicycle, as well as price gouging iPhone customers. "On May 10th, 2007, I bought an Apple iPhone for $922.01 at the FCI Williamsburg commissary," Riches wrote. "Now Jobs sells that same iPod for $199."

The remainder of the complaint continues in the same outlandish vein, with Princess Diana, the United Auto Workers, and Cinderella's Castle each making appearances, among others.

"A cursory review of the complaint is sufficient to establish that it is nothing more than fanciful nonsense," US District Judge Gregory Presnell wrote in his order for dismissal. "The whole thing reads like a cross between Billy Joel’s 'We Didn’t Start the Fire' and a Dr. Bronner’s soap label, if Dr. Bronner had been a first-year law student with untreated paranoid schizophrenia."

Judge Presnell went on to say that this was not Riches's first appearance before him, and pointed out that Riches even has his own Wikipedia entry chronicling some of the dozens of*similar suits he has filed in federal courts across the country.*

"Several weeks ago, he filed suit against Elvis Presley and Neverland Ranch for, inter alia, 'WAR CRIMES Rock N Rollin My Brain'," the Judge wrote.*

While it's unclear whether Riches' cockamamy pleadings are products of actual mental illness or simply a hobby akin to short story writing, all complaints filed with the US court system have to be processed, filed and dismissed.*

"Whatever their origin, and though they are amusing to the average reader, they do nothing more than clog the machinery of justice, interfering with the court’s ability to address the needs of the genuinely aggrieved," the Judge wrote. "It is time for them to stop."

Rather than impose sanctions on Riches, the Court will simply require that he pay the filing fee with any future complaints, which he has failed to do in the past. Should those requirement fail to dissuade him from further meritless filings, the Court plans to impose stiffer requirements or sanctions until he "finds another way to occupy his time."

For those interested, Riches's 3-page handwritten complaint can be seen in its entirety on the following page.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 50
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    A new low guys. Please stop it.

Was the idea to get an OJ reference onto a page to liven up the search engines?
  • Reply 2 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GQB View Post

I'm glad this was here. Pretty much made my day.

I always knew Steve was more of a badass than he was letting on.

..so is this story the reason the stocks are up $5 today?
  • Reply 3 of 50
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GQB View Post

Yeah, this is something that belongs on CNN or Fox.
  • Reply 4 of 50
    You mean you guys are ignoring Amazon's MP3 Download service going live today (which actually works pretty well) for this crap?

Get serious.
  • Reply 5 of 50
    buckbuck Posts: 293member
    Quote:

"Whatever their origin, and though they are amusing to the average reader, they do nothing more than clog the machinery of justice, interfering with the court’s ability to address the needs of the genuinely aggrieved,"

Yeah, like those with the frivolous patent cases I guess...
  • Reply 6 of 50
    This is what you're tax payers money goes on is it? I bet you are all so proud!
  • Reply 7 of 50
    'God' responds to legislator's lawsuit

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/law/09/20/suing.god.ap
  • Reply 8 of 50
    This is hilarious!!!!! It would be even funnier if it turned out to be true!
  • Reply 9 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

Please explain how my tax dollars are involved..... ???

If you are referring that my tax dollars are to be spent prosecuting this indevidual so that he may be removed from the streets then I say money well spent.
  • Reply 10 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTel View Post

Yeah, this is something that belongs on CNN or Fox.

Don't forget MSLSD.
  • Reply 11 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

Yepp! Very proud!
  • Reply 12 of 50
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    all u apple FANBOIS who shout and squeal o no! it cant be true! u gotta get real. this kind of **** happens all the time and your prescious steve-o is the worst of the whole bunch. maybe he had oj for his hitman maybe not but get the facts befor u drink up all the koolade. i bet this is true it would be just like crapple to pull this **** this is itunes scratchy screens all over again. then how funny is it when the ZUNE goes hitman on your pretty white ipodz!? where is your oj now? stop drinking the koolade and start drinking the OJ OF TRUTH!
  • Reply 13 of 50
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quick! Someone give that man a blog STAT!

I kinda want to read what he will come up with next.
  • Reply 14 of 50
    Seriously, AI, is that the best you can do?

Must be a really slow news day to have to post this drivel! Sheesh!
  • Reply 15 of 50
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

all u apple FANBOIS who shout and squeal o no! it cant be true! u gotta get real. this kind of **** happens all the time and your prescious steve-o is the worst of the whole bunch. maybe he had oj for his hitman maybe not but get the facts befor u drink up all the koolade. i bet this is true it would be just like crapple to pull this **** this is itunes scratchy screens all over again. then how funny is it when the ZUNE goes hitman on your pretty white ipodz!? where is your oj now? stop drinking the koolade and start drinking the OJ OF TRUTH!

Perfect, absolutely perfect.
  • Reply 16 of 50
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

You mean you guys are ignoring Amazon's MP3 Download service going live today (which actually works pretty well) for this crap?

Get serious.

e.g.

http://www.wired.com/entertainment/m...9/drm_part_one
  • Reply 17 of 50
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    After reading this story, I'd have to say that AI is guilty of touching me inappropriately:

• Reply 18 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VesperDEM View Post

Seriously, AI, is that the best you can do?

Must be a really slow news day to have to post this drivel! Sheesh!

You know, it's actually not a slow news day. Check www.macrumors.com, and www.thinksecret.com for news on Amazon's music download service, and a new gallery of Leopard shots, respectively.

AI, if I wanted to read this crap, I'd go to Crazy Apple Rumors Site.

Are you a professional rumor and news site or not?

-Clive
  • Reply 19 of 50
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Boy, you people sure are naive.

OJ Simpson is NOT Steve Jobs' hitman. He's just the decoy, to distract people from his real hitman.

Geesh, do I need to explain everything to you people!
  • Reply 20 of 50
    Lighten up guys!!!!

don't any of you have a sense of humor!?!?! \