iPhone 3G owners report hairline cracks in their phone's casing

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 109
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I think I know what you mean. I have what looks like a tiny little bubble near the middle back. I don't think most people would notice it, and I'm not going to bother complaining about it.

That is an anti-slip friction nub for your protection.
  • Reply 102 of 109
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

That is an anti-slip friction nub for your protection.

You mean the phone's protection?

I don't think that small nub will protect Jeff very much at all.
  • Reply 103 of 109
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by probably View Post

yeah like none of us haven't heard that before,

"Buying the black iPhone for its resistance to cracking means you didn't RTFA."

I'm so tired of that one.

Honestly, I have no idea WTF your post means.
  • Reply 104 of 109
    Any one else experiencing this?
  • Reply 105 of 109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jeff K-C View Post

I'm married and have an eleven year old daughter, and until now believed I was pretty much in touch with my sexuality as a fifty year old heterosexual male, but guess what????? I like the white iPhone too. Now, this is just too much. I mean, judging from your post, I'm sure this must mean something, I'm just not sure what.

Oh my God, I just realized that I also really liked my first iPod, and yes.... it was WHITE! Please Abby, I mean Hutcho, help me see the light here.

Signed,

In the Dark,

Lusting for a White iPhone

THOU DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH....is a very astute phrase when it comes to those closeted/indenial about their sexuality. The power Religion has on those with either poor IQ and/or unlucky enough to be brought into an environment where freedom of choice has been anialated by Religion to the point that even parents DENY their OWN offspring true freedom of choice when it comes to religion...is IMMENSE (especially with the psychological drive from the fear of a believed "hell") and easilly subverts the hard wired programing of the sex drive to a degree at least. So mentioning your married ,have kids you are desperately trying to proove something you stated you are completely comfortable with, so why the need to proove it to others - some people will assume your are something you aren't whatever you do.

Of course closet cases(often highly homophobic) are common within the Apple fan bois community just look at the irate reponses to this Youtube Apple ad;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JixbzFjv_cU

Gay (or whatever name you want to use for having sex with other men) cf average population are more likely to be shallow and swayed by style over function, thus you find that compared to the average population gay men make up a much higher % of the Apple fanbois.
  • Reply 106 of 109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DanaCameron View Post

Caveat venditor? Could Apple have constructed the iPhone 3G out of different materials to better guard against early wear and tear? Perhaps. I don't know what all they did in R&D on the new iPhone 3G, but I'm sure they arrived at what they deemed the best possible combination of form and function that would still be affordable and marketable. Is it a bit early for the new iPhone 3Gs to be showing signs of structural fatigue? Again, perhaps. But like other posters have noted, such signs may have more to do with individual owners' treatment of their iPhone 3Gs than with possible flaws in the design or lack of durability of the materials used.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DanaCameron View Post

I'm not an apologist nor out of my mind nor suffering from a slave mentality.

So is this is in the running for AIs pant wettingly ironic (given the TITANIC state of affairs now) post of the year or what!

So now we have the black as the white equally effected.Its not merely an aesthetic matter since the cracking is progressive the protection from the environment/functionality of the phone hardware is comprimised Not only are reports about cracks still flooding in from a full spectrum of users but the FREQUENCY of reports has INCREASED and become even more widespread - the best is when the smug delusional Apple fanbois tell everyone their's is still perfect because they looks after it, then a week later they are COMPLETELY WASTED when their's start cracking LOLOLOL. Of course don't forget that a majority of RABID fanatical Apple supporters will still report there phone is in perfect working order (or just not report it) despite it being practicaly dead because;

1) To protect their religiously worshiped Apple from any chance of destruction which would turn their life into miserable empty pointless voids.

2) To prevent them from becoming targets of endless derision + riducule after all their smug PONTIFICATION of how Apple products just work and the iPHONE is a revelationary device that will dominate the markets and make Apple into a world market dominating SUPER company. That the iphone's use of decade old technology and dearth of functionality is completely acceptable for the price " because it all depends on what your needs are" suggestion; flog paper cups (with Apple icon drawn on) with string to delusional Apple fanatic + charge them $100s for it saying its a VERY unique phone that hardly anyone is cool enough to own. Critics tell them it has ZERO functionality except for (perhaps) the Phone part and they have been brain washed to say/believe it suits their needs - THEY NEED it desperately in fact - so thats all fine and dandy to manipulate/brain wash those unluckilly born with low IQ shallow style over substance part of population and then screw them over. NICE!

So how many times to we here the claim of internet activity is meaningless in term of % of all Phones effected. However its just as meaningless to try to "bury bad news" because nothing has complete validity in our reality just a statistical chance of happening. The relevent thing is the degree of activity is so large and widespread compared to any of Apple products in the past ( eg original iPHONE screen was a raindrop compared to thr 3G IPHONES HURRICANE for cracks, dropped calls, no 3G, slow data impractical web browsing, non-existant battery life, apps constant crashing ,sych issues, updates making problems worse etc etc etc) that the implication for the phone (ands it fledgling platform) are TERMINAL. Apple have relied on Propaganda + Hype/PR to shift products (ie Psychology of Emporers new clothes) to the technology knowledge + self- understanding HANDICAPED and the devastation that the 3G iPHONE will cause to Apple's created credibility from their slick PR will be wrecked to such an extent reversal will not be happening anytime soon. Normally a company could rely on the quality of their products to build their respect back up, but since Apple QC has been scraping the barrel more and more over the last few years yet charging the same or MORE in Apple's case thats just NOT going to happen - it was only all the psychological PR that kept up the facade - take off the blind fold and the EMPEROR's true state of undress will be seen by all.

...and how many lunatic fanbois on here are sweeping all this under the carpet and continuing to make GRAND predictions so ARROGANTLY? With so many SERIOUS disabling issues on one device, one patch will take it ALL away ? - considering the rate the anger is mounting/patience is slipping with owners and expectations for the fix become more impracticle and become a set point of finality with support of the phone.
  • Reply 107 of 109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DEATH of the IPHONE View Post

THOU DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH....is a very astute phrase when it comes to those closeted/indenial about their sexuality. The power Religion has on those with either poor IQ and/or unlucky enough to be brought into an environment where freedom of choice has been anialated by Religion to the point that even parents DENY their OWN offspring true freedom of choice when it comes to religion...is IMMENSE (especially with the psychological drive from the fear of a believed "hell") and easilly subverts the hard wired programing of the sex drive to a degree at least. So mentioning your married ,have kids you are desperately trying to proove something you stated you are completely comfortable with, so why the need to proove it to others - some people will assume your are something you aren't whatever you do.

Of course closet cases(often highly homophobic) are common within the Apple fan bois community just look at the irate reponses to this Youtube Apple ad;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JixbzFjv_cU

Gay (or whatever name you want to use for having sex with other men) cf average population are more likely to be shallow and swayed by style over function, thus you find that compared to the average population gay men make up a much higher % of the Apple fanbois.

What kind of stupid post is this?

Even if it is a joke (it MUST be a joke, right? It's too stupid to be real, I hope), its in poor taste.
  • Reply 108 of 109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DEATH of the IPHONE View Post

So is this is in the running for AIs pant wettingly ironic (given the TITANIC state of affairs now) post of the year or what!

So now we have the black as the white equally effected.Its not merely an aesthetic matter since the cracking is progressive the protection from the environment/functionality of the phone hardware is comprimised Not only are reports about cracks still flooding in from a full spectrum of users but the FREQUENCY of reports has INCREASED and become even more widespread - the best is when the smug delusional Apple fanbois tell everyone their's is still perfect because they looks after it, then a week later they are COMPLETELY WASTED when their's start cracking LOLOLOL. Of course don't forget that a majority of RABID fanatical Apple supporters will still report there phone is in perfect working order (or just not report it) despite it being practicaly dead because;

1) To protect their religiously worshiped Apple from any chance of destruction which would turn their life into miserable empty pointless voids.

2) To prevent them from becoming targets of endless derision + riducule after all their smug PONTIFICATION of how Apple products just work and the iPHONE is a revelationary device that will dominate the markets and make Apple into a world market dominating SUPER company. That the iphone's use of decade old technology and dearth of functionality is completely acceptable for the price " because it all depends on what your needs are" suggestion; flog paper cups (with Apple icon drawn on) with string to delusional Apple fanatic + charge them $100s for it saying its a VERY unique phone that hardly anyone is cool enough to own. Critics tell them it has ZERO functionality except for (perhaps) the Phone part and they have been brain washed to say/believe it suits their needs - THEY NEED it desperately in fact - so thats all fine and dandy to manipulate/brain wash those unluckilly born with low IQ shallow style over substance part of population and then screw them over. NICE!

So how many times to we here the claim of internet activity is meaningless in term of % of all Phones effected. However its just as meaningless to try to "bury bad news" because nothing has complete validity in our reality just a statistical chance of happening. The relevent thing is the degree of activity is so large and widespread compared to any of Apple products in the past ( eg original iPHONE screen was a raindrop compared to thr 3G IPHONES HURRICANE for cracks, dropped calls, no 3G, slow data impractical web browsing, non-existant battery life, apps constant crashing ,sych issues, updates making problems worse etc etc etc) that the implication for the phone (ands it fledgling platform) are TERMINAL. Apple have relied on Propaganda + Hype/PR to shift products (ie Psychology of Emporers new clothes) to the technology knowledge + self- understanding HANDICAPED and the devastation that the 3G iPHONE will cause to Apple's created credibility from their slick PR will be wrecked to such an extent reversal will not be happening anytime soon. Normally a company could rely on the quality of their products to build their respect back up, but since Apple QC has been scraping the barrel more and more over the last few years yet charging the same or MORE in Apple's case thats just NOT going to happen - it was only all the psychological PR that kept up the facade - take off the blind fold and the EMPEROR's true state of undress will be seen by all.

...and how many lunatic fanbois on here are sweeping all this under the carpet and continuing to make GRAND predictions so ARROGANTLY? With so many SERIOUS disabling issues on one device, one patch will take it ALL away ? - considering the rate the anger is mounting/patience is slipping with owners and expectations for the fix become more impracticle and become a set point of finality with support of the phone.

Perhaps this moron is worthy of a warning?
  • Reply 109 of 109
    Knowing how much you love to explain away anecdotal evidence, burry bad news or just stick your head in the sand, hope it all goes away and pretend its just another routine Apple year - well its certainly routine at the moment at least - Apple keeping silent on a major issue with one of their star products so they'll still be able flog more of the dodgy stock to new world market territories. .."But even more new customers will suffer grief and anger at the device's endless malfunction"..... So what Apl shareholders will be thrilled at such proffit we'll make - that it's taking advantage of the simple,gullable and technologically ignorant is pure trivia - its been our main selling strategy, why stop now? - this thread will keep you happy for eons;

WARNING! Link to HUGE thread - less powerful systems may time out etc.;

http://discussions.apple.com/message...841593#7841593

Here's a little taster to get you going;

Quote:

The Survey sounds interesting. I was at the SF Apple Store today; looking for some gadgets, also have a friend working there. I decided to just watch the Genius Bar, I must have seen a dozen or so iPhones turned in within the hour I was there, with more folks in the cue waiting to address their concerns.

I asked my friend how many iPhone issues come in on an average day?! He said "100s in the past few days." This could be because of the weekend I figured; folks having weekends off, so I asked him about that. He said "100s even on the weekdays." Then I figured, it's one of 2 stores in SF, so maybe that explains the high volume. He replied "There are issues with 3G, EDGE, both systems, the iPhone; both software & hardware, and it isn't over or an easy fix."

I know particular system service is not great everywhere you go, some get good EDGE signal, others don't, some get good 3G, others don't. Yet, loosing calls or service weakness seems to be part of the issue along with what my friends are experiencing; lost Contacts, lost Email accounts, phone shuts down every 30 secs after start up, and so on.

Sort of unrelated, but I purchased my first Mac (Macbook 13") just 10 months ago; the hard drive died in 6 months and had to get a new one. Then another issue arose after the new drive and they had to reinstall the operating system. with all my Macbook issues, this is why I left the world of PCs.

These iPhone issues has kept me away from buying one. I think it's great that Apple Stores have the Genius Bar, but when you watch how many folks come in every single minute, you realize there are some major issues, not just with the iPhone, but with Apple. You sit in the store and watch about 50% of the folks head straight up the stairs to the Genius Bar.

Hopefully, they'll work something out, but I'm skeptical.

Instead of rushing to get to market with new gadgets to please shareholders, maybe it's time Apple develops a strong Quality Control Unit during production.