Well, it's time: E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Comments

• Reply 141 of 286
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,007member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

McNabb sucked and I think he used his injury to bail out.

Well, my conspiracy theory is that they told McNabb: "We're taking you out if you don't get the first down." Thus giving him the opportunity to come out with an "injury." I don't think he would have bailed on his own, but it was either that or get benched.

The question is: what do they do next week?
  • Reply 142 of 286
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

Well, my conspiracy theory is that they told McNabb: "We're taking you out if you don't get the first down." Thus giving him the opportunity to come out with an "injury." I don't think he would have bailed on his own, but it was either that or get benched.

The question is: what do they do next week?

If he's OK they'll keep him. I really don't think they were going to bench him. I think he was slightly injured and they left it up to him, and he called it a day. We'll see.
  • Reply 143 of 286
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    ...is still a win!

Didn't get to see the game, and haven't caught the highlights yet, but it sounds like McNabb was having a horrible day before he got hurt. Is Miami's defense that good, or was he that bad? I think the injury was real, no coach in his right mind would start Feely on a regular basis if he has a choice. Nice game by Westbrook, hopefully he'll start getting the recognition he deserves.

Nice to see the Eagles finally running the ball like I thought they could, but it took an injury to McNabb to do it. \
  • Reply 144 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

...is still a win!

Didn't get to see the game, and haven't caught the highlights yet, but it sounds like McNabb was having a horrible day before he got hurt. Is Miami's defense that good, or was he that bad? I think the injury was real, no coach in his right mind would start Feely on a regular basis if he has a choice. Nice game by Westbrook, hopefully he'll start getting the recognition he deserves.

Nice to see the Eagles finally running the ball like I thought they could, but it took an injury to McNabb to do it. \

He was pretty bad. He did have a nice throw on the flea flicker that called back (it was a TD). He also ran a few times well. But his accuracy was pathetic. The weather really messed them up, as Feeley through one too. Once it got better, things started moving. And you're right, the run really helped.

I think Donovan will play next week as he was walking yesterday OK. It sounds like they really didn't want him to go in as Andy said he couldn't run on it. I'll take him at his word.

How to beat the Patriots? I think the only chance is to run, run, run and run some more. Consume the clock and keep Brady off the field. And the offense is still going to have to score 35 points to even have a chance. If you couple that with a few big plays on offense and defense (and some luck), they have a shot. But if Brady gets the time he wants, if people make stupid mistakes, blow routes and coverages, that's it. The Eagles need to be at their best. The Patriots need to have a game that's a little off.

But I'll be drunk and eating wings, so I'll feel good either way.
  • Reply 145 of 286
    Quote:

It was pretty much impossible to make a statement by beating the now 0-10 Dolphins and, sure enough, the Eagles didn't.

Primarily, they succeeded in further bloodying the shark-infested waters that surround their quarterback.

That was from Les Bowen of the Phila Daily News. I think sums up my thinking...

I don't even know what to hope for now...

Quote:

"It's a lot better than being 4-6," offered coach Andy Reid, when asked about being 5-5.

• Reply 146 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

That was from Les Bowen of the Phila Daily News. I think sums up my thinking...

I don't even know what to hope for now...

Well, in fairness I think the Dolphins are better than their record indicates. If you look at that game, the score could have easily been 27 to 7 with the called back play. The conditions were bad too. No excuses though, McNabb didn't play well when he was in. The positives for me were defense and Westbrook.

Right now I see them going 9-7 on the year and likely missing the playoffs. That said, the rest of the NFC is so bad, they might sneak in.

Biggest concern? Special teams. They would be 7-3 right now with good special teams. The defense is getting old too, and that needs to be addressed. I would also be looking for another star wide receiver. They are not bad, but they need that go-to guy.

Funny enough, I am now more confident that McNabb will be back next year, providing he is healthy. That would give Kolb another year to get ready, learn the system, and maybe get some reps. If McNabb tanks, he could be pulled. Who knows.
  • Reply 147 of 286
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Right now I see them going 9-7 on the year and likely missing the playoffs. That said, the rest of the NFC is so bad, they might sneak in.

I predict 7-9. No playoffs this year.
  • Reply 148 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cake View Post

I predict 7-9. No playoffs this year.

They won't lose 4 more games, at least I don't think so.

Patriots--L

Seahawks--W

Giants--W

Cowboys--L

Saints--W

Bills --W

Yes, I think we can beat the Seahawks and Giants. Neither is guaranteed and could easily go the other way. But I think they are capable.
  • Reply 149 of 286
    Seattle is beginning to warm up. I hope your pass defense is ready...
  • Reply 150 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Seattle is beginning to warm up. I hope your pass defense is ready...

Yeah I know. My feeling right now though is that the Eagles can beat all but the Cowboys and Patriots coming up, if they play their best and catch a few breaks. God knows they are due.
  • Reply 151 of 286
    Predictions for tomorrow?

My best shot: Patriots 41, Eagles 14

If the Eagles play really well and the Pats make some mistakes: Pats 35, Eagles 24

If there is a miracle: Pats 31, Eagles 28

If the sun explodes: Eagles 35, Pats 34
  • Reply 152 of 286
    To quote Han Solo:

"I've got a really bad feeling about this!"

Hopefully this can be the Patsies' 'trap game'...
  • Reply 153 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

To quote Han Solo:

"I've got a really bad feeling about this!"

Hopefully this can be the Patsies' 'trap game'...

You and me both, friend.

• Reply 154 of 286
    We fuckin' won!

Oh man, it feels good to win after watching your team get manhandled 8 weeks in a row.

Frank Gore is back!
  • Reply 155 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Frank Gore is back!

A San Francisco fan? Funny how there's so many fewer of you in the 2000's than the 1990's.

Nice to get a top player back, now McNabb is out for the Patriots...ugh.
  • Reply 156 of 286
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    It's not gonna be pretty tonight.
  • Reply 157 of 286
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

Then again...
  • Reply 158 of 286
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

Yet, the first half is fairly lovely for Eagles fans.

I'm often bored watching the Patriots play and I'm no fan of Brady or Belichick, but my hatred for the Eagles is being put aside tonight because I'd love to see someone spoil the Patriots perfect record.

I don't think, in the end, that the Eagles will pull it off, but it's been a fun game so far.

Feeley is signed through 2010. - Could Feeley replace McNabb next season?
  • Reply 159 of 286
    Holy crap!

Has anyone had a lead on the Patriots in the 4th quarter this year?
  • Reply 160 of 286
    Nope.