More studios reported linked to iTunes rentals; iPhone 1.1.3 leaked?

Comments

• Reply 42 of 74
    Well, that's a lot more credible, unless someone went through a WHOLE LOT of After Effects trouble.
  • Reply 43 of 74
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    Apple should just buy Netflix and be done with movie rentals. All the studios they'll ever need.
  • Reply 44 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k2director View Post

Give me a break.

To Dos are a fundamental feature of iCal, Entourage, Outlook, Exchange, the Palm OS, and pretty any personal organizer ever made. They're not complicated, unless you'd call email an unnecessary complication over simple pen and paper.

Writing out To Dos as simple text notes would be more complicated and tedious for people than using a proper To Do system. You couldn't schedule reminders. You couldn't move a To Do from one day to another, or prioritize them easily. They wouldn't sync effortlessly with your desktop computer, so you wouldn't have a copy of them no matter what screen you happened to be looking at (desktop, laptop, iPhone, etc.).

Anyway, Apple thought that To Dos were important enough to add into Leopard's new Mail program, so it's not too much to ask for iPhone support as well.

Sure, go ahead, take a break.

1) If Apple had thought that to-do's were so important, why did they wait until Leopard to do (npi) it?

2) In six months of discussions that I've read here (and and in many other forums) on the iPhone, to-do's have not shown up as a must-have. Everyone has his/her list of legitimate priorities, but my guess is that Apple focuses on the important ones.

It is certainly a 'nice-to-have' feature, I am just not sure that it is must-have.
  • Reply 45 of 74
    I know it is not necessary but why aren't there lyrics for songs and has anyone else experienced all too frequent crashes if you try to do certain things i.e. listening to a song and browsing in Safari?
  • Reply 46 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Sure, go ahead, take a break.

1) If Apple had thought that to-do's were so important, why did they wait until Leopard to do (npi) it?

2) In six months of discussions that I've read here (and and in many other forums) on the iPhone, to-do's have not shown up as a must-have. Everyone has his/her list of legitimate priorities, but my guess is that Apple focuses on the important ones.

It is certainly a 'nice-to-have' feature, I am just not sure that it is must-have.

1) You need to brush up on your history. To Dos have been a part of iCal since it was first introduced YEARS ago. What Leopard did recently was build iCal's To Do database into Mail, so you could create To Dos and look at them without having to go to iCal. Secondly, when Apple introduced .Mac syncing between computers (years ago), one of its launch features was the ability to sync To Dos. Thirdly, when Apple introduced iSync (again, years ago), it allowed you to sync To Dos with dozens of phones. The irony is that iSync let me (and still lets me!) sync my To Dos with a $50 Sony Ericsson T68 from four years ago, but iTunes can't sync the same To Dos with Apple's own iPhone!

2) You also need to read these forums more carefully, if you've never seen people ask for To Do support. It's frequently cited as an industry-standard feature that's missing from the iPhone.
  • Reply 47 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTel View Post

Apple should just buy Netflix and be done with movie rentals. All the studios they'll ever need.

Still doesn't get movies on an iPod
  • Reply 48 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k2director View Post

2) You also need to read these forums more carefully, if you've never seen people ask for To Do support. It's frequently cited as an industry-standard feature that's missing from the iPhone.

Ah, on the subject of 'reading carefully,' a good place to start would be with what I posted: You may wish to confirm that I did not use the word 'never.'

And, if you can give me a cite/link (or two) for where it has been 'frequently cited' as a missing 'industry-standard feature,' I am happy to change my mind.
  • Reply 49 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

YouTube video of 1.1.3 in action!

what's with the shimmering of the icons? Even the bottom row shimmers??
  • Reply 50 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MiMiC View Post

Based on the instructions in one of the pictures, the wiggling lets you know that you are in rearrange mode. Hitting the home button should stop the shimmering and restore normality to the home screen(s).
  • Reply 51 of 74
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Still doesn't get movies on an iPod

Of course Apple would automagically convert the movies to iPod formats and create and Netflix area within the iTunes Store.
  • Reply 52 of 74
    btw, there is a video of the 1.1.3 firmware now. still not sure if its real though...

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=512
  • Reply 53 of 74
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MiMiC View Post

I don't think I'd call that shimmering, but everything seems to shake about like a bobble-head doll. I don't understand how it can be like that.
  • Reply 54 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Ah, on the subject of 'reading carefully,' a good place to start would be with what I posted: You may wish to confirm that I did not use the word 'never.'

And, if you can give me a cite/link (or two) for where it has been 'frequently cited' as a missing 'industry-standard feature,' I am happy to change my mind.

True, you did not say "never", fair enough. Sorry for that.

As for citing links, you might start with Apple's Discussion forums. In the main iPhone forum, do a search for "no task" and note the # of threads that come up.

Every single smart phone that I've ever come across (Blackberry, Palm, Microsoft Mobile, Symbian, etc), not to mention many bare-bones phones, can sync To Dos. That's why it's "industry standard". It is indeed a glaring omission that Apple's own product can't do the same...
  • Reply 55 of 74
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    voice dialing please......

so how do you that have a iPhone use it in a car....hands free, it takes two hands to use the phone portion doesn't it. so that being the case i need safety on my side please.
  • Reply 56 of 74
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

The fact that there is no known Flash version for OS X on the ARM platform seems like a correct answer to me.

No, it's not. It just means that Jobs hasn't been interested. He's trying to push H.264 instead. Doesn't mean he's right.
  • Reply 57 of 74
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTel View Post

What is with this Netflix thing?

There is no way Apple would do that. Netflix does exactly what Apple is trying to kill.

It will never happen.

I wish you guys would thing this out more carefully. The same goes for TiVo.
  • Reply 58 of 74
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

What is with this Netflix thing?

There is no way Apple would do that. Netflix does exactly what Apple is trying to kill.

It will never happen.

I wish you guys would thing this out more carefully. The same goes for TiVo.

I think the problem is that their alternative so far has generally fallen short in terms of marketability and acceptance compared to what they're really competing against, which is those two systems.
  • Reply 59 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samnuva View Post

How would flash help? The camera is on the back, not the front.

with an sdk why cant we make an ichat for iphone or ipod touch,,, im more interested in ipod touch,,, with a dock connected video camera with a mic,, maybe swivel,,, and what la,,, video chat,, just like that,,,, why is no one doign this????
  • Reply 60 of 74
    I can't believe you'd even think that video was real. Unless AT&T is about to undergo a name change to "Nate," that's just a jailbroken iPhone with a home screen editing hack switched on.