File sharing finally comes to MobileMe

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 83
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jules771 View Post

What a joke!

Why anyone would want this file sharing is beyond me. I called Apple customer support and asked why their download bandwidth tops out at 187 KB/sec.

Their answer "Mobile Me customers are not the priority for bandwidth at Apple, software updates are".

So basically they couldn't give a s**t about you and your $100 a year.

Just curious, you say you only get 187 KB downloading from MM? Who are you using for an internet connection?

I just tested a 1 MB file and it came down in less than one second, I wanted to time it but it was too fast to do so. I was shocked to be honest, I always knew it was fast for me but never actually tried to see what it was. I also uploaded it in about 4 seconds using drag and drop to iDisk.

BTW, this is fabulous for my wife, a Realtor, she can use this to send PDFs to clients in a fraction of the time and it is simple enough for her to use easily. So many of her clients have PCs and their various Anti this and Anti thats and Windows Firewalls etc. stop them getting anything, with this even a PC user can get a large PDF from her easily. It is a great service.
  • Reply 82 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jules771 View Post

I think that they are giving out free Mountain Dew with every renewal, although I'm not sure that it's enough for the whole family.

He's not making any sense. Can someone get rid of this troll?
  • Reply 83 of 83
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BobABoui View Post

He's not making any sense. Can someone get rid of this troll?

Silly me, I actually replied to jules771 ... just noticed his location ... Redmond, WA

Good one, he got me ...